[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Just found a tape of the NYK's 6th straight win over Atlanta ...
Author Thread
edsonline
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #735
2/26/2006  9:38 PM
LB's lineup of Marbs, Nate, Lee, AD, and Curry was kicking @$$ during that stretch. Craw, Q-Rich, Frye, and Mo off the bench was d@mn good too. Plus that's just like "The List" of what LB wants in a team that he gave to Isiah - guards that can handle the ball, one small forward who can play shooting guard, one small forward that can play power forward, and four big guys.

If Isiah trades for K-Mart (nobody else wanted him) and Al Harrington (NY Times was saying no other team would offer him as much money, so he'll definitely want to come home and be with Zeke again) that would give NYK a starting lineup of Marbs, Francis, Harrington, K-Mart, and Curry - more talented version of the winning streak lineup. Sign Claxton with the MLE - then Speedy, Crawford, Richardson, and Frye (at 4 and 5) will be the main bench guys with James getting a few minutes to clog the lane/block shots and let the other bigs take a breather. Nate, Woods, Lee, Malik, and Butler can rotate between the two extra spots and the inactive list.

Jalen for K-Mart and Greg Buckner works under the cap, then NYK could just waive Buckner. Denver can use the saved money on Nene and Carmelo Anthony. Taylor and the picks for Harrington gets Al his huge contract and gives Hawks an expiring contract to deal or for cap space next summer, and the two picks replace the ones lost in the Joe Johnson trade.
AUTOADVERT
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
2/26/2006  9:43 PM
I love how fans thinking players like Al Harrington are gonna be so friziggin awesome in NY.

He's a good player that can score and rebound and not much else.

Yayy?
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

2/26/2006  9:47 PM
Doubt ATl trades Harrington for Taylor and picks. They'll ask for Frye and or Lee.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
FrenchKnicks
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #147
France
2/26/2006  9:48 PM
I agree with Bobs, we've got plenty of guys who can score and shoot the ball, but we need players who play great OFF the ball and have great character... I'd say stop looking for fantasy players
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/26/2006  10:04 PM
guys, larry had lebron, melo, wade and Duncan and couldn't win in the olypics...the game has passed him by.
all kool aid all the time.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/26/2006  10:07 PM
its moronic, how many balls do we play with? the concept of these ideas is crazy

i would dump as many of these guys sans frye and Lee as I could, dump as much salary as I could and see if I could stock pile some picks.

this is not baseball you cant have so-called 20 point scorers at every position basketball is a team sport made up of complexities and intanagibles

we offered eddy curry and jamal the most money how has that worked out--so we won 6 games in a row whoopdee do, every team has a winning streak.

wow man we got k mart and al harrington were the sht
RIP Crushalot😞
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/26/2006  11:00 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

its moronic, how many balls do we play with? the concept of these ideas is crazy

i would dump as many of these guys sans frye and Lee as I could, dump as much salary as I could and see if I could stock pile some picks.

this is not baseball you cant have so-called 20 point scorers at every position basketball is a team sport made up of complexities and intanagibles

we offered eddy curry and jamal the most money how has that worked out--so we won 6 games in a row whoopdee do, every team has a winning streak.

wow man we got k mart and al harrington were the sht

Briggs- you should lighten up- both k mart and harrignton will be max max players with knee problems- just the talent we're looking for.

This all stems from when Isiah was left off the Dream Team- so he's creating a All Nightmare team- a hodge podge of overpaid, injured maxed out players at every position.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/26/2006  11:01 PM
I agree with franco.
all kool aid all the time.
edsonline
Member: #735
2/27/2006  12:10 AM
Yeah, why get really good players that will be available and would fit in? Whate sense does that make? I'm sure there's nothing to all of the talk about Harrington coming to NY. I'm sure there was nothing to the NYK trying to get K-Mart before the trading deadline either.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/27/2006  12:15 AM
Harrington is a restricted free agent. the only way ATL trades him and takes on money is if they get help - a PG or a big man.

The reason that Marbs, Nate, Lee, AD, Curry lineup worked is there were two scorers (Marbury, Curry) and three guys who played well off the ball and didn't need the ball to be effective and who played DEFENSE. Also, Marbury was healthy and playing some of the best ball of his life.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/27/2006  12:17 AM
Posted by edsonline:

Yeah, why get really good players that will be available and would fit in? Whate sense does that make? I'm sure there's nothing to all of the talk about Harrington coming to NY. I'm sure there was nothing to the NYK trying to get K-Mart before the trading deadline either.

if Kmart is healthy, he's not a bad guy to chase. of course, Kiki is likely leaving Denver, so it will depend a lot on whether their new GM wants to dump his contract.

there's almost no way we get Al Harrington, and really, how does he fit here other than the fact that he needs the ball to be effective?
¿ △ ?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/27/2006  12:28 AM
unbelievably there will still be a chance to nab KMart next year with Rose's contract. Give KMart a year to prove himself, or maybe the summer plus.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/27/2006  12:44 AM
if you think larry cares about stcokpile picks, think again. larry wants more vets, not draft picks.

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
subzero0
Member: #410
2/27/2006  1:41 AM
That 6 game stretch was great. Ever since teams switched to zone on us we have to now pray for wins. Unbelievable.
Just found a tape of the NYK's 6th straight win over Atlanta ...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy