[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

TKF's Shakeup!!
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/26/2006  4:55 PM
I got up this morning and finished watching the knicks game.. Yea I did this before breakfast to spare my stomach. I have come to this conclusion about this team now,and who should be playing.

PG: Francis.... Let marbury rest the remainder of the season, his shoulder is shot and he is not 100%, francis is bigger and from what I have seen a more creative passer. Lets see if francis can inject this team with some of his energy, forget seeing if he and marbs can play together, we know what marbs brings to the table, lets see if francis can help lead this team.

SG: Jalen rose...... He can really bring the ball up court and initate the offense and then play off the ball for shots, he plays with fire, and a chip on his shoulder, he still has a lot of gas in the tank and he is only on the hook with the knicks for one more year.

SF: Q rich... I know you guys hate that, but he is a high IQ player, he will defend and rebound, I say the lesser of the evils here , on this team..

PF: Frye... No need to explore anything else, run the offense through frye, this year is all about developing frye, lee and butler, and nate, post frye, run the pick and roll, but run the offense through him. He is smart enough and skilled enough to do that, commit this team to him.. NOW!!

Center: Butler... yes start butler, and listen before you guys go nuts. I watched butler, good hands, great touch, he is not the athlete curry is, but so what, he is every bit the player curry is, if not more, Butler is smart, active, moves his feet on both ends, he challenges shots, blocks shots, will rebound, and is very alert, watch butler work on the offensive end, he never stands still, that helps the flow of the offense, I say commit to butler for now, make curry beat him for the spot, clearly beat him, I mean this will only make curry and butler better. But honestly, I think butler can get 10/6/2 without even trying hard, but the key is, butler is a smarter and more active player, and right now the best fit with a uptempo offense.

Then we need to have a second unti of Lee, who should be the first guy off the bench, let him get some time at SF with frye and butler in the game, let them run, lee can board and defend, he can finish and he is active, this is a no brainer, again, it is all about the kids.

Craw, nate and Q woods should round out the second unit with curry, let these guys earn their time, that should give us two strong units by next year.

I know people don't like my curry Idea, because of what we gave up to get him, but look at this. The pick this year is a done deal, live with it, we did obtain another pick (denvers) so come draft day we do have two first rounders, so we can fill some needs there.

As far as the swap next year, we have full control over that, simply because we can control how we play. If we play well, and finish ahead of chicago, the swap becomes a non issue, this is within our control.

I think it is about time for LB to take this route, I think we will have a young, fresh, athletic squad on the floor, that can run and move without the ball, and lets see if someone emerges as a leader in this group...

let it ride..
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/26/2006  4:57 PM
Sounds good. Curry has not earned the starting spot. Marbury needs to rest until he's healthy enough to not re-injure the shoulder. If that means the rest of the season, then so be it. The last thing we want is a really serious injury that affects his play (and trade value) into next season
nykbasketball
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #862
USA
2/26/2006  6:39 PM
completely agree, butler at C would benefit both curry and butler
What's Defense?
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

2/26/2006  11:34 PM
No argument from me. Excellent analysis!
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
2/26/2006  11:46 PM
Posted by tkf:

run the offense through frye

I am 110% percent behind this. Feature Frye. Pick and roll... Let curry get all of his points on drive and dishes like Sweetney used to and for the love of god play zone.
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/26/2006  11:47 PM
Posted by tkf:

I got up this morning and finished watching the knicks game.. Yea I did this before breakfast to spare my stomach. I have come to this conclusion about this team now,and who should be playing.

PG: Francis.... Let marbury rest the remainder of the season, his shoulder is shot and he is not 100%, francis is bigger and from what I have seen a more creative passer. Lets see if francis can inject this team with some of his energy, forget seeing if he and marbs can play together, we know what marbs brings to the table, lets see if francis can help lead this team.

SG: Jalen rose...... He can really bring the ball up court and initate the offense and then play off the ball for shots, he plays with fire, and a chip on his shoulder, he still has a lot of gas in the tank and he is only on the hook with the knicks for one more year.

SF: Q rich... I know you guys hate that, but he is a high IQ player, he will defend and rebound, I say the lesser of the evils here , on this team..

PF: Frye... No need to explore anything else, run the offense through frye, this year is all about developing frye, lee and butler, and nate, post frye, run the pick and roll, but run the offense through him. He is smart enough and skilled enough to do that, commit this team to him.. NOW!!

Center: Butler... yes start butler, and listen before you guys go nuts. I watched butler, good hands, great touch, he is not the athlete curry is, but so what, he is every bit the player curry is, if not more, Butler is smart, active, moves his feet on both ends, he challenges shots, blocks shots, will rebound, and is very alert, watch butler work on the offensive end, he never stands still, that helps the flow of the offense, I say commit to butler for now, make curry beat him for the spot, clearly beat him, I mean this will only make curry and butler better. But honestly, I think butler can get 10/6/2 without even trying hard, but the key is, butler is a smarter and more active player, and right now the best fit with a uptempo offense.

Then we need to have a second unti of Lee, who should be the first guy off the bench, let him get some time at SF with frye and butler in the game, let them run, lee can board and defend, he can finish and he is active, this is a no brainer, again, it is all about the kids.

Craw, nate and Q woods should round out the second unit with curry, let these guys earn their time, that should give us two strong units by next year.

I know people don't like my curry Idea, because of what we gave up to get him, but look at this. The pick this year is a done deal, live with it, we did obtain another pick (denvers) so come draft day we do have two first rounders, so we can fill some needs there.

As far as the swap next year, we have full control over that, simply because we can control how we play. If we play well, and finish ahead of chicago, the swap becomes a non issue, this is within our control.

I think it is about time for LB to take this route, I think we will have a young, fresh, athletic squad on the floor, that can run and move without the ball, and lets see if someone emerges as a leader in this group...

let it ride..

that's a very logical plan, in fact it's too logical, and thats why LB would never do it.
HanginOn
Member: #1091

2/27/2006  12:01 AM
I agree with everything except for QRich. He is playing good defense and is rebounding well but he needs to realize that his shot is just not falling this season. He needs to concentrate on being a Bruce Bowen type player and concentrate on his defense and only take a few shots a game. He's had too many 2-10 games this season.
If NYK can't win with the veterans why not play the rookies?
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/27/2006  5:13 AM
Butler starting at center would be a great idea in my opinion we have to see what this Kid can do, maybe he can be a better fit next to Frye than Curry....

Be careful though......last time I was talking about starting Butler over Curry, I was told I don't understand the game.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2006  9:19 AM
Butler is not ready for prime time. Eddy needs the minutes. Eddy needs to be pushed.
realhiphop
Member: #533
2/27/2006  9:21 AM
Great analysis!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/27/2006  9:59 AM
I like it. Let Curry feast on the 2nd unit.
tkf
2/27/2006  10:52 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Butler is not ready for prime time. Eddy needs the minutes. Eddy needs to be pushed.
probably not nalod, but we don't have to feature Butler, but the key is butler can get some points without hogging the ball,and he can rebound and block some shots. curry needs minutes, he also needs some motivation, a brain, some desire, he needs a lot of things, we need wins. I say wins superceed curry's needs right now.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/27/2006  11:00 AM
Posted by Nalod:

I agree

plus if the KNicks show the NBA how well the kid can play, we can lose him next season.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/27/2006  11:16 AM
Guys, I've been calling for a while to give Jackie Blue some minutes at the 4. Why not try it? We need a thick bruiser at that position, especially next to Eddy.
Bonn1997
USA
2/27/2006  11:26 AM
Posted by Marv:

Guys, I've been calling for a while to give Jackie Blue some minutes at the 4. Why not try it? We need a thick bruiser at that position, especially next to Eddy.
Don't take Frye out of the starting lineup! He deserves to be rewarded for playing hard and well.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/27/2006  11:28 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Marv:

Don't take Frye out of the starting lineup! He deserves to be rewarded for playing hard and well.

That's cool. But what about bringing Jackie in off the bench for some minutes at the 4? He could be a load to handle there.
Bonn1997
USA
2/27/2006  11:30 AM
Yeah, serious minutes off the bench at the 4 would be fine for Jackie. I wouldn't mind shaking things up and starting him at the 5, though. He's our best shot-blocker probably and I think in fewer minutes off the bench Curry might start playing like every minute was scarce.
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
2/27/2006  12:05 PM
This plan has my vote as well. Let Steph rest - we need to avoid the mistakes we've made in the past, pushing injured players unnecessarily- all for useless wins in a lost season. Allan would agree, I'm sure
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
2/27/2006  3:01 PM
I like everything except Q Rich starting at the 3.

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
tkf
2/27/2006  3:11 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

I like everything except Q Rich starting at the 3.

yea, that is why I said the lesser of the evils, we can just as substitute Q woods there also...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TKF's Shakeup!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy