[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This is getting ridiculous. Is it in the water?
Author Thread
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
2/28/2006  4:48 AM
Every year you see players put up good numbers on bad teams. Al Harrington, Antoine Walker, Joe Johnson, Chris Boshh, all players who have inflated numbers because their supporting cast doesnt support.

But we have GOOD players on this team. Marbury, Francis, Rose, QRich even Curry. But their numbers are going DOWN the more they play on this team. I mean, I know we're not a good team, and we're nobody's bet to get the playoffs even next year. But these guys should at least be putting up some STATS, no? It seems anyone who comes here just gets worse and worse. What the hell is going on? Marbury, worst year of his career, Francis averaging 12 point for the Knicks so far, Q 9 ppg, Rose, nonfactor.

What the hell is going on here? If we had the same record, but at least some players were doing individually well, there might be some hope. But it seems that every player that arrives on this team starts to suck immediately. I just dont get it.

This is frustrating, real frustrating. Im a real fan, so I cant tune them out, but I dont look forward to the games any more, because I know we're going to get blown out again. Something is wrong. What the hell could happen to turn at least 2 players who have ALWAYS played better then this into Tariq Abdul-Wahid? Hell, at this point, I reckon if we would have gotten LeBron before the deadline, he would be averaging worse numbers then Eddie House.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/28/2006  7:47 AM
Posted by firefly:

But we have GOOD players on this team.

I disagree. We don't have good players on this team. Well I guess it depends on how you judge. Offensive stat wise we may have good players. However if you judge a player on hustle, defense, knowledge of the game, mental toughness, ability to make your teamates better, winning attitude, defense, defense and defense then you will see we don't really have that great of a team.

Defense is at least half of the game.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
2/28/2006  8:07 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by firefly:

I disagree. We don't have good players on this team. Well I guess it depends on how you judge. Offensive stat wise we may have good players. However if you judge a player on hustle, defense, knowledge of the game, mental toughness, ability to make your teamates better, winning attitude, defense, defense and defense then you will see we don't really have that great of a team.

Im not speaking about having winners, getting to the playoffs, looking to the future for a championship. Im just speaking about producing offensively. All of a sudden, players come here and they start to stink. It doesnt make any sense. I know not to expect lockdown D, etc. But something!

[Edited by - firefly on 02-28-2006 08:08 AM]
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
2/28/2006  8:09 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by firefly:

I think the KNicks do have good players...we have speed and athleticism (sp)...height and strong bodies down low.
It's the coach that needs to put all that together...
This is getting ridiculous. Is it in the water?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy