[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

For Those of you that are bashing Zeke and backing Brown, answer me one question.........
Author Thread
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

2/26/2006  10:08 PM
Why is that Pat Riley claims that our cupboard is full (of talent) and can't understand why we are not winning more?

Please don't waste anyones time trying to bash Riley who has five rings playing a showtime style, then comes to NY and Miami and puts together multiple winning seasons playing a grind-it-out-style (Wow, a coach who can actually adjust to his players. Who ever heard of such a thing?) Brown couldn't hold the Bllz in Rileys whistle.

I understand Brown took Philly to the championship series, but there were no Michael Jordans in the league.

[Edited by - bigbeast on 02-26-2006 10:23 PM]
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/26/2006  10:21 PM
I know you read it big beast...but this link pretty much sums it up...

http://ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=14831

Those that refuse to blame brown just don't want to open their eyes to basketball.

before he inherited the 50 win team he had won just as much as every current knick (with the exception of Isiah)..oh, Malik Rose won as well. But hey, his resume doesn't count, only the vaunted Larry brown...Hippocrits...the entire lot of you.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 02-26-2006 10:23 PM]
all kool aid all the time.
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/26/2006  10:22 PM
Larry Sucks, herb could do a better job.

[Edited by - slimpack on 02-26-2006 10:24 PM]
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/27/2006  12:19 AM
90% of knick fans will be in denial of what riley had to say about the talent on this team.

the same 90% think because zeke gave up all those draft picks while going capsized is reason why
knicks performance is terrible

the real spin is larry lame having knick fans believe this team has poor bball iq

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/27/2006  12:22 AM
this team has horrible bball IQ and even less heart. another problem is a lot of them like Craw, QRich, Curry, Marbury, Francis all think they are better than they are. I don't think that's even debatable at this point.
¿ △ ?
MattSuspect
Member: #932
2/27/2006  12:24 AM
Larry Brown refuses to adjust to this team, and does not want to do his job as a coach. He wants to install a system. He doesn't want to coach.
OldFan
Member: #446
2/27/2006  5:56 AM
Posted by bigbeast:

Why is that Pat Riley claims that our cupboard is full (of talent) and can't understand why we are not winning more?

Please don't waste anyones time trying to bash Riley who has five rings playing a showtime style, then comes to NY and Miami and puts together multiple winning seasons playing a grind-it-out-style (Wow, a coach who can actually adjust to his players. Who ever heard of such a thing?) Brown couldn't hold the Bllz in Rileys whistle.

I understand Brown took Philly to the championship series, but there were no Michael Jordans in the league.

Why do you listen to Pat Riley and ignore all the GMS, Ex-Players and other coaches that are saying that the roster is a total mismatch of talent? Why do you ignore the fact that this is a team of players with either no experience or experience that puts into question there ability to win? Why do you ignore the fact that the team has no players with any history of playing good defense? Why do you ignore pat Riley's huge ego? IF you think I'm answering a question with a question. I'll make it easy:

1) Pat Riley is guy. There are coaches, gms, analysts and ex-players all over the league questioning the make up of the team.

2) IT has paid no attention to bringing in players who can play D except James - a questionable choice to say the least - and Rose a player of limited ability at this point. Brown hasn't been successful turning them into defenders but with these vets and a bunch of guys who have little or no experience in the league - it's a pretty tough job.

3) Do you think maybe Riley is just a little bit competitive and likes sticking it too other elite coaches when he gets the chance? Riley also said this after we got Francis and I think we can assume he was including Marbs amonst the talent. Being that Francis has played 2 games and has had 0 practices and Marbs is playing at 70% we haven't even seen Brown coach this "full cupboard" of talent.

PS - Riley may adjust to his players but he always insists they play GOOD defense and always gets players on his team that can play good defense. Everyone is constantly focused on how the Knicks play offense. But their big problem is DEFENSE. I don't care if they run the ball every time they touch it - they'll still be terrible until they can play defense. Does Brown get some of the blame for the bad D - absolutely. But in a little more then a 1/2 a season with this Roster it's a near impossible job.
OngBok
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #894
Thailand
2/27/2006  7:19 AM
Put the Suns coaching system in our and we have a top 5 record in the league !!!
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/27/2006  7:54 AM
Looks to me like Mo T, Marbury, Francis, Rose, Crawford, Curry and Q are doing exactly what they have been doing for most of their careers. Losing at a high pace. Lets see. We have assembled a group of cast of overpaid career losers. The result? A lot of losses. My god a shocker!!!!

I guess coaching is overrated after all.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/27/2006  8:06 AM
Posted by OngBok:

Put the Suns coaching system in our and we have a top 5 record in the league !!!

The Suns players play defense which starts the run and gun, the Knicks come nowhwere close.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
bigbeast
Member: #1060

2/27/2006  10:01 AM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by bigbeast:

Why do you listen to Pat Riley and ignore all the GMS, Ex-Players and other coaches that are saying that the roster is a total mismatch of talent? Why do you ignore the fact that this is a team of players with either no experience or experience that puts into question there ability to win? Why do you ignore the fact that the team has no players with any history of playing good defense? Why do you ignore pat Riley's huge ego? IF you think I'm answering a question with a question. I'll make it easy:

1) Pat Riley is guy. There are coaches, gms, analysts and ex-players all over the league questioning the make up of the team.

2) IT has paid no attention to bringing in players who can play D except James - a questionable choice to say the least - and Rose a player of limited ability at this point. Brown hasn't been successful turning them into defenders but with these vets and a bunch of guys who have little or no experience in the league - it's a pretty tough job.

3) Do you think maybe Riley is just a little bit competitive and likes sticking it too other elite coaches when he gets the chance? Riley also said this after we got Francis and I think we can assume he was including Marbs amonst the talent. Being that Francis has played 2 games and has had 0 practices and Marbs is playing at 70% we haven't even seen Brown coach this "full cupboard" of talent.

PS - Riley may adjust to his players but he always insists they play GOOD defense and always gets players on his team that can play good defense. Everyone is constantly focused on how the Knicks play offense. But their big problem is DEFENSE. I don't care if they run the ball every time they touch it - they'll still be terrible until they can play defense. Does Brown get some of the blame for the bad D - absolutely. But in a little more then a 1/2 a season with this Roster it's a near impossible job.

"Why do we ignore other GMS, and players who say this team is a mismatch?"

Let me ask you this, WHY DO YOU IGNORE BROWN CONTANTLY SAYING HE NEEDS TO DO A BETTER JOB OF COACHING THIS TEAM?!
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/27/2006  10:55 AM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by bigbeast:

why do you ignore the statements Riley and Jeff Van Gundy made about this team and the amazing talent they have?

why do you continue to listen to Sports Writers that have never played the game...
why do you continue to listen to Antonio Davis (the only player that has come out public about this team)....
why do you continue to listen to sports "analysts" (sp) like T.Legler, G.Anthony, etc...who have never won anything at this level?

and what GM and coaches are you talking about? I hope you not refering to "sources" that the sports writer always quote....
For Those of you that are bashing Zeke and backing Brown, answer me one question.........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy