Member: #508
USA
2/28/2006  5:24 PM
Craw
GazyMan
Big Snacks
Marbs
Penny

All very bad additions for financial and attitude/aptitude reasons.

The backlash from the Francis trade and AnuchaGate might have broke the camels back.
AUTOADVERT
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
2/28/2006  6:10 PM
Posted by JesseDark:

Would a defensive player help? Yes. Do we have one? No. Does that mean the way to get the players you do have to play you want them to is to disparge and insult them publicly. That does not work in h.s Div III or the pros. You don't have to have coached 26 years to know that.

Larry's MO has always been the same - and it's has worked (in the past).
OldFan
Member: #446
2/28/2006  6:17 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by djsunyc:

what about last season, was it lenny's fault?

Lenny was creative with the offense but he didn't have the talent the Knicks have now. Herb Williams still lost as the coach but he solidified what Lenny was doing....I think if they just built on what they had with Herb and added this talent the Knicks would be a .500 team. Brown has the Knicks at the very bottom of the league....with more athletic talent than this team has seen in a long time.

So.....If anything Isiah should not have went after Brown.....but if he didn't he would have been scrutinized......He should have just kept Herb. Herb would have been easier to Fire than Brown at this time of the year.....Isiah screwed himself.

You've talked a lot about offense and talent. But I think the major problem with the way this team is constructed is Defense and toughness - or lack there of. This team can't play defense and until they can running their offense differently isn't going to make a lot of difference.

holfresh
Member: #1081

2/28/2006  6:18 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

The Knicks have tons of talent....I dunno how you can make this team better. The team has been poorly coached since training camp. There is proof that alot of fans won't except because Larry Brown is the king of coaching.

Even with the new players its the same results. There is no good reason why these guys can't win. The talent level is there.

I'm a diehard fan but this season has brought new meaning to the word. You can't continue trade players left and right. There needs to be a new voice in that locker room......The players have all given up on the coach. If it was anyone else but Larry Brown the coach would have been shot in the back of the head by one of the ball boys by now.

Larry has to go before Isiah. Any other GM would still have Brown to deal with as a coach. What mix of player will best suit Brown? What players can he coach? If a coach can only do his job if he has a certain type of player they would and should be fired.

This is Bull****.....

I can give you 50 million reasons why.....I would love to see it tho.....

eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/28/2006  6:27 PM
Posted by eViL:

Now some people's answer is to fire LB. However, firing LB will only reinforce the idea that the players are not accountable. How far can we go with a bunch of players who rather sulk and willingly defy their coach than play with pride and the desire to win?

If people think Larry has lost the team, then that's more an indictment of the team than it is of Larry.

check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/28/2006  8:57 PM
while being dropped kicked to the curb chaney sighed,i wish i was given that kind of talent
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/28/2006  9:11 PM
Now some people's answer is to fire LB. However, firing LB will only reinforce the idea that the players are not accountable

firing larry brown will reinforce the idea of zeke's untimely coaching selection.

zeke should have had no business selecting larry lame after the stunt he pulled in detroit

then again, these kind of theatrics only happen off broadway or should i say the "mecca of mediocrity"
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/28/2006  10:20 PM
Posted by Bobby:
Now some people's answer is to fire LB. However, firing LB will only reinforce the idea that the players are not accountable

firing larry brown will reinforce the idea of zeke's untimely coaching selection.

zeke should have had no business selecting larry lame after the stunt he pulled in detroit

then again, these kind of theatrics only happen off broadway or should i say the "mecca of mediocrity"

Firing Larry Brown says to the players: "Go ahead rebel against your next coach. If you don't like him we'll fire him too. Freelance all game long because the team system doesn't matter. If coach tells you to stick with the game plan, dog it and lose."

Firing Larry Brown says to prospective coaches: "Come here and get paid to be a lame duck. You'll have no power whatsoever. Don't push these guys because they'll fight by loafing until the record is so poor you get fired too."

LB is highly respected almost universally across the league. Our players, for the most part, are not.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/28/2006  10:23 PM
The funny thing is Larry would probably relish the firing. $50M for 5 months work. 10 really large per month. "Sweet. OK, on to Miami after Riles shuttles out."
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
I dont know how the owner doesnt fire Larry tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy