[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I think change will happen at the garden
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/10/2002  9:13 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Briggs, you've made me a believer in Swift.

The Knicks need a shotblocking center, and if Swift is the guy then I'm all for him.
i believe in swift too, but who can we give up for him!?

not harrington, we got him from the grizz, for about 3 first rounders!

what about spoon? I'd trade spoon for him. spoon can be the vet leader that the grizz need.
AUTOADVERT
nwny
Member: #284
8/12/2002  4:19 AM
Originally posted by BRIGGS:

I suspect you work for CVC in the MSG unit.
Ahh, No. Just a fan who doesn't spend time dreaming about things that will never happen. Cablevision, and even ITT (the former owners of MSG), never made it a secret about the financial structure of the Knicks and MSG. Based on this why spend time dreaming about a Knick youth movement, when the people making the decisions about whether to have said youth movement have said 'it ain't gonna happen'. You have spent a considerable amount of time concocting fantasy trades that are never going to happen.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/12/2002  11:09 AM
Well I'm glad that they have a financial strucuture that makes them happy. I'm sure the next few 30 win seasons with no playoff births and aging vets with increasing salaries will also tickle their bellies. With the team we have it is a longshot to get the 8th seed with a 100mm dollar payroll. Is that their definition of success? Just to make matters worse imagine the absolute realistic scenario that we end up with 30 wins again. We can't make any moves with our hands tied to the salary cap with expensive aging vets and MSG patrons start giving up their season tickets in bunches.

Their best bet is to sell MSG and make a deal with the buyer to keep the content on their cable systems. God knows they need the money desperately. They can still get a pretty penny for MSG --perhaps a billion and half with the right moves.
RIP Crushalot😞
nwny
8/12/2002  1:13 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Their best bet is to sell MSG and make a deal with the buyer to keep the content on their cable systems.
The first sensible thing you've said.
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/12/2002  4:39 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Well I'm glad that they have a financial strucuture that makes them happy. I'm sure the next few 30 win seasons with no playoff births and aging vets with increasing salaries will also tickle their bellies. With the team we have it is a longshot to get the 8th seed with a 100mm dollar payroll. Is that their definition of success? Just to make matters worse imagine the absolute realistic scenario that we end up with 30 wins again. We can't make any moves with our hands tied to the salary cap with expensive aging vets and MSG patrons start giving up their season tickets in bunches.

Their best bet is to sell MSG and make a deal with the buyer to keep the content on their cable systems. God knows they need the money desperately. They can still get a pretty penny for MSG --perhaps a billion and half with the right moves.
if we do well this year, everyone is going to say last year was a fluke. if we do poorly this year... lets just say we're going to be more exposed than allen iverson's wife, when he threw her out the house in the buck.
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
8/13/2002  8:25 AM
There is something that needs to be factored in this discussion, and that is the changing make-up of the NBA, East and West. Right now, the West has been able to get the players and put together the teams.
With Shaq as the dominant force and Kobe the most talented player in the league, the Lakers have enough to continue for several years.

To Management - Put out of your mind a championship and build. Even fans will appreciate the effort.
The Old Man of UK...
Dan1078
Member: #283
8/13/2002  10:47 AM
That's crap UKDad. You're being a wimp. Im sick of all of this talk, hearing that the Lakers are unbeatable. You think that the NBA especially the Knicks should just lay down and die for the next 5 years? Thats why the Lakers are so god damn arrogant. People think that they're invincible.

The Lakers are beatable.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
8/13/2002  12:43 PM
Posted by Dan1078:

That's crap UKDad. You're being a wimp. Im sick of all of this talk, hearing that the Lakers are unbeatable. You think that the NBA especially the Knicks should just lay down and die for the next 5 years? Thats why the Lakers are so god damn arrogant. People think that they're invincible.

The Lakers are beatable.

Yeah, and I will have fun watching the Kings whip their butts next spring, and the Knicks as much as I love them, still wont be able to compete with the western elite.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Dan1078
Member: #283
8/13/2002  12:48 PM
We'll see about that, sucka.
BRIGGS
8/13/2002  1:47 PM
Dan hi I was wondering what teams from the West you believe the Knicks could beat in a 5 game series.
RIP Crushalot😞
nwny
8/13/2002  4:07 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Dan hi I was wondering what teams from the West you believe the Knicks could beat in a 5 game series.
Memphis
Denver
Houston
Phoenix
Golden State
and if we add a starting center and point guard this offseason I would have to add Utah that list.

[Edited by - nwny on 08/13/2002 16:09:32]
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/13/2002  5:15 PM
Posted by nwny:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Memphis
Denver
Houston
Phoenix
Golden State
and if we add a starting center and point guard this offseason I would have to add Utah that list.

Are we still looking for a starting center, what is going on here I thought Doleac even though he is a backup is going to start for the Knicks.
OasisBU
USA
8/13/2002  7:05 PM
Posted by nwny:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Memphis
Denver
Houston
Phoenix
Golden State

Those are hardly the Wester Elite teams...what about Sac, Lakers, San Antonio, Dallas, Minnesota (even though they scrub it up in the 1st round they would still beat us) at least according to last seasons rosters. Blazers too. These teams you have listed all suck in comparison to the ones we would actually have to play if we got to the finals.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/13/2002  7:33 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume nwny was being sarcastic.
#Knickstaps
BRIGGS
8/13/2002  7:57 PM
I will give you Denver and Golden State. But let's be real Pheonix is a MUCH better team than the Knicks they have way more talent-- it's not a comparison-especially considering Penny is coming back as well. We could never handle their frontline we have no player who could ever stop Shawn Marion Marbury Googs and that goes for Houston as well. Number 1 we wont have anyone to match up with yao Ming we dont have matches for Steve Francis or Cutino Mobley and there getting back Mo taylorto go along with eddie griffin kenny thomas and may end up with rashard lewis! Memphis still might be close Pau gasol is better than any knick --they have a lot of talent on their frontline a much better point and a shooter who shoots the ball better than Allan.

I think in the NBA we are better than Denver perhaps Golden state washington cleveland and borderline with a few other clubs. Posted by nwny:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Memphis
Denver
Houston
Phoenix
Golden State

[/quote]
RIP Crushalot😞
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
8/13/2002  8:14 PM
I hate 'paper games'...I firmly believe in the whole 'size of the fight in the dog' philosophy. (See first playoff series vs Toronto, see 1999 playoff run)...Chaney has to remind these guys about winning, plain and simple. Let's see 'em on the court, and we'll find out soon enough who the NYK can handle in a series. If they find their defense again, I believe they can handle a lot of teams in a series (where homework pays off, and you get chances to learn from mistakes, and so on....)

my 2 cents...
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
BRIGGS
8/14/2002  1:38 PM
Chaney is a clear cut fall guy. He knows it himself. I would've favored the coach the Golden State Warriors just plunked down--I don't think in anyway that Thibadeaou wil be anything like a Gundy.

But coaching may be the least of the Knickerbocker problems. The Knicks are relying on some kind of absurd notion that they have the formula for success. Spend more$$ than anyone else and get into the playoffs to make Cablevision $$$. The only reason why that worked for 15 years was that the Knicks had great management and coaching and a guy named Patrick. Now they don't have 1 remaining link to that period of time. They have p*ss poor talent evaluators and negotiators. The company that owns the Knicks actually needs to sell the Knicks in their best interests. A CEO who knows nothing about sports has begun to become more involved. Imagine if you put A CEO of a software firm into position to make lead decsisions in a hospital!
But I cant kill Dolan--he may have given orders to trade ewing this that or the other thing but ultimately he has paid a great deal of money to NBA personell who are in charge of evaluating talent and putting the best team together. Last year was the first taste of this management's brutal decision making. when you take that much money and throw it at very marginal talent in a very unorthodox type way you will feel the consequences of the actions for years not a year.
The best and only move the Knicks couldve made was going to the draft talent pool with such a high pick. The Knicks do not have the option of the free agent market anymore--so if you eliminate drafting players--you are unable to get into the top tier free agent market--how the hll do you expect to improve? They have to many players making to much $$$$$$$ to talent level and the economics of the NBA have changed--so it will be next to impossible to make trading moces that will help this club. And just think about this in 2 years when Sprewell is 34 and Mcdyess's contract is up--we will STILL be over the cap! Darn well should've picked Amare. The combination of Camby thomas and Amare wouldve produced just as many Ws as a team with no camby and a player who is coming off major knee surgery. Look how long it took Mo vaughnhtis year to find his stride. Look at football players it takes time after the mending period to get your complete ryhthm back. Mcdyess is a nice player and under certain circumstances I would have cheered the move--but this is clealry not the case. It's a fantasy to think the Knicks will make the playoffs and Im wondering well I know what NY fans will do if the team is 13-30 they will not come to MSG.
RIP Crushalot😞
OasisBU
USA
8/14/2002  2:01 PM
I for one am exited to see the new big three go to work. Sure we have no legit C and our PGs arent exactly flashy - meanwhile we have a lameduck coach. But the new big 3 is pretty damn exciting if you ask me. All they need is a few other pieces and the team should be set. Unfortunately it takes time for those things to happen and that is something the Knicks have run out of.
I think change will happen at the garden

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy