[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

the 2005-06 season: How could something so right, go soooo wrong?
Author Thread
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
2/27/2006  3:16 PM

You couldn't have paid me to believe that the Knicks wouldn't have made the playoffs this season. Not after the great draft they had. (Even the guy that i was suspect of has been a winner -- Frye).

Not after they hired Larry Brown.

How could something so right -- go sooo wrong? I ask this question.

My Conclusion:
We, as fans want to pick the fruit but the fruit aint ripe yet.
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/27/2006  3:19 PM
fate...karma...jobu...voodoo...santaria...whatever you want to believe in...

it's supposed to happen like this. the knicks are paying for sins in their past and we are the ones suffering.

stupid is as stupid does...

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/27/2006  3:24 PM
lets be fair. Knick FANS and only fans believed we would be a good team. Everyone that did any analysis killed us and killed Isiah's moves. They constantly harped on Marbury and LB not getting along, the Knicks not having any tough players, career losers, Eddie Curry is soft and not worth the risk, etc etc etc

We labeled ESPN, cnn-si, and everyone else haters. I think only Steve Kerr said we had talent and would be about .500

Looks like everyone was right
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/27/2006  3:30 PM
yea, you hit it on the head fish, I think we had these out of the world expectations for this group of guys. I am very dissapointed. where we went wrong? I don't know, but i know where to start now...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2006  3:38 PM
Posted by fishmike:

lets be fair. Knick FANS and only fans believed we would be a good team. Everyone that did any analysis killed us and killed Isiah's moves. They constantly harped on Marbury and LB not getting along, the Knicks not having any tough players, career losers, Eddie Curry is soft and not worth the risk, etc etc etc

We labeled ESPN, cnn-si, and everyone else haters. I think only Steve Kerr said we had talent and would be about .500

Looks like everyone was right

We hate the haters, but we fail to recognize the hate within.

Until we can stop hating ourselves, we will never succeed.

Isles was right all along.

All hail Isles!

Hate Rules!

Accept the Hate and you shall be free!

MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
2/27/2006  3:46 PM
It starts and ends with the coach, if roles are defined players know what their roles actually are.... and Isiah doesn't help matters by bringing in Q2 and then Rose, and signing players that have no business being on the roster and create dissension with the Players.....

You need to have the right mindset and be willing to improve which our players are don't possess; most of them are so ghetto and are concerned with dollars, women, and material things that winning an improvement are not on their mind....

You can see the negative effect Brown has had on Crawford who looks lost and players just don't look like their heads are on straight...

But everyone has been a disspointment out there, we need to see more of Lee and less of Rose who doesn't provide anything....
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/27/2006  3:49 PM
Posted by MS:

It starts and ends with the coach, if roles are defined players know what their roles actually are.... and Isiah doesn't help matters by bringing in Q2 and then Rose, and signing players that have no business being on the roster and create dissension with the Players.....

You need to have the right mindset and be willing to improve which our players are don't possess; most of them are so ghetto and are concerned with dollars, women, and material things that winning an improvement are not on their mind....

You can see the negative effect Brown has had on Crawford who looks lost and players just don't look like their heads are on straight...

But everyone has been a disspointment out there, we need to see more of Lee and less of Rose who doesn't provide anything....

Craw hasn't "gotten it" under coach Bill Cartwright, Scott Skiles, Lenny Wilkens, Herb Williams or Larry Brown... maybe it's the player & not the coach... just a thought.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/27/2006  4:08 PM
Posted by MS:
It starts and ends with the coach,
And who hired the coach? And the coach before that? And the coach before that? Maybe Herb wasnt Isiah's hiring, he was a left over. But the last 3 coaches under Isiah have been complete and total duds, and two of them had pretty good credentials. The last one was voted in the GM poll as the best coach in the NBA in almost every catagory.

It starts and ends with the players. Rick Carlisle, Larry Brow and Flip all have very different styles. Yet Ben Wallace plays hard for everyone one of them. Houston and Spree didnt quit on Chaney, after JVG walked out. They played hard and won some games. Kurt Thomas didnt quit when he was in trade rumors.

I dispute that Isiah upgraded the talent at this point. These guys all think they are good but they arent. They all freakin stink. They are like pitchers who all throw 95mph, but not a single one has the cojones to get outs. Its nice to have one or two and a good pitching coach to try and harness that energy. But we have a whole team of them and its no wonder we win games at the same pace as Tampa Bay.

Go D-Rays!

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
the 2005-06 season: How could something so right, go soooo wrong?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy