[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

SAS - news that can rock ny?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/28/2006  9:10 PM
i don't know who is salivating for someone to get fired, but i do know as a knick fan I wish the organization did clean house. the only thing isiah thomas has done in 2.5 years is take a mess by Layden[which couldve been cleaned up with good management] and turn into a an UNMANAGEABLE situation.

first rule in business don't throw good money at bad. they couldve rode out that Layden hiccup, which was also came at a time when the cyclical nature of the NBA was likely going to hit the knicks no matter what. but it came in and just started to throw money at it and he hasnt stopped and it keeps getting worse.

he's shown no patience, acumen or savvy as a deal maker, more so he does things in a panic which leads to hUGE mis-steps

i dont see one reason to keep him, but i do see many reasons to get him out of dodge. He's been a poor manager, he hasnt been a keen evaluator of talent and hasn't shown a scintilla of a cogent plan going forward.

He's failed miserably. If Dolan wants to keep him on as Larry's but boy, and Isiah accepts that, well iT the warrior basketball player sure has fallen miles from the steps he once stood on.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/28/2006  10:03 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

He's failed miserably. If Dolan wants to keep him on as Larry's but boy, and Isiah accepts that, well iT the warrior basketball player sure has fallen miles from the steps he once stood on.

It's sad really. Your right Briggs, Isiah has fallen a long way from his playing days. It's amazing how it seems like Joe Dumars does things exactly the opposite way and these 2 played together for all those years. IT the BadBoy is long over.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/28/2006  10:05 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:

It's sad really. Your right Briggs, Isiah has fallen a long way from his playing days. It's amazing how it seems like Joe Dumars does things exactly the opposite way and these 2 played together for all those years. IT the BadBoy is long over.

Isiah was brash and instinctive on the court. Joe was cerebral and calculating. Kind of looks like they've played true to form in the boardroom also.
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/28/2006  10:40 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

i don't know who is salivating for someone to get fired, but i do know as a knick fan I wish the organization did clean house. the only thing isiah thomas has done in 2.5 years is take a mess by Layden[which couldve been cleaned up with good management] and turn into a an UNMANAGEABLE situation.

first rule in business don't throw good money at bad. they couldve rode out that Layden hiccup, which was also came at a time when the cyclical nature of the NBA was likely going to hit the knicks no matter what. but it came in and just started to throw money at it and he hasnt stopped and it keeps getting worse.

he's shown no patience, acumen or savvy as a deal maker, more so he does things in a panic which leads to hUGE mis-steps

i dont see one reason to keep him, but i do see many reasons to get him out of dodge. He's been a poor manager, he hasnt been a keen evaluator of talent and hasn't shown a scintilla of a cogent plan going forward.

OK, I understand you don't like the guy....Thats OK....but don't say stuff like Layden mess was managable....The cap was 93 mio usd when Zeke got here.....The Knicks would have been in cap hell until H20 contract ran out the end of 07.....Now Zeke have extended that to 09...NO SIGNING will be a good one because the KNICKS are always over the cap....the talent difference you sign for 5 mil vs. 10 mil per is huge.....But we know this going in....So when he signs guys like Craw and JJ..people hit the roof....Thats the best the Knicks will do given the situation he met here....But you fans don't care..You just want to point fingers...U don't care about what's real....Just fantasy....

This is not Baseball and Football....You can't take a team that has not been to the playoffs in 3 years and make them a winner overnight...Doesn't happen....Never did in basketball...You want a miracle in just 2 year and 3 months, play the lottery.....Unbelievable....You are acting like he came here met a team with so much promise, cap room and he turned it into this......Amazing....

[Edited by - holfresh on 02-28-2006 10:47 PM]
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/28/2006  10:46 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by BRIGGS:

OK, I understand you don't like the guy....Thats OK....but don't say stuff like Layden mess was managable....The cap was 93 mio usd when Zeke got here.....The Knicks would have been in cap hell until H20 contract ran out the end of 07.....Now Zeke have extended that to 09...NO SIGNING will be a good one because the KNICKS are always over the cap....the talent difference you sign for 5 mil vs. 10 mil per is huge.....But we know this going in....So when he signs guys like Craw and JJ..people hit the roof....Thats the best the Knicks will do given the situation he met here....But you fans don't care..You just want to point fingers...U don't care about what's real....Just fantasy....

This is not Baseball and Football....You can't take a team that has not been to the playoffs in 3 year and make them a winner overnight...Doesn't happen....Never did in basketball...You want a miracle in just 2 year and 3 months.....Unbelievable....You are acting like he came here met a team with so much promise, cap room and he turned it into this......Amazing....

we're not the ones that think you can instantly make a winner out of what layden left, that idiot Isiah is the one who thinks that, thats why intellegnt fans wanted to rebuild, but Isiah foolishly chose to try to "win now".
Marv
2/28/2006  10:46 PM
Posted by holfresh:

This is not Baseball and Football....You can't take a team that has not been to the playoffs in 3 year and make them a winner overnight...Doesn't happen....Never did in basketball...You want a miracle in just 2 year and 3 months.....Unbelievable....You are acting like he came here met a team with so much promise, cap room and he turned it into this......Amazing....

Kiki did it. Got rid of his huge dead contracts - Raef, Nick the Quick, Dice. Traded for expirings like J Howard and let them expire. Was willing to suck for a couple of years, then had the draft picks (Melo, Nene), trades (Camby) and FA's (Miller) to rebuild and get in the playoffs in just a little more time than Isiah's been here already.
holfresh

2/28/2006  10:50 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by holfresh:

Kiki did it. Got rid of his huge dead contracts - Raef, Nick the Quick, Dice. Traded for expirings like J Howard and let them expire. Was willing to suck for a couple of years, then had the draft picks (Melo, Nene), trades (Camby) and FA's (Miller) to rebuild and get in the playoffs in just a little more time than Isiah's been here already.

He traded players with value at the time they were traded....Nick was a good player then, Raef was good before he got hurt.....Dyss was all world.....

THE KNICKS HAD KURT FREEKING THOMAS.....THATS IT....

[Edited by - holfresh on 02-28-2006 10:56 PM]
holfresh

2/28/2006  10:53 PM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by BRIGGS:

we're not the ones that think you can instantly make a winner out of what layden left, that idiot Isiah is the one who thinks that, thats why intellegnt fans wanted to rebuild, but Isiah foolishly chose to try to "win now".

I forgot this all important cavet...THE OWNER WONT LET YOU REBUILD...It's not up to Isiah...

Marv
2/28/2006  10:56 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by holfresh:

He traded players with value at the time they were traded....Nick was a good player tehn, Raef was good before he god hurt.....Dyss was all world.....

Deke had value, KVH, Sweetney, Lampe, Vujanic, Ward, even Othella, Frank. Plus Kiki didn't load on more and more dough, and he didn't give away draft picks. He even survived the Skita selection and the horrible KMart trade.
holfresh

2/28/2006  10:59 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by holfresh:

He traded players with value at the time they were traded....Nick was a good player tehn, Raef was good before he god hurt.....Dyss was all world.....

Deke had value, KVH, Sweetney, Lampe, Vujanic, Ward, even Othella, Frank. Plus Kiki didn't load on more and more dough, and he didn't give away draft picks. He even survived the Skita selection and the horrible KMart trade.

Value? None of those guys you mentioned above are starters...2 others are not even in the league anymore...
Marv
2/28/2006  11:03 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by holfresh:

Value? None of those guys you mentioned above are starters...2 others are not even in the league anymore...

Your words - value at the time they were traded. I contend that all the guys I mentioned had value and could have been traded for expiring contracts and draft picks if Zeke had wanted to.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/28/2006  11:04 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by holfresh:

value and starters are 2 different things. Even Darko has value.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
holfresh

2/28/2006  11:13 PM
Value comes on when trading for expiring contracts....NO ONE IN BASKETBALL, is giving up expiring contracts for Deke,KVH,Lampe,Ward,Sweets and the gang.....Ain't happening...
Marv
2/28/2006  11:17 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Value comes on when trading for expiring contracts....NO ONE IN BASKETBALL, is giving up expiring contracts for Deke,KVH,Lampe,Ward,Sweets and the gang.....Ain't happening...

Deke wsa a bargain at $4M because NJ was picking up $10M of his salary. And he was coming off a 10-block game agaisnt them. KVH was playing great at the time. Lampe was coveted, as was Vujanic. Ward was a steadying veteran PG. Sweets was killing on the boards as a rookie.
holfresh

2/28/2006  11:25 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by holfresh:

Deke wsa a bargain at $4M because NJ was picking up $10M of his salary. And he was coming off a 10-block game agaisnt them. KVH was playing great at the time. Lampe was coveted, as was Vujanic. Ward was a steadying veteran PG. Sweets was killing on the boards as a rookie.

Come on...KVH was ok...not great....Lampe coveted? by whom? Vujanic, where is he now?
Ward was cut immediately by Phoenix and got a job with JVG and hardly played...Sweets was in street cloths when Isiah got here and Isiah activated him with a comment I remember, we are not that good a team where we cannot play our first round pick.....

[Edited by - holfresh on 02-28-2006 11:32 PM]
McK1
Member: #964
2/28/2006  11:30 PM
who would give an expiring contract, first round picks for Crawford Q Marbury or Curry?
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/1/2006  12:33 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/01/sports/basketball/01knicks.html

Knicks Receive a Message From the Top: Shape Up

By LIZ ROBBINS
Published: March 1, 2006
MEMPHIS, Feb. 28 — James L. Dolan, the chairman of Madison Square Garden, walked into the visiting locker room Tuesday afternoon. The Knicks were preparing for yet another practice after yet another loss, and Dolan told his players to start improving. Immediately.

Only minutes after the Knicks' president, Isiah Thomas, delivered a similar speech, Dolan made a special point to inform the players and the coaches that Thomas's and Coach Larry Brown's jobs were safe.

Later, after a spirited practice, Brown again questioned the roster Thomas assembled and implied that the players' jobs might not be safe this summer.

If only the Knicks could muster this much drama on the court.

With the Knicks' record at 15-41, the season is already lost, and Brown is already talking about a roster overhaul.

Dolan, who spent more than $120 million for the roster, just wants the Knicks prepared for the Grizzlies on Wednesday night.

"He can't change what has happened," Jalen Rose said, recounting Dolan's speech to the team, "but tomorrow night he wanted us to start being a better team. That's the bottom line."

Dolan is in Memphis on a previously scheduled trip, traveling Monday from San Antonio after watching the Spurs embarrass the Knicks, 121-93. Making an annual trip with the team, he took the three highest-ranking members of the Garden hierarchy with him — the president, Steve Mills; the vice chairman, Hank Ratner; and the senior vice president for communications, Barry Watkins. Dolan is expected to speak to the news media Wednesday afternoon before the Knicks play the Grizzlies.

The message Dolan gave the team Tuesday, in a rare locker room appearance, was a powerful backing of Thomas. Dolan has never wavered in his support of Thomas, including the backing he gave him when the former Knicks marketing executive Anucha Browne Sanders filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against him and the Garden in January.

Rose said, "He also acknowledged the fact that you'll probably see and hear a lot of speculation about him possibly making changes with the coach staff or the front office, and he acknowledged that's not going to happen." Many of Thomas's roster moves — he has made 44 since becoming team president in December 2003 — have drawn criticism, especially the recent trades for Rose and Steve Francis. Thomas seemed to be stockpiling guards who are not defensive-minded, even though Brown said at the time that he endorsed the deals.

"You don't bring in players that can't play a style that's comfortable for the coach," Brown said after practice. "Isiah and I understand that. He knows the guys I like — it's not easy to make trades."

With the deadline having passed to make trades, Brown added: "The important thing is to get the most out of these guys and see if they can play the way I feel comfortable coaching — if they want me to coach."

By throwing out such a curious aside, Brown, who still has $40 million and 4 years left on his contract, may be sensing that he is losing his players. But then again, maybe he wants to lose them.

"We got to have guys who are defensive-minded, have a high basketball I.Q., play unselfish and play hard," he said. "The way I look at it, maybe some of them can't do what I ask."

Brown mentioned players with whom he has had success elsewhere — Eric Snow, Bruce Bowen, Nazr Mohammed, Raja Bell and Aaron McKie. Then Brown said he told Thomas he wanted three point guards; four post players who can defend; athletic wing players who can dribble, drive and guard; and two stabilizing veterans. "We got to find out if we have them here or what," Brown said.

Meanwhile, the current Knicks are trying to find themselves, trying not to think about where they may be next season.

Francis plays his third game with the Knicks on Wednesday. He compared Brown's predicament to one Jeff Van Gundy faced when he became coach of the Houston Rockets.

"He had players who were capable, but early on nobody bought into what he was telling us," Francis said of Van Gundy.

"Once we did that, everybody got better as a team."

Francis said that neither Thomas nor Dolan named names in speaking to the team, but they indicated that the players needed to start playing to their potential.

"It's the truth, it's not one person, nobody's having a stellar season on the team," Francis said.

Brown had this reaction to the speeches Thomas and his boss gave Tuesday, saying of Dolan: "He's been real supportive. Isiah's been real supportive. I don't know how they can be, watching us play."

Jerome James, the $30 million center who has been a disappointment because of injury and his play, said he took this message away from the meeting: "The city of New York is a hard-working city, and I think if we came out and gave effort night in and night out, I think they would appreciate it more than if we seemingly gave up."

The Knicks are one defeat from guaranteeing a losing season and are closing in on the franchise's worst record — 21-59 in 1963.

As Brown and James left the Grizzlies' practice gym together, Brown was disgusted by the mess of bottles, tape and towels the team had left.

"We leave the place worse than when we got here," Brown said, a statement that, so far, could apply to the Knicks' season.
¿ △ ?
Marv
3/1/2006  12:36 AM
Jerome James, the $30 million center who has been a disappointment because of injury and his play, said he took this message away from the meeting: "The city of New York is a hard-working city, and I think if we came out and gave effort night in and night out, I think they would appreciate it more than if we seemingly gave up."

And they say we don't have any smart players!!!!!
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/1/2006  1:00 AM
Posted by Marv:

And they say we don't have any smart players!!!!!

He was smart enough to sign the $30 million contract!
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/1/2006  7:15 AM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:
Posted by islesfan:

I Own you.

You forget, I seen a picture of u dude. You LOOK like the type of guy who has to come onto a message board in order to "own" anything. Guess you need to feel macho. Again, this changes nothing.

Isiah to Islesfan STFU

Why does this hurt you so much? You and a bunch of others were salivating today in hopes dude would be fired. I find this hilarious. Back to the drawing board huh?

[Edited by - theloniusmonk on 02-28-2006 8:51 PM]
[/quote]

And I find it hilarious that after all this time I'm still so deeply inside your head that even though I barely respond to your posts you still hold some kind of grudge against me. Apparently to the point of fabricating things to make yourself look right and/or me wrong. Pathetic but I guess that happens when you get owned.

Umm ok, you saw a picture of me and what? Too funny. Seriously, pathetic.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
SAS - news that can rock ny?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy