[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

It's a free country and fans can chant Fire Isiah All they Want, But....
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
2/26/2006  7:15 PM
... if New Yorkers are truly the most knowledgeable fans on the planet...

... and there are people who can think beyond just calling for someone's head...

... and you are a forward-thinking and truly Knicks basketball Jedi material...

the ultimate question remains:

(until I can think of a better one)

Who are YOU prepared to offer as the best solution to fill the vacated position as President of Basketball Operations ?

1. Please offer more than throwing out simply a name to see if it sticks

2. Please state why he (or she) is the best person qualified to meet the Knicks criteria

3. and how long they would receive to meet your stated expectations

You know who you are - you are on the clock...

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/26/2006  7:17 PM
A retarded 4 yearold can run the team better.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
FrenchKnicks
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #147
France
2/26/2006  7:17 PM
We could try LB at that position, to see if he can do a better job there as well, or maybe offer the job to Kikki since Colangelo is already going to the Raptors?
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
2/26/2006  7:19 PM
Oakley.

1. Aint nobody gonna mess with Oak.

2. Somebody try to mess with Oak, he sho nuff gonna rip yo head off and take a Jerome down yo neck.

3. Oak will physically destroy the first guy to miss a defensive assignment.

4. Oak will stare at opposing GM's until they wilt like wildflowers and give him what he wants.

5. Aint nobody gonna mess with Oak.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/26/2006  7:35 PM
>> A retarded 4 yearold can run the team better.

Simrud - well done

You sir, have not only confirmed my suspicions. You have just proven my theory that most anti-Isiah ranting is as vacuous as presumed...

... and equivalent to howling at the moon

nice job
once a knick always a knick
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/26/2006  9:10 PM
Posted by misterearl:

>> A retarded 4 yearold can run the team better.

Simrud - well done

You sir, have not only confirmed my suspicions. You have just proven my theory that most anti-Isiah ranting is as vacuous as presumed...

... and equivalent to howling at the moon

nice job

we're going to be 15-45 after the next five blowout losses. we have no lottery pick, all of our "talented assets" are killing their value, the players hate the coach. what are you looking at that makes you think Isiah is doing a good job? who could do better? are you kidding me? a better question is who could do worse.
¿ △ ?
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/26/2006  9:20 PM
I will go on record that I would give isiah until next year (offseason and draft) and see what he can do to move talent to acquire players that fit lb's system. If next season we aren't getting results then its time to make a move. If you have a different opinion, fine I don't want to debate thats my opinion. The only person at this point that I think is a no brainer is Kiki.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/26/2006  9:22 PM
The sad part is that we've have gotton ourselves so deep, that it's going to take someone REEEEAL witty and gutsy to get us out. We can still obviously improve from within', but in what ways? And who do we trade and who do we build around? We were building around Marbury first, then Frye and Curry and now Francis and Marbury? We haven't gotton anywhere.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/26/2006  9:34 PM
maybe lb has been looking for the GM position all along...he did try out for the Cleveland GM position then lied about interviewing for it.

He's a stand up guy...but interesting how we are suddenly the worst team in the league and we have MORE talent than last year's bunch.

Stop fooling yourselves, the devil has been doing it for years.
all kool aid all the time.
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/26/2006  9:50 PM
Posted by misterearl:

... and there are people who can think beyond just calling for someone's head...

Who are YOU prepared to offer as the best solution to fill the vacated position as President of Basketball Operations ?

2. Please state why he (or she) is the best person qualified to meet the Knicks criteria

I think gregg anthony could do a good job, I know this may sound kind of crazy, but the reason I say this is becuase one time , I remember he mentioned how most of the knick's problems come from the fact that Isiah thomas has not had a concrete plan, and that the knicks wont be able to truely progress as a franchise if Isiah doesnt put an end to the cycle of bad contracts he has going, also another thing that sort of impressed me about him is that when the steve francis trade was made, he didnt jump on the bash the steve francis trade bandwagon that was going on at the time among nba writers and analysts, he simply said that it's a pretty good trade for the knicks becuase the get talent for basically nothing, but that the trade doesnt make sense. I think he has been pretty astute in his assessments and that is why I'd be willing to give him 2 or 3 seasons to see what he can do. although It isnt really about a specific amount of time that I would give, becuase it depends largely on how well he does, if he does I terrible job than I would want him fired after only 1 and a half or 2 seasons, if he does an okay job, than I would be willing to wait 4 or 5 seasons, and so forth and so on.

SlimPack
USA
2/26/2006  9:53 PM
Posted by misterearl:

oh and another thing, knicks fans arent the most knowledgeable fans. I dont mean that as an insult at anybody in particular but from what I have observed they just arent.

[Edited by - slimpack on 02-26-2006 9:54 PM]
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
2/26/2006  9:54 PM
donny loch ness nelson
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
TymeLessKnicks
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1050
Sweden
2/26/2006  9:56 PM
have some patience fellas...rock bottom is still a ways to go. but after that it should be smooth sailing to success!!

[Edited by - TymeLessKnicks on 02-26-2006 9:56 PM]
Had enough Melo?
bigbeast
Member: #1060

2/26/2006  9:58 PM
I've been thinking the same thing about Anthony for a while. Greg Anthony is someone who I think can and will be a good young GM sooner rather than later.

I really respect his opinion more than anyone else on ESPN. Only problem with greg is he doesn't have any experience. If Isiah doesn't fix this come October (yes, I'm willing to give him to the summer to see his plan through) the next hire will be huge. I doubt Mills can gamble on Anthony who has no experience
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
SlimPack
USA
2/26/2006  10:02 PM
Posted by BigRedDog:

I will go on record that I would give isiah until next year (offseason and draft) and see what he can do to move talent to acquire players that fit lb's system. If next season we aren't getting results then its time to make a move. If you have a different opinion, fine I don't want to debate thats my opinion. The only person at this point that I think is a no brainer is Kiki.

is kiki vandewiegh really that good? I havent really been that impressed with his moves, but at the same time I havent really been paying attention. but If he understands that the knicks need to truely rebuild and will develop a plan and follow through on it, and will give salary cap flexibility it's proper priority(I know it isnt a gauranteed method for success but at the same time I think it is something that teams should place a certain amount of priority on unlike Isiah). and will be honest with the fans, than thats all Im really looking for in a Gm at this point.
TymeLessKnicks
Sweden
2/26/2006  10:03 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

I've been thinking the same thing about Anthony for a while. Greg Anthony is someone who I think can and will be a good young GM sooner rather than later.

I really respect his opinion more than anyone else on ESPN. Only problem with greg is he doesn't have any experience. If Isiah doesn't fix this come October (yes, I'm willing to give him to the summer to see his plan through) the next hire will be huge. I doubt Mills can gamble on Anthony who has no experience

u guys would give gregg anthony our gm job? some people have no clue
Had enough Melo?
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/26/2006  10:03 PM
explain the olympic debacle when larry brown couldn't win with Lebron, Melo, Wade and duncan.

OH...you can't, should the olympic committee be fired as well?
all kool aid all the time.
Travla
Member: #723
USA
2/26/2006  10:04 PM
If you guys believe that Isiah wanted to bring in LB, you're not thinking straight. Owners and management tell Isiah what to do and there are times when they won't listen to him, they brought in a high profile coach to sell seasons tickets and generate more intrest. They didn't even think that he wasn't the right coach for this team. The players hate LB's coaching style, That's LB's fault (and the players too) for not going with what he's got and letting the players play. This team has talent and they haven't been able to display that talent because LB wants to control everything......I guess I am saying that I don't blame Isiah for the way the team is playing, that's up to the coach and coaching staff.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
SlimPack
USA
2/26/2006  10:05 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

that brings me to a question, Im incredibly fed up with how this franchise looks right now, but even still I am not opposed to waiting until next season to axe Isiah, but the thing is, his contract ends this season, is it possible to resign him to a 1 year contract?
TymeLessKnicks
Sweden
2/26/2006  10:06 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

explain the olympic debacle when larry brown couldn't win with Lebron, Melo, Wade and duncan.

OH...you can't, should the olympic committee be fired as well?

i know larry brown was the head coach of the team but dont u for 1 second think that gregg popovich was not taking on any coaching responsibility. so like i said in another thread when do the players get the full blame?
Had enough Melo?
It's a free country and fans can chant Fire Isiah All they Want, But....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy