[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Brown Trying to get himself fired?
Author Thread
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
2/26/2006  11:27 AM
He has 4 years 40 million left

If he burns bridges with isiah and dolan he cant paint them out to be as inept as dumars and davidson (pistons owner)

He talks about how he has to coach better yet in the same breath disses or belittles the players on the team.

His ego is getting bigger and bigger in the ny spotlight where the ppl are siding with him instead of blaming alot of the teams deficient ways on him

He can leave ny take a break for a year and come back into the nba and coach a team he likes more than this current squad.

He's taken more wisecracks on all the players destroying their confidence and he's having guys play "the right way"....even if its for the teams better play in the future, our young guys are looking like deer in headlights, not being aggresive at all

Took the fight out of our team....we looked well when we won 6 in a row now we look like trash....our players dont trust him, they lost confidence in him as a coach and every loss we hear the same excuses yet he doesnt get ridiculed by enough people.

"I Need to coach better"
"I need to prepare them better"
"I have to get them ready"

Same ****,Different night

Last year when herb coach the players enjoyed playing under him, Nate RObinson said in a magazine interview that playing under brown is like going to boot camp...

im not shouldering all the blame on brown cause trust me i know players on this team arent that bright...but still with brown putting them down...it doesnt do anygood to their psyches either.

''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
AUTOADVERT
BigC
Member: #829
2/26/2006  11:41 AM
If anything, he wants a promotion to get his players. He wasn't looking to be the Cavs' GM for no reason.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
2/26/2006  12:03 PM
Posted by BigC:

If anything, he wants a promotion to get his players. He wasn't looking to be the Cavs' GM for no reason.

he is getting players...starting with jalen and francis so far.

'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
2/26/2006  12:12 PM
My favorite:

"Maybe I'm going to have to do a better job and get more control," Brown said.
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/26/2006  12:13 PM

No no no, He's trying to get Isiah fired...I promise you...Sit back and watch.....
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/26/2006  12:30 PM
Who else can he get?

The Knicks have Curry who in my opinion will be better next year once he can get into better shape and get his timing back. Frye will be in his second year and I belive he will be alot better. Then there is Rose, Q-Rich, Craw.....and Woods who I think will emerge next year out of training camp. So what do the Knicks do to improve?

Brown is the culprit.....Isiah went out and got the talent.....why can't this team win? Answer is with the system and that starts and ends with Larry Brown. How many players do the Knicks have to get in order for Larry to settle into a decent rotation and place a plan to win that fits what he has? Are all the players in the league dumb?

Fire Brown.......Isiah is doing his job. Isiah probably regrets going after Brown. He should have signed Bill Laimbeer or Flip Saunders......anyway......

Isiah and Brown need this off-season together and to me Brown should be given until December before he is fired. Firing Isiah is not the way to go. Isiah is actually getting the talent. Brown is the one not willing to make it work.

[Edited by - enyspree on 02-26-2006 12:31 PM]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/26/2006  12:51 PM
LB has got somethin goin on.. some sort of alterior motive cuz this just isnt right
NYKniCksFan87
2/26/2006  12:53 PM
yep...brown to too stubborn.....
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/26/2006  12:54 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Who else can he get?

The Knicks have Curry who in my opinion will be better next year once he can get into better shape and get his timing back. Frye will be in his second year and I belive he will be alot better. Then there is Rose, Q-Rich, Craw.....and Woods who I think will emerge next year out of training camp. So what do the Knicks do to improve?

Brown is the culprit.....Isiah went out and got the talent.....why can't this team win? Answer is with the system and that starts and ends with Larry Brown. How many players do the Knicks have to get in order for Larry to settle into a decent rotation and place a plan to win that fits what he has? Are all the players in the league dumb?

Fire Brown.......Isiah is doing his job. Isiah probably regrets going after Brown. He should have signed Bill Laimbeer or Flip Saunders......anyway......

Isiah and Brown need this off-season together and to me Brown should be given until December before he is fired. Firing Isiah is not the way to go. Isiah is actually getting the talent. Brown is the one not willing to make it work.

I am just amazed that most of the posters here is not seeing this....What else do you want him to do but get the talent with resources he has...He has done that...Now you want him to win as well...Well maybe he should coach the team as well if he is going to be judge for that...Lord knows he can't do a worst job than Brown is currently doing...

NYKniCksFan87
2/26/2006  12:59 PM
alterior motive without a doubt...browns been backstabbing since his ABA days
eymyel827
Member: #694
USA
2/26/2006  7:07 PM
rehire dave checketts!!!! amd ernie grunfeld!!! isiah do urself a favor and earn my respect...quit bitch!
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/26/2006  9:35 PM
he's trying to be GM.
all kool aid all the time.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/27/2006  1:19 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Who else can he get?

brown probably knows he cant get fired. if for some strange reason zeke fired brown, critics would have a field day on zeke.

does brown really want to coach this team or what

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Is Brown Trying to get himself fired?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy