[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Question to season ticket holders
Author Thread
Erniecat
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #851
2/26/2006  8:57 PM
Posted by mikesknicks:

ALL of you knick fans except maybe two or three on this board is what's wrong with New York sports. I love New York but hate the way we a represented by impatient know very little about sports fans. That all they want to do is fire someone and hire someone they think is better. the grass is always greener examples: L. Brown every-one loved this signing, now fire him. Curry every-one liked this trade, now trade him. crawford every-one loved this trade, now trade him. New york is the worst place to play sports to much fans like you people!

What does this mean? That no matter how poor a job someone does we should stick with him because we wanted him here in the first place?

I'm not saying I want Larry Brown fired. He's done a poor job so far, but I am more than willing to give him plenty of more time.

But according to your theory, no one ever deserves to be fired. Anyone working for any organization (not just sports) was brought in because the people doing the hiring believed they would be good for the organization. But sometimes these people who have been hired do not produce, and deserve to be fired. In retrosepct, it was a mistake to bring them in. But the organziation needs to cut its losses and sever ties, because that's just good business.

Same with fans. Just because fans support a move the team makes does not mean the fans must blindly support these players/coaches/GMs even if they are doing a poor job.

Most New Yorkers loved when Isiah was brought in (largely because Layden was his predecessor). But Isiah has done a lousy job, so now any wise NY fan knows that Isiah should go.

Again, I'm not saying fire Larry, or necessarily trade Curry or Crawford.

My point is more general: NY fans should not be criticized for demanding that the personnel brought in to help their teams produce, especially not at the prices we pay these personnel.

AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/27/2006  10:30 AM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

I've been a season ticket holder since 2002 and considering not to renew.. THis is probably the lowest point in Knicks basketball.

One person to blame!!! His name is Jim Dolan, owner of the Knicks.... SInce he took over the reigns from his DAd, things have gone downhill.

ALso, when former GM/PRes of the Knicks, Dave CHecketts resigned, you knew it would be all over for the basketball team.. As of now, that's the case..

Dolan is to blame because he didn't even look into Isiah thomas's track record..

Former g.m. of the raptors and got fired, owner of the CBA league which turned into a corrupted nightmare and most of all, got fired by lengendary larry bird from the pacers...

Shouldn't that be enough to indicate Assiah is horrible when it comes to mgmt?? Now us knick fans have to suffer and get embarrassed.
Dolan isn't fiancially responsible and no nothing about boosting up sports franchises..

he should just stick to his family friendly cablevision

Betcha once knicks, msg, rangers is off his hands, things will start to look positive.. as of now, it's pure HELL!

woodman, where exactly do you sit again?

i'm in section 404, row C, seats 1-3.

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/27/2006  11:23 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Im going to jump in as a former long-term ticket holder myself.

Do you honestly, at this point, with all of the cash that IT has spent, all the revolvong players and coaches we have seen, do you believe he should be fired? Do you think with the weight of your $ behind your tickets--he needs to be gone?

My answer YES, no doubt anymore.

i can tell u 1 thing... i won't be renewing my season ticket plan until i see that this team is a legitimate contender again.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
2/27/2006  9:46 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

I've been a season ticket holder since 2002 and considering not to renew.. THis is probably the lowest point in Knicks basketball.

One person to blame!!! His name is Jim Dolan, owner of the Knicks.... SInce he took over the reigns from his DAd, things have gone downhill.

ALso, when former GM/PRes of the Knicks, Dave CHecketts resigned, you knew it would be all over for the basketball team.. As of now, that's the case..

Dolan is to blame because he didn't even look into Isiah thomas's track record..

Former g.m. of the raptors and got fired, owner of the CBA league which turned into a corrupted nightmare and most of all, got fired by lengendary larry bird from the pacers...

Shouldn't that be enough to indicate Assiah is horrible when it comes to mgmt?? Now us knick fans have to suffer and get embarrassed.
Dolan isn't fiancially responsible and no nothing about boosting up sports franchises..

he should just stick to his family friendly cablevision

Betcha once knicks, msg, rangers is off his hands, things will start to look positive.. as of now, it's pure HELL!

woodman, where exactly do you sit again?

i'm in section 404, row C, seats 1-3.

hey what's up, Djsunyc

My seats are sec 313 row H, seats 5 and 6..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
TMS
USA
2/27/2006  9:53 PM
hey, i'm like right above you on the left (sec 422 row B, seats 5 & 6)
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
2/27/2006  10:18 PM
I used to be 311, Row E. Seat 7.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
2/27/2006  11:25 PM
Posted by TMS:

hey, i'm like right above you on the left (sec 422 row B, seats 5 & 6)

holy cow!!! Next game, i'll be looking for you....

The Future. GO KNICKS!
TMS
USA
2/28/2006  12:06 AM
my next game will be the Mon, 3/13 game vs. Denver.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/28/2006  9:57 AM
the rangers SUCKED for years and under Dolan and accumulated stars and everyone went crazy...now with Jagr and co. they are in first place...It's only year 2 of the project...as a season ticket holder, I'm glad i got them before they get better.

Ranger tix are now the broadway thing...the knicks will soon be there as well.

Don't fire anybody...it's only the first year of the LB experiment.

Rebuilding...isn't this what everyone asked for?

We'll be under the cap in 2 to 3 years. (if that is at all important)
all kool aid all the time.
Question to season ticket holders

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy