[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I dont know how the owner doesnt fire Larry tonight
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/28/2006  12:45 PM
Posted by Marv:

Eny, what about this Jalen/Stevie BS with Zeke? This is what pushed me over the edge. He doesn't seem like he's ever going to get it. He keeps compounding his mistakes and sticking us with more starphucking losers that cost more money than everyone on this board together would ever see in the next 5 lifetimes.

Brown wanted those guys too.

I don't care about the money cuz I'm not the one paying these guys. The talent is there.....but there is no system.....it's like Brown forgot how to coach. When you want old Pacer games Brown was just a genius as far as getting his player open shots and working with what he had.

As a coach you just can't pout about your players when you already have the talent. You have to adapt to what you have.

Look at Rudy T. from when he had Hakeem to when he had Francis.......the style of play was just night and day. He had to adapt to what he had on the court. He didn't kill his players he just did his job.

Getting a new GM will not stop the endless trades......Isiah has proved he can make trades and get the best out of every deal. If Brown has to be here then Isiah should be here too.....Brown has his wish list and Isiah will get him the players he wants. I think we all can agree to that....so why should Isiah be fired?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/28/2006  12:50 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Marv:

Eny, what about this Jalen/Stevie BS with Zeke? This is what pushed me over the edge. He doesn't seem like he's ever going to get it. He keeps compounding his mistakes and sticking us with more starphucking losers that cost more money than everyone on this board together would ever see in the next 5 lifetimes.

Brown wanted those guys too.

I don't care about the money cuz I'm not the one paying these guys. The talent is there.....but there is no system.....it's like Brown forgot how to coach. When you want old Pacer games Brown was just a genius as far as getting his player open shots and working with what he had.

As a coach you just can't pout about your players when you already have the talent. You have to adapt to what you have.

Look at Rudy T. from when he had Hakeem to when he had Francis.......the style of play was just night and day. He had to adapt to what he had on the court. He didn't kill his players he just did his job.

Getting a new GM will not stop the endless trades......Isiah has proved he can make trades and get the best out of every deal. If Brown has to be here then Isiah should be here too.....Brown has his wish list and Isiah will get him the players he wants. I think we all can agree to that....so why should Isiah be fired?

what about last season, was it lenny's fault?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/28/2006  1:03 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

Lenny was creative with the offense but he didn't have the talent the Knicks have now. Herb Williams still lost as the coach but he solidified what Lenny was doing....I think if they just built on what they had with Herb and added this talent the Knicks would be a .500 team. Brown has the Knicks at the very bottom of the league....with more athletic talent than this team has seen in a long time.

So.....If anything Isiah should not have went after Brown.....but if he didn't he would have been scrutinized......He should have just kept Herb. Herb would have been easier to Fire than Brown at this time of the year.....Isiah screwed himself.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

2/28/2006  1:06 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Nalod:

It turned to $hit when KVH left the building!
whats actually funny is that the closest thing to an actual "team" that Isiah had was we Marbury, Frank, Shandon, KVH, Deke, Kurt, Harrington and Doleac with H20 hurt. That team actually played very well and had a nice run together. Then the rest is history.

WOW! Isiah should be fired for breaking up that potential title contending team.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/28/2006  1:07 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by djsunyc:

Lenny was creative with the offense but he didn't have the talent the Knicks have now. Herb Williams still lost as the coach but he solidified what Lenny was doing....I think if they just built on what they had with Herb and added this talent the Knicks would be a .500 team. Brown has the Knicks at the very bottom of the league....with more athletic talent than this team has seen in a long time.

So.....If anything Isiah should not have went after Brown.....but if he didn't he would have been scrutinized......He should have just kept Herb. Herb would have been easier to Fire than Brown at this time of the year.....Isiah screwed himself.

sounds like the only guy that can coach these guys is isiah...
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/28/2006  1:37 PM
that would be awesome. Then Isiah can talk his jive about how talented his group is or we can dump his ass after he falls on his face. Either way Knick fans win.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
2/28/2006  2:33 PM
We focus too much on individuals. This coach, or that GM should be fired. The whole Knicks system is dysfunctional. They are now the worst franchise in basketball.

I think the money is important. What signal does it send when we consistently take on these ridiculous contracts for guys who UPDERPERFORM? The Knicks (the franchise I mean) are SUCKERS!

Fire them all and sell the team to someone who cares about NY Basketball.
https:// It's not so hard.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/28/2006  2:36 PM
Posted by BasketballJones:

We focus too much on individuals. This coach, or that GM should be fired. The whole Knicks system is dysfunctional.
Very well put!

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02-28-2006 2:37 PM]
fishmike
USA
2/28/2006  2:45 PM
I agree... however there is one guy that has the power to change ALL of that. Thats the GM. He gets the players. He hires the head coach and grants that coach permission to hire or not to hire assistants. He hires scouts and player personel people. He's got the ultimate call on trades, who gets signed and who gets drafted.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
2/28/2006  2:46 PM
The ultimate call is with the owner, not GM, on every one of those decisions you listed above.
oohah
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #887
2/28/2006  3:16 PM
When you want old Pacer games Brown was just a genius as far as getting his player open shots and working with what he had.

Eny, the genius at getting guys open shots was Mark Jackson!

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/28/2006  3:21 PM
lol indeed
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
2/28/2006  3:22 PM
"Isiah has proved he can make trades and get the best out of every deal." Eny are you insane? What deal has Isiah gotten the best of? Each deal has set the Knicks back even further? He's been GM of this team for two years and they're the worst team in the NBA, now and in the future.

You MUST fire Isiah before you fire Larry Brown, that's ridiculous. Isiah has gotten all of these losers who don't play defense or team basketball.
#Knickstaps
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
2/28/2006  3:27 PM
Somehow I believe that Zeke/Brown/Dolan have already spoken about the way the team is playing, and it's a safe bet they're on the 'wait for after summer' wagon together, and these losses mean less to them than they do to us - they HAVE To be thinking that way or else the Francis trade wouldn't have gone thru, I think. What I want most is for Stevie to end this season playing (showcase) well -
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
2/28/2006  3:33 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

"Isiah has proved he can make trades and get the best out of every deal." Eny are you insane? What deal has Isiah gotten the best of? Each deal has set the Knicks back even further? He's been GM of this team for two years and they're the worst team in the NBA, now and in the future.

You MUST fire Isiah before you fire Larry Brown, that's ridiculous. Isiah has gotten all of these losers who don't play defense or team basketball.

Happy 2000th Post!
https:// It's not so hard.
fishmike
USA
2/28/2006  4:02 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

The ultimate call is with the owner, not GM, on every one of those decisions you listed above.

yea, well Dolan says yes you can add payroll or no you cant add payroll. I agree with you point that far. You couldnt convince me in 1000 years (cause its not true) that Dolan said go get Jerome James. Go get Mo Taylor. Sign Crawford to $50mm. Go get Francis. Go get Marbury. Thats what he's paying Isiah millions of dollars for. To make the basketball decisions. Thats why Isiah's title is PRESIDENT of basketball operations.

It baffles me that at this point people still look to make excuses or defend this guy. Looking at what we had when Layden left wasnt so bad compared to this.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/28/2006  4:12 PM
I agree fish. How much money do you think IT would of given Doleac? LOL.. full MLE? LOL... IT overpays.. the Jerome James signing was just criminal...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
OngBok
Member: #894
Thailand
2/28/2006  4:14 PM
You know whats funny is that all the players we have NOW, all of you were saying that they were STUDS while they were on other teams, now that we have them they are just bums and its all IT's fault !! lol... thats all i van say
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/28/2006  5:15 PM
The "Studs" we have now are Steph, Francis and maybe Curry...Craw was a flawed player in Chicago (I wanted Q more that year--go figure)....problem is we picked the right coach for the wrong team....I loved getting LB but hindsight is both he and the players are to inflexible and stubborn to reach a compromise, and since we have him now I am apt to keep him before anyone else on this roster or in the Front Office, because his system works. Everything else about this team is experimental.
~You can't run from who you are.~
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/28/2006  5:23 PM
Posted by OngBok:

You know whats funny is that all the players we have NOW, all of you were saying that they were STUDS while they were on other teams, now that we have them they are just bums and its all IT's fault !! lol... thats all i van say

Not true. While I would say most people agreed that all our acquisitions had strong upside, there were many people who predicted things can go wrong. A lot of posters made the obvious point: if Craw is such a stud, why did the Bulls draft a bunch of guards to replace him and then trade him for nothing? Why was there no other team in play for Craw? Why did Denver, a team in desperate need of an SG, ignore him? Similarly, many echoed the same thoughts regarding Curry.

Now, I'm an optimist - so my hope was that these guys would pan out. I thought they'd play with a chip on their shoulders - them against the world. So far they haven't. Our GM is in love with reclamation projects. The sad fact is that reclamation projects fail as much as (if not more than) they succeed in this league. Today we sit with a team of reclamation projects and so far the gambles haven't paid off.

Now some people's answer is to fire LB. However, firing LB will only reinforce the idea that the players are not accountable. How far can we go with a bunch of players who rather sulk and willingly defy their coach than play with pride and the desire to win?

If people think Larry has lost the team, then that's more an indictment of the team than it is of Larry.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
I dont know how the owner doesnt fire Larry tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy