Al Harrington wants to come to NYK per ESPN INsider
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/27/2006  1:22 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Al Harrington Kenyon Martin????--I swear really not much in terms of fans knowledge of the game. Maybe Isiah is the right guy.

Right now the ONLY focus should be clearing out players who have turned this into a litter box. You don't throw money at bad money, and we've continued to do that.

Right now we need a mass cleansing, including Mr Isiah Thomas and Steve Mills. I'll let the new GM-President of Basketball operations evaluate and deal with Larry, because no matter what anyone says, LB has more credibility than anyone employed by the Knicks. Now I didnt think he was the right choice, and IF a new GM comes in and believes Larry is not the right person OR that they want Larry to play certain guys and he wont, then they can deal with that. But right now the hit-list should be

#1 Isiah
#2 Steve Mills
#3 Marbury
#4 Crawford
#5 Q-Rich
#6 Curry

these 6 cats must go--i outlined a plausible scenario in which they can all go--nothing will be perfect, but you must start by getting rid of the termites to assess and reclimate the damage.
We don't need to throw anything over this disaster, we need to clean it up.

Thank God we get to keep Big Game!

i said termites not leeches. The only way the BIG LEECH has a market is if he loses 40+ pounds. If he doesnt lose 40, he has 0 value.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/27/2006  1:24 PM
Posted by TMS:

you're not going to "cleanse" those players off your cap w/o taking on others w/question marks of their own... be realistic... the best thing to do is to try & form a better chemistry on this team... getting rid of the #1 source of team unrest is vital... get rid of Marbury... Craw is next... then go from there.

i disagree. i think we can trade names for no-names...kind of just like how we did it. marbury for eddies jones? where do i sign? curry has some value but we need to be cautious if we decide to move him.

earl watson?
reggie evans?

two no-names that this type of team needs. i don't care if it's them in particular or something like that but we need some dirty work guys.

5 david lee's are better than the sh t we have now.
BRIGGS
2/27/2006  1:29 PM
Posted by TMS:

you're not going to "cleanse" those players off your cap w/o taking on others w/question marks of their own... be realistic... the best thing to do is to try & form a better chemistry on this team... getting rid of the #1 source of team unrest is vital... get rid of Marbury... Craw is next... then go from there.

Oh I realize it, its going to be a multi-year process.

Here were my examples--and ill try to be reasonable

Marbury to Memphis for Eddie Jones and Damon S
money deal

Curry to GS for Biendrins Foyle and a future #1
GS gets rid of Foyle, we cut salary and pick up a solid 7 foot prospect and a future lottery protected #1 pick

Crawford to Clev for Eric Snow and a future #1 pick
another money deal cutting out the last two years on the contract + jamal should do much better with lebron

Q Richardson to Houston Stromile Swift to NJ Jeff Mcginiss to NY + a 2007 NJ+ Houston 2nd round picks

Then, we can start round 2 clean up.
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/27/2006  1:34 PM
Marbury for Eddie Jones & a pick i'd do in a heartbeat, but i don't see MEM doing it.

i'm not high on earl watson whatsoever... he's not the leader this team needs... give me brevin knight on a short term contract anyday over Watson... or Mike James, even at 31, because he's the type of player that i think this team needs.

i'm in agreement w/u about the idea of bringing in blue collar type players who know how to play the game in principle, but they have to be talented as well... the last thing we need is more overpaid role players who don't make an impact on the team.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
realhiphop
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #533
2/27/2006  1:38 PM
I agree with all of this. We need more substance and less style players. I didn't agree with Layden with regards to his moves, but I do agree with his principle of acquiring character guys. Guys with a desire to win, learn and improve. Enough acquiring team cast offs.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/27/2006  1:40 PM
No to Al Harrington. He's not a real SF or PF, doesn't rebound that well and he shoots a mediocre percentage for a big guy. He also isn't much of a defender. Not a fan of his game.
TMS
USA
2/27/2006  1:41 PM
Curry to GS for Biendrins Foyle and a future #1

personally, i'd hold out for more than that in exchange for Curry... Foyle's barely even better than JJ for that matter, why would you want 2 lazy overpaid scrubs like that on the roster? unless we're talking about a top 5 pick, i say no to that deal.
Crawford to Clev for Eric Snow and a future #1 pick

i'd do that too, but why would CLE when they already have Larry Hughes, who's a better all around version of Craw who actually plays defense?
Q Richardson to Houston Stromile Swift to NJ Jeff Mcginiss to NY + a 2007 NJ+ Houston 2nd round picks

i think Q Rich is a player we should hold onto... his shooting will come around, but he's playing defense & he's being aggressive, which is what LB wants out of his players... get rid of Marbury's presence & i guarantee Q Rich will play alot better.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
edsonline
Member: #735
2/27/2006  1:50 PM
I think watching a lot of bad baskteball is warping brains. Despite his flaws Harrington would help this team and the NYK should try to get him.
mrbean259
Member: #853
2/27/2006  2:59 PM
you think we could make a run at mike james with the MLE this summer? i dont know really how much the guy would be worth to a team and i know the MLEs pretty much the best we can offer someone without a sign and trade. but then again we need to rid ourselves of this ridiculous amount of guards before going after another guard
ultknicks524
Member: #889
2/27/2006  3:33 PM
Eno (Jersey City): What if Isaiah is actually accumulating pieces to get Al Harrington? It seems to me that Al could help - he's a good rebounding and assisting SF/PF, and the Hawks need a PG. That said, would the Hawks want one of the Knicks PGs?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (3:33 PM ET ) Is Al Harrington the type of player you really need to go through all this trouble for? They're gonna take on all these salaries and get all these players who don't fit together just so they can make a move and MAYBE get the second-best player on one of the league's worst teams? Hey, were you secretly participating in the Bad GM summit Simmons held last week?

-- John Hollinger
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/27/2006  3:37 PM
Al has looked great the few times I've seen him this year. However, we tend to overrate players from other teams because when they play the Knicks, they look like superstars. The problem is, they only look that good because the Knicks are that bad.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/27/2006  3:46 PM
Posted by mrbean259:

you think we could make a run at mike james with the MLE this summer? i dont know really how much the guy would be worth to a team and i know the MLEs pretty much the best we can offer someone without a sign and trade. but then again we need to rid ourselves of this ridiculous amount of guards before going after another guard

no, no, I think it could work:

PG: Marbury, Francis, Crawford, James, Nate, Jalen, Qrich
SG: Francis, Crawford, Marbury, Nate, James, Qrich, Jalen
SF: QRich, Jalen, Francis, Marbury, James, Nate, Crawford
PF: Malik
C: Jerome James

perrrrrrfect.
¿ △ ?
TMS
USA
2/27/2006  3:47 PM
he's putting up 18 pts, 7 rebounds & 3 assists this year... that's not just against the Knicks... you all were ecstatic when Tim Thomas was giving us 15 & 5 for half a season during his 1st season in NY, & he was making alot more than Harrington will be making... i don't get all the negative comments about this guy... he's a good, young player who we'd be lucky to have.

[Edited by - TMS on 02-27-2006 3:47 PM]
BRIGGS
2/27/2006  6:08 PM
we don't need al harrington, we need to get rid of our crp and regroup. its taken us 5 years 2 bad GM's and hundreds of millions of dollars to get into this disaster, we have to start the rpocess of getting out of it. unless we can acquire a top 5 player, its more important we build a team using francis frye and lee as the core group--everything else can go

there is to many instances that suggest marbury is a horrible teammate and that is a chemistry killer, on top of it hes going on 30 and he has way more mileage than francis.

we need that frikin high draft pick and got forbid its another high one next year.
RIP Crushalot😞
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
2/27/2006  6:16 PM
harrington isnt coming here....all free agents list New York as a destination to get interest and money high....
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
2/27/2006  6:41 PM
ya seriously enough bull****.

harrington is the SF version of Crawford
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
TMS
USA
2/27/2006  6:45 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

harrington is the SF version of Crawford

only difference being Harrington actually knows how to play the game, rebounds & is alot more consistent... other than that, they're exactly alike in that they're both young.
Al Harrington wants to come to NYK per ESPN INsider

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy