Man for Man on Paper.......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/28/2006  9:26 AM

We are stacked!

Except for Timmay, we blow away the spurs on paper! WE have so much talent!

Then you see it. Sean Freaking Marks is killing us!

The washed up Finley, NVE, and a buch of scrubs are killing us.

Why? The system.

When did the Spurs get the system? When Pop got there? Nope.

Why, cuz how did Pop get the gig?

He was an assistant to Larry. Larry started the Spurs greatness and installed the system. Pop coaches the Larry way!

Fire Larry? Please. Fire Chaney, WIlkens, Herb, Larry, bring in Herb? Why think it would get better?

Fire Isiah? No, but if he can't fix this he has to go. He has bought in low charactor guys.

To rid them is gonna cost even more money.

If these bitches can't adapt, then trade them.

We don't need Starphuched players, we need the right type of players for the system that Larry wants to impliment.

Spurs are amazing.

Give Larry credit in Detroit. He took a good team and made them great. They are still great cuz they elevated and bought in. The Pistons were not getting it done with Carlisle, but got it done with larry.

Larry has the Cred, not the players.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/28/2006  9:31 AM
step #1 should be to get rid of Marbury... i'm willing to bet you the team chemistry would improve dramatically soon after.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
USA
2/28/2006  9:34 AM
Posted by TMS:

step #1 should be to get rid of Marbury... i'm willing to bet you the team chemistry would improve dramatically soon after.

Seems to be his pattern. But who takes him? Who has the "crap" space? Who can we dump him upon?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/28/2006  9:37 AM
nolad I agree with you 98%. I do think that new people have to be brought in in management after this debacle and even LB has to be evaluated--who knows what is going on with his health, mentality etc... but for guys calling out LB, you just do not know the history of basketball.

3 final fours in 8 years nearly 2 championships division conference nba championships 3 finals in the last 5 years

this isnt even joe paterno stinking it up and coming back. this is a guy who is on the top of the game--look at riley who went through 20 win seasons with da heat. nolad is right--its a character issue throughout the team and it will taking purging the roster to correct it.
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/28/2006  9:41 AM
eViL - do your thing and post your post. You know the one. As backup evidence.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
2/28/2006  9:47 AM
Posted by martin:

eViL - do your thing and post your post. You know the one. As backup evidence.

"the Evil Proclaimation declaration confirmation of Lawrence Harvey Brown's reputation".

Yeah, that one!

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/28/2006  9:49 AM
great post nalod. We all know it is not the talent level on this team. We have talent, but spoiled talent...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/28/2006  9:52 AM
when you look at it the spurs have guys who are A) happy to be playing in this league, guys like marks, oberto, B) vetran role players who know their roles, guys like finley, horry, barry and C) three good players to carry the team, Duncan, parker and Ginobili.

those are 3 smart, good all around guys. the rest are guys who will do what it takes to make sure they assist these guys.

Our problem is do we have any of the 3 listed above?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/28/2006  10:17 AM
as a programmer, i'm a big purge, delete, start over guy.

when i'm coding a new application, if i don't like where things are going, i'd much rather scrap the stuff i did already and start over. it clears my head and gives me a fresh slate to work with.

that's what needs to happen here, purge and delete the front office and bring in some more competent people to make the basketball related decisions.

and for the lb detractors, nalod summed it up perfectly. sean marks looked like f'n bill walton last night. sean f'n marks. and the guy guarding him was channing frye. you can't just say "play the rooks" and all of this will go away, b/c it won't. there needs to be a high colonic done to remove some of the sh t and get rid of some of the crap space.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/28/2006  10:21 AM
and for the lb detractors, nalod summed it up perfectly. sean marks looked like f'n bill walton last night. sean f'n marks. and the guy guarding him was channing frye. you can't just say "play the rooks" and all of this will go away, b/c it won't. there needs to be a high colonic done to remove some of the sh t and get rid of some of the crap space.
No one's saying playing them will add a meaningful # of wins this year. We're saying we don't think giving them all sans Frye DNP-CDs is not in the team's long-term interests. Lee, Nate, and Butler are good enough now and important enough in the future that the three of them should combine for zero DNP-CDs the rest of the way *regardless* of the effect on the W-L record it has this year.
djsunyc
2/28/2006  10:36 AM
well, right now, everyone is playing except nate - thanks to the backcourt logjam and now q2, thanks to the arrival of jalen.

david is seeing minutes, frye continues to, and now jackie blue.

he's been playing the young guys all year sans lee and he's starting to see some time also.

i remember trevor getting a dnp last april as well as sweetney starting, but only playing 20 mins when the season was long gone. it's different this year outside of isiah's two moves for francis and jalen who HAVE to play at the expense of the rooks.
jaydh
Member: #96
2/28/2006  10:40 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by TMS:

Seems to be his pattern. But who takes him? Who has the "crap" space? Who can we dump him upon?

atlanta or minny

TMS
USA
2/28/2006  10:41 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by TMS:

this is why the only realistic option i can think of is someone who carries huge risks of his own... maybe someone like KMart, knees & all, contract & all... trade Marbury for KMart, & i guarantee you'll see a POSITIVE change in team chemistry... for that alone, i make the deal... no one in the NBA is going to give up an expiring contract to take on Marbury's dour personality, but to unload a burdensome contract of their own, you can at least give them incentive to make the deal... & if KMart comes back healthy, then you make out like a bandit on the deal, because he actually plays the game the way LB wants this team to play, & brings everything this team is currently lacking right now (heart, passion, energy, defense & shotblocking)... DEN gets cap relief by making this trade, believe it or not, & they get a player who will produce for them rather than 1 who's healthy will be questionable... it's not a slam dunk trade by any stretch, but are we really in any position right now to be thinking slam dunk? i say start w/a trade of this nature, address the team chemistry issue first, & then build from there.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
jaydh
Member: #96
2/28/2006  10:41 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by TMS:

atlanta or minny

MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
2/28/2006  10:45 AM
I would send Marbury to Atlanta with our two draft picks in order to get rid of him, and if we have to sign Harrinton fine at least he gives you points and rebounds at the three.....even to LA for Odom who I think doesn't get enough credit and on a team with multiple good players and scorers he would be great

Francis moves a lot better and is more of a pure pg and can move the ball....You do not give up Lee or Frye at all costs they want to get better have good attitudes and will be very good rebounders and team guys....
MS
Member: #724
2/28/2006  10:53 AM
And Larry has been awful, no one calling him out is wrong, his coaching and decision making is up there with the worst coaching job this league has ever seen, lets be realistic....

He has alienated most of the players, is acting childish calling out players in the media, his rotation shifting is the stuff that legends are made of, and his in game subs are just plain confusing, when you have people in the organization as well as broadcasters associated with the team lost its a pretty good indicator that Larry is in over his head this year and just assumed that players would buy into his system because of his track record.......

Like Davis said you can't ride young players the way you ride veterans....

That being said we have a team of ghetto thugs and punks that don't really love the game, they are pay check players
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/28/2006  10:54 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Why? The system.

When did the Spurs get the system? When Pop got there? Nope.

Why, cuz how did Pop get the gig?

He was an assistant to Larry. Larry started the Spurs greatness and installed the system. Pop coaches the Larry way!

Fire Larry? Please. Fire Chaney, WIlkens, Herb, Larry, bring in Herb? Why think it would get better?

Spurs are amazing.

Give Larry credit in Detroit. He took a good team and made them great. They are still great cuz they elevated and bought in. The Pistons were not getting it done with Carlisle, but got it done with larry.

Larry has the Cred, not the players.

I dont totally agree with this...between Brown and Pop, there were about were about 3 coaches and numerous player movements...

Avery Johnson
Dennis Rodman
Sean Elliot
Tim Duncan

and didnt Tarkarnian (sp) coach for like half season and didnt a terrible job.....someone else came in (Hill??)and the Spurs ended up going to the playoffs??

Nalod
USA
2/28/2006  10:58 AM
We can't just lay this on Marbs. His post orlando, Pre Shoulder time he was the point we all envisioned he could be. But if he can't get on board with larry and thus Isiah, then he is lost on this team.

I would have to say that Craw must also be gone. This moron looks idiotic last nite with the wimpy passes and lack of confidence found in rookies. Enough!

Nate gets a rookie pass and perhaps needs Craw to be gone for him to mature.

djsunyc
2/28/2006  11:07 AM
Posted by MS:

And Larry has been awful, no one calling him out is wrong, his coaching and decision making is up there with the worst coaching job this league has ever seen, lets be realistic....

He has alienated most of the players, is acting childish calling out players in the media, his rotation shifting is the stuff that legends are made of, and his in game subs are just plain confusing, when you have people in the organization as well as broadcasters associated with the team lost its a pretty good indicator that Larry is in over his head this year and just assumed that players would buy into his system because of his track record.......

Like Davis said you can't ride young players the way you ride veterans....

That being said we have a team of ghetto thugs and punks that don't really love the game, they are pay check players

wait, if they're ghetto thugs and punks then why can't lb ride them? on one hand you're saying that lb is handling the players wrong. but on the other, you're saying the players don't really love the game. wouldn't you think that one would dictate the other?
TMS
USA
2/28/2006  11:14 AM
Posted by Nalod:

We can't just lay this on Marbs. His post orlando, Pre Shoulder time he was the point we all envisioned he could be. But if he can't get on board with larry and thus Isiah, then he is lost on this team.

I would have to say that Craw must also be gone. This moron looks idiotic last nite with the wimpy passes and lack of confidence found in rookies. Enough!

Nate gets a rookie pass and perhaps needs Craw to be gone for him to mature.

i'm not laying this all on Marbs... but the first step needs to be getting rid of him... you start w/baby steps & go from there... no 1 move is going to fix this mess, but getting rid of 1 of the big causes of the lack of team chemistry is a good start... LB isn't going anywhere, so it's up to the players to conform to his ways... those who can't have to go, it's as simple as that.
Man for Man on Paper.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy