[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Question to season ticket holders
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/25/2006  10:23 PM
Im going to jump in as a former long-term ticket holder myself.

Do you honestly, at this point, with all of the cash that IT has spent, all the revolvong players and coaches we have seen, do you believe he should be fired? Do you think with the weight of your $ behind your tickets--he needs to be gone?

My answer YES, no doubt anymore.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
2/25/2006  10:24 PM
I have a question for people who go to games - any chance of a boycott to protest lousy basketball? For just one game?
https:// It's not so hard.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/25/2006  10:24 PM
the only thing louder than "Fire Isiah" chants would be the echoes of basketball in an empty Garden.
¿ △ ?
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
2/25/2006  10:26 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Do you honestly, at this point, with all of the cash that IT has spent, all the revolvong players and coaches we have seen, do you believe he should be fired? Do you think with the weight of your $ behind your tickets--he needs to be gone?

Since you want to ignore Dolan's impact on this issue WHILE talking about money let me ask you this. Who do you think could succeed as a GM under Dolan with his win now no matter what philosophy?

'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
crzymdups
USA
2/25/2006  10:30 PM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Since you want to ignore Dolan's impact on this issue WHILE talking about money let me ask you this. Who do you think could succeed as a GM under Dolan with his win now no matter what philosophy?

did Dolan mandate Francis over no moves? did Dolan mandate selling the future for Curry?

how does 15-40 with $125 million payroll and no lotto picks equal win now?

[Edited by - crzymdups on 02-25-2006 10:30 PM]
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/25/2006  10:32 PM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

A person who has a track record like a donnie nelson and says i want to get this under financial control and put a stategic turn aroudn plan in place. You have to accept that this cant be changed--it's a mes that started with Scott Layden and was compounded by Isiah, and now with no high draft picks, no cap room and unmovable contracts, its goingt o take some time to un-do--we are going to be financially responsible and only bring in players who really want to play this game, not collect a check.

RIP Crushalot😞
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

2/25/2006  10:32 PM

Rod Thorn or Jerry West. Both of them would tell Dolan to shut up and sit down and stop getting in the way of the adults.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/25/2006  10:34 PM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:
Posted by BRIGGS:

I think some GMs could make a team much more competitive under Dolan but I don't know about winning a championship. My doubts have grown dramatically.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/25/2006  10:35 PM
Posted by stanleybostitch:

Rod Thorn or Jerry West. Both of them would tell Dolan to shut up and sit down and stop getting in the way of the adults.

Those guys would *never* accept a job working under Dolan
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/25/2006  10:38 PM
i've been a full season ticketholder for 3 years now. i had mini plans in the 90's. i sit in the 400's and my $$$ probably pays for jerome's per diem. but as a season ticketholder i also consider myself a co-owner of the team.

the money the garden generates, in my humble opinion, has been misappropriated. i am not happy with the big $$$ players that have been traded for. do i like some of the talent on the team? yes i do. but this is more of a collection of individual talents, with many of the main players being me-first. this is not how a team is built. i wanted this team to be built on defense. that was my philosophy and seeing isiah not trade or draft one defensive player just confuses me more.

it's tough for me to see a plan. it's tough going to games and watching this team. i used to write those "LIVE from..." reports b/c i had fun going to the games and wanted to share that. but now, the excitement is gone. i sit there and just watch. literally, i don't get up and cheer. i don't clap. i don't get upset. i just sit there and watch with my friends. and this is a direct result of the product isiah has put on the floor.

i advocate his firing. again, i don't care if el debarge was running this team as long as there was a plan and we saw it executed for the betterment of the long term of the team. i want someone new in here to really ASSESS what's going on here, from the coach to the last guy on the roster and figure out what needs to be done. isiah has relationships with some of the players that's not healthy for a guy in his position.

at the end of the day, it's about winning. and if the team isn't winning, then it's building towards some sort of long term goal. the product on the floor needs to be a good one in the process (competative). i'm not seeing any of this, especially with all this kg talk.
crzymdups
USA
2/25/2006  10:39 PM
Is Dolan REALLY stupid enough to believe that fans would have less hope if we were actually rebuilding? Doesn't he see the way fans CLING to young players? Does he see Lebron James or Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh or Dwight Howard?

¿ △ ?
djsunyc
2/25/2006  10:48 PM
btw, in a twisted way, anuchagate may have saved his job a little longer.
djsunyc
2/25/2006  10:54 PM
briggs, post this question on realgm - there are more season ticketholders over there.
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
2/25/2006  10:56 PM
my whole point is that given how Dolan goes about his business those guys WOULD NOT TAKE A JOB HERE UNDER HIM. PERIOD!
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/25/2006  11:55 PM
season ticket holders should demand a refund.....not in ny
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Erniecat
Member: #851
2/26/2006  1:20 AM
I don't mean to criticize how others spend their money, because it's not my business. But I was a season-ticket holder for eight or nine years in the 1990s. I gave them up after the 1999-2000 season, just when I saw the tide a turning.

I kept the tickets for that long a period of time only because I always enjoyed going to the games, and also because I always knew I could sell off all -- and I mean ALL -- unused tickets, so I would never be "stuck." I had friends and relatives practically begging me to sell them to them.

But if it were any other way, I would never have held onto them. In other words, if I felt the team was not worth it or I could not get rid of unused tickets (and after the first couple of season, I'd only go to maybe 15-20 regular-season games a year, much fewer during the late '90s, plus all the playoffs).

So my point is: Doesn't anyone who now has season tickets sort of feel ripped off? I mean, when I gave them up, it wasn't that difficult a decision -- and the team was around one year removed from a visit to the NBA Finals!!! I can't imagine how the ticket holders feel today.

I can see why corporations keep their tickets. But I'm talking about the typical diehard fan who doesn't necessarily have a whole lot of money and sits up in the 400s (where I used to sit).

These are the fans who deserve better, and these are the ones who I feel sorry for, to an extent, because they can always give up the tickets if they choose.

I just think this team is a complete waste of time right now, and the real fans should not be enabling them, financially or otherwise.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/26/2006  8:15 AM
>>Since you want to ignore Dolan's impact on this issue WHILE talking about money let me ask you this. Who do you think could succeed as a GM under Dolan with his win now no matter what philosophy?

BJ - you will get few viable answers to your intelligent, and difficult, question

Jerry West?

Gimme a break

once a knick always a knick
mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
2/26/2006  9:18 AM
ALL of you knick fans except maybe two or three on this board is what's wrong with New York sports. I love New York but hate the way we a represented by impatient know very little about sports fans. That all they want to do is fire someone and hire someone they think is better. the grass is always greener examples: L. Brown every-one loved this signing, now fire him. Curry every-one liked this trade, now trade him. crawford every-one loved this trade, now trade him. New york is the worst place to play sports to much fans like you people!
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
2/26/2006  11:46 AM
Posted by mikesknicks:

ALL of you knick fans except maybe two or three on this board is what's wrong with New York sports. I love New York but hate the way we a represented by impatient know very little about sports fans. That all they want to do is fire someone and hire someone they think is better. the grass is always greener examples: L. Brown every-one loved this signing, now fire him. Curry every-one liked this trade, now trade him. crawford every-one loved this trade, now trade him. New york is the worst place to play sports to much fans like you people!

I made a post similar to this a while back, but I've moderated my opinion, and I've joined the know-nothings.

I think NY fans get kind of a bad rap. Sure, some want to fire LB, but others want to fire Isiah, and still more would like to see different ownership. I'd like to see a new and CONSISTENT philosophy myself. The bottom line is you can't lump all fans together. There are still many many fans who support Isiah, and others who support Brown. They may not be posting on this board today, but they're around.

I also think fans have a right to be upset. We gave Laydown a couple of years to show results, and we've given Isiah nearly three years, and in spite of high profile moves, we still have a team that sucks, and we won't even benefit with a high draft pick because he sent it to Chicago as part of the Curry deal.

Also, we have a reason to expect that a well-regarded coach like Larry Brown could be getting better results out of this team. Seriously, this team is badly mis-managed. This is New York City and we expect a minimum level of competence. Establish a direction, tell us you have a five year plan, or whatever, to field competitive team and change the Knicks losing culture.

[Edited by - BASKETBALLJONES on 02-26-2006 11:47]
https:// It's not so hard.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
2/26/2006  12:43 PM
I've been a season ticket holder since 2002 and considering not to renew.. THis is probably the lowest point in Knicks basketball.

One person to blame!!! His name is Jim Dolan, owner of the Knicks.... SInce he took over the reigns from his DAd, things have gone downhill.

ALso, when former GM/PRes of the Knicks, Dave CHecketts resigned, you knew it would be all over for the basketball team.. As of now, that's the case..

Dolan is to blame because he didn't even look into Isiah thomas's track record..

Former g.m. of the raptors and got fired, owner of the CBA league which turned into a corrupted nightmare and most of all, got fired by lengendary larry bird from the pacers...

Shouldn't that be enough to indicate Assiah is horrible when it comes to mgmt?? Now us knick fans have to suffer and get embarrassed.
Dolan isn't fiancially responsible and no nothing about boosting up sports franchises..

he should just stick to his family friendly cablevision

Betcha once knicks, msg, rangers is off his hands, things will start to look positive.. as of now, it's pure HELL!

[Edited by - woodmannyk on 02-26-2006 12:45 PM]
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Question to season ticket holders

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy