[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Was Francis Tanking It Or Declining?
Author Thread
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
2/27/2006  8:31 AM
Question for the board, do you think Francis was tanking it in Orlando and will pick it up here or do you think he doesnt have much game left even though he isnt that old?

The reason I ask is I am wondering if this guy is going to pick it up in NY and start to play or if he is just going to stink it up until the off season and get shipped out.

Either way I dont think he and Marbury should be on the court together - the backcourt is too small with streaky shooting, a lack of defense, and no leadership.

Does it get better? Do we just have to give it time? Or is this team just a bunch of mistakes thrown together that will continue to implode? I guess these are the questions we all have.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/27/2006  8:34 AM
Terrible terrible acquisition. Nails the coffin on Isiah's panicked and failed tenure here.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
2/27/2006  8:42 AM
But was it really that bad? I mean he didnt cost a thing - you are telling me Penny was worth something to us and Ariza too? Sure maybe he could have grabbed a player who would have helped more - but when you get a chance to grab a player like that for basically nothing - shouldnt you take it?

Maybe Zeke didnt want to miss out on Vince Carter pt 2 - unfortunately it doesnt look like it will pan out that way - however it has only been 2 games.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/27/2006  8:46 AM
tanking. but he's a sulking loser and he's never going to help turn a franchise around. horribe trade.
¿ △ ?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/27/2006  8:49 AM
Oasis, I have 3 big problems with the move:

1. Francis is a great individual talent who doesn't mesh well with his teammates. Ball hog, shoot-first PG, doesn't play the game with team-first instincts, big sulking baby when he doesn't get his way. Sound familiar when it comes to these Knicks?

2. Our payroll is obscene, a joke. And regardless of "whose money" it is, have you noticed the types of players we keep adding to this bloated mess? The Jalen Roses, Steve Francises, guys who are massively overpaid and unwanted.

3. Stevie is exactliy the wrong chemisty piece for a team that is begging for inside toughness, wing defense and outside sharpshooting.
Was Francis Tanking It Or Declining?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy