[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade Eddy Curry.....
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
2/27/2006  9:16 AM
Eddy really is one of the dumbest players in the entire league and I just don't see him getting any better, sure he has his moments and he finishes around the basket, but the guy always:

Disapears when it matters.....

Can't Operate on Tough Defenders....

Can't rebound the basketball, doesn't know how to help on defense, has slow feet and doesn't seem to care half the time as he should be average close to 3 blocks a game....

Picks up at least two offensive fouls a game

And does not like or respect the game and has only been in shape 1 out of the five season he plays......

Frye is someone the Knicks should not be looking to deal ever, let him play center he has already added weight to his frame and is working to get better defensively and has shown improvement rebounding the ball, he is a little to slow to match up with power fowards I would be perfectly fine with him at the center position.....

If we can package Curry for pieces that will help us win in the long run I think its worth it...
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
2/27/2006  9:37 AM
I gurantee you we end up with the #1 pick this year and it gets shipped to Chi-Town. Think Zeke wants to admit it was a mistake to trade that chip away so soon?
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/27/2006  9:38 AM
I wonder if Atlanta would do a sign and trade of Curry for Al Harrington this summer? they both have similar defensive issues, but Harrington rebounds as much or more than Curry and is a better scorer and can stay on the court.

Atlanta needs a big man, Curry makes sense for them. The only reason for us not to do this trade is because we gave up so much for Curry. But it's clear Curry is not the kind of defensive center Brown wants and Curry's presence in the NYK offense has led to ridiculous turnovers and the team seems to go out of any flow when he's in the post.

Curry for Al straight up. It's time to think about building a real team. Draft Shelden Williams, Josh Boone or Hilton Armstrong to start next to Frye and you have Frye, the draft pick, Lee and Butler with a smattering of Jerome James if he ever gets healthy to lock down the paint. Sign a true PG with the MLE. Trade Crawford for an expiring contract, or a short contract. Do the same with Marbury.

Francis PG MLE
QRich, Nate
Harrington, QRich, Jalen
Frye, Lee
Boone, Butler, Jerome James
¿ △ ?
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
2/27/2006  9:47 AM
Like everyone on this team, his value is at an all-time low. He hasn't improved one bit in the rebounding, defense, conditioning, IQ department. At this point, what is he worth. Averages 10mm annual salary over 5 more seasons. And is a health risk.

Sure, some size starved team may be willing to gamble, but will you like what you get in return? Older, overpaid guys, no or maybe a mid-low 1st rounder (lottery protected, of course)

Curry for who? Some ideas:

Curry for Dalembert
Curry for Boozer
Curry/Mailk for Gooden/Big Z

Thoughts?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/27/2006  9:49 AM
MS, I hear ya about Eddy, but I think it's the wrong time to trade him. His value can't be too high now, and it would be a knee-jerk reaction on our part.

I'll offer something else, though, and in my view this is an indictment of Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas both.

During our 6-game win streak (yes, I'm bringing THAT up again!) we averaged 115 as a team and Eddy averaged 17 points and 8 rebounds. We moved the f'g ball, we ran when we could, we took advantage of the rookies' energy and young legs, we worked to Eddy's strengths and he responded.

Isiah should be putting heat on Larry to go back to what worked when he "gave up." Zeke's a tough guy, but he's letting himself get played by Larry. He should be chippying back to the press about how we all saw the team that he brought us deliver when Larry played the right combo, etc. There are ways of returning the spotlight and pressure onto Larry if you do it deftly without blowing everything up.

But Zeke doesn't have that particular skill set. And he REALLY blew it with the Jalen/Franis moves. He deserves his ass bounced immediately for those 2 moves.

Oh, wait a minute - this is an Eddy Curry thread. Sorry. My point being, play this squad right and Eddy will be right.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
2/27/2006  9:56 AM
Well obviously the rest of the season will play out before another move is made, however there are some good points in this thread. The most obvious being that trade values on this roster are at an all time low. You dont sell when the chips are down. You have to believe that things will get better.

My prediction is this:
Once Francis gets acclimated to the team especially with Marbury out of the picture - we will begin to see some changes. If Steph really is the cancer former teamates/coaches say he is - then maybe trading for Francis wasnt such a bad idea. Think about it they are getting an upgrade in leadership, a little bit more talent, and a guy who is in a position similar to the one Steph was in when he came here. As far as i'm concerned Steph seems to be damaged goods. If it didnt happen to him before he became a Knick - the Chaney, Wilkins, and now Brown debacles have pretty much cemented it.

I see Steph getting moved after the season.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/27/2006  10:07 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

I wonder if Atlanta would do a sign and trade of Curry for Al Harrington this summer? they both have similar defensive issues, but Harrington rebounds as much or more than Curry and is a better scorer and can stay on the court.

Atlanta needs a big man, Curry makes sense for them. The only reason for us not to do this trade is because we gave up so much for Curry. But it's clear Curry is not the kind of defensive center Brown wants and Curry's presence in the NYK offense has led to ridiculous turnovers and the team seems to go out of any flow when he's in the post.

Curry for Al straight up. It's time to think about building a real team. Draft Shelden Williams, Josh Boone or Hilton Armstrong to start next to Frye and you have Frye, the draft pick, Lee and Butler with a smattering of Jerome James if he ever gets healthy to lock down the paint. Sign a true PG with the MLE. Trade Crawford for an expiring contract, or a short contract. Do the same with Marbury.

Francis PG MLE
QRich, Nate
Harrington, QRich, Jalen
Frye, Lee
Boone, Butler, Jerome James

Interesting trade. I still want to see how Curry comes back after the summer and after a full training camp. But if he doesn't show the desire to get better during the time off and/or stay in shape, he would be gone.

Too bad ALT doesn't have a draft pick for another 10 years. Hey if they took Curry/Craw for a resigned Harrington, I would think about that a lot. Especially if we knew Marbury was on the market too.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

2/27/2006  10:11 AM
Now everyone is down on Curry? He took three shots against Wash. Since mabury has been injured, know one is penetrating and getting him an easy shots. Everytime he gets the ball, hes surrounded by 2-3 defenders because know one on this team can shoot.

He's 23 yrs old. Working with Aguirre over the summer will only help. Getting a backcourt that understands, proper passing angles, how to penetrate draw defenders and dish will help Curry alot.

Look at how many open dunks Wade and Williams get for shaq justoff penetration. We are second to last, I believe, in the NBA in team assist. This means we're standing outside, pounding the ball going one-on-one. Now we add Francis, another guy who likes to pound the ball on the perimeter.

The backcourt we have are shoot-first players. We need a perimeter tha understands how to pass and understand a need to feed the big-man. I swear, Curry looked 2x's better last yr playing with Skiles and Hnrich.

If Isiah plans on keeping Marbury and Francis together, then maybe we should try to move Curry. Even Shaq said, in order for Howard to develop, Francis has to moved. The backcourt we have is a horrible match for a big man who needs the ball.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
MS
Member: #724
2/27/2006  10:23 AM
I wouldn't trade him this year, but I would like to target Lamar Odom over the summer and see if we can possibly package Marbury and Lee for Odom, which may be a possibility if we play Lee a little, Odom is the perfect compliment and doesn't need to be all that involved in the offense, and could play the four and a little three next too Frye.....

I would look into moving Crawford for Antonio Daniels to improve our defense a little if its possible.....

Possibly shop Curry to Atlanta with Nate for their pick in the draft and Harrinton.....

If this is even possible, then I would target Boone, Shelden Williams, Armstrong, Foye, Gansey and Marcus Williams

Atlanta really needs fans in the seats:

Nate
Johnson
Childress
Marvin Williams
Curry

There is a little fan appeal and Atlanta is stupid enough to do the deal.......

And perhaps we could start improving in the right direction

Francis/Daniels
Richardson/Mike Gansey
Harrinton/Woods
Odom/Hilton Armstong
Frye/Shedlon Williams

Maybe thats giving away to many assets and we just want to stick it out with Eddy if we can get Lamar, but the above lineup would be one of the best rebounding teams in league history
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/27/2006  10:26 AM
we need to bring in a frontcourt defender, either at the PF or C spot. we need someone that's going to be a monster rebounder, automatic 10 boards a night. and we need a guy that can play defense. shotblocking would be nice but not 100% essential. and this guy must be a starter. with that said, we CAN keep both frye and curry but one will have to come off the bench b/c they are very far away in that department. is it possible to get one of those type of guys WITHOUT giving up frye or curry? i don't know. so it may have to be a choice of frye or curry. i would like to keep both but realistically, we have to move one to accomplish our defensive frontcourt need. if that's the case, then i choose to keep frye.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
2/27/2006  10:38 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

we need to bring in a frontcourt defender, either at the PF or C spot. we need someone that's going to be a monster rebounder, automatic 10 boards a night. and we need a guy that can play defense. shotblocking would be nice but not 100% essential. and this guy must be a starter. with that said, we CAN keep both frye and curry but one will have to come off the bench b/c they are very far away in that department. is it possible to get one of those type of guys WITHOUT giving up frye or curry? i don't know. so it may have to be a choice of frye or curry. i would like to keep both but realistically, we have to move one to accomplish our defensive frontcourt need. if that's the case, then i choose to keep frye.

fully agree. with a defensive 4/5 currys and fryes value should rise since their D wont look so inept. but what defensive 4/5s are available and can we get? i dont want ratliff but he seems like the most realistic option.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
2/27/2006  11:23 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

I gurantee you we end up with the #1 pick this year and it gets shipped to Chi-Town. Think Zeke wants to admit it was a mistake to trade that chip away so soon?

You guarantee the Knicks will get the #1 pick this year even though the NBA draft is a decided by a lottery drawing?

If someone else on this message board guaranteed that the Knicks will turn it around and win 45-50 games next year, what would you say to that?

None of us are in any position to guarantee anything, unless you are the cat who secretly selects the ping pong balls for the draft lotto this year.
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/27/2006  11:25 AM
Posted by PresIke:
Posted by OasisBU:

You guarantee the Knicks will get the #1 pick this year even though the NBA draft is a decided by a lottery drawing?

If someone else on this message board guaranteed that the Knicks will turn it around and win 45-50 games next year, what would you say to that?

None of us are in any position to guarantee anything, unless you are the cat who secretly selects the ping pong balls for the draft lotto this year.

Speaking of that did you know that there is still an active faction of conspiracy buffs who are stuck on the infamous "bent corner" envelope in the Ewing draft and think Stern gave him to us?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/27/2006  1:26 PM
why does everyone keep acting like the Lakers want either Francis or Marbury? Phil Jackson traditionally likes big defensive PGs who distribute, not PGs who need a lot of shots. Kobe handles the perimeter scoring, if anything, Jax wants a PG who can camp at the three point line and knock down the open shot.

A more realistic trade is dumping Jalen on them next deadline for Odom so the Lakers can clear cap room for Yao in 07. But the only trade the Lakers are going to make with Odom is for KG this summer or for a slightly lesser, but still all-star level big man. otherwise, they're going to hold onto him.
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/27/2006  1:27 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

why does everyone keep acting like the Lakers want either Francis or Marbury? Phil Jackson traditionally likes big defensive PGs who distribute, not PGs who need a lot of shots. Kobe handles the perimeter scoring, if anything, Jax wants a PG who can camp at the three point line and knock down the open shot.

A more realistic trade is dumping Jalen on them next deadline for Odom so the Lakers can clear cap room for Yao in 07. But the only trade the Lakers are going to make with Odom is for KG this summer or for a slightly lesser, but still all-star level big man. otherwise, they're going to hold onto him.

yao is re-signed. but jalen to the lakers would work. in fact, i bet you they do this EARLY this summer and then parlay the jalen expiring into kg at the deadline.
Trade Eddy Curry.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy