2/25/2006  2:36 PM
I hope the hell not.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
2/25/2006  2:37 PM
i really dont see why he wouldnt.. dolan & brown both support him... we'll see.
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/25/2006  2:39 PM

Two good drafts and has impoved the roster and coach....Brougt us a center and a point guard....The most difficult positions to fill in the NBA....In 2 years...How long did it take Layden.....He has never done that......
BigC
Member: #829
2/25/2006  2:40 PM
He has next season and that's it to shape things around!
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/25/2006  2:43 PM
hell no... if this team doesnt have a solid start next November he's fired at Christmas time
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
2/25/2006  2:44 PM
Posted by fishmike:

hell no... if this team doesnt have a solid start next November he's fired at Christmas time

you really think he would be fired within weeks of his contract running out?
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/25/2006  6:13 PM
fishmike - a Christmas firinkg of Isiah would be a perfect time to throw the Knicks into a state of turmoil

I hope you will be happy at the time it goes down
once a knick always a knick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/25/2006  6:29 PM
Of course he gets an extension.

He's the Messiah.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/25/2006  6:38 PM
Rememebr one of the greatest surreal moments in sports?

Layden announcing Chaney's extension - Chaney looking so uncomfortable he couldn't even look up at the camera. He knew he was an embarrassment and all positive words spoken were 100% bs.

Same deal if Zeke gets an extension. Except he'll be beaming and crowing.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/25/2006  6:40 PM
In Dolan's world, wrong is right.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
2/25/2006  9:59 PM
I can't see how Isiah gets extended - he's the laughing stock of the NBA. It's pretty much unanimous with every reporter that he's the biggest joke of a GM in the league - worse than layden. Just for his rep I say that it would be tough for an owner to extend him.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/25/2006  10:13 PM
calm down for a minute, i told you larry's first year is a wasted year....call it a tank season

no one could ever accuse larry and zeke on the tank....no one in their right mind

......excessive rotations

......franchise selection

......and you want this team to win ?

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/25/2006  10:31 PM
Posted by misterearl:

fishmike - a Christmas firinkg of Isiah would be a perfect time to throw the Knicks into a state of turmoil

I hope you will be happy at the time it goes down

is a state of turmoil worse than what we have now? I mean, what are you talking about?
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/25/2006  10:34 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Two good drafts and has impoved the roster and coach....Brougt us a center and a point guard....The most difficult positions to fill in the NBA....In 2 years...How long did it take Layden.....He has never done that......

Two good drafts? Ariza is gone. Center? Curry is a sad joke and has cost this franchise a shot at Greg Oden/Rudy Gay, whoever. Jerome James is the worst contract in the NBA. Marbury sells jerseys and tries hard, but he cost far too much. Or wait, is Francis the point guard? Or crapford? or lil'Nate?
¿ △ ?
FireIsiah
Member: #1029

2/26/2006  12:09 AM
When he goes in for an extension he will say "Curry is the franchise" give me 5 more years.
I want to leave something that's going to stand for a long timeI want to leave a legacy,I want to leave tradition.I want to leave an imprint,a blueprint in terms of how people play,and how they coach and how they respond when they put on the Knick uni.
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/26/2006  12:27 AM
I really hope he doesnt get an extension, that idiot dolan is just stupid enough to resign him, I think the crowd at MSG is going to have to pump up those fire isiah chants at the garden if they want him fired.
Erniecat
Member: #851
2/26/2006  1:00 AM
Posted by holfresh:

Here's the bottom line: The Knicks suck worse now than ever and seem to have zero direction. And they cost more now than ever. Isiah has done nothing but make this team one big joke. He is the punchline for the NBA. Why can't Knicks fans (not all of them, but a significant portion) look at our situation objectively. Do you really think everyone outside of NY who laughs at the Knicks is wrong? Don't you think there is something at least mildly perverse about spending a ridiculous amount of money (don't forget the luxury tax) for a team that wins 27 percent of its games, and is not even remotely entertaining in the process? Yeah, yeah, I know: Layden might have been just as bad. But that does not mean Isiah has done good.

Maybe Isiah actually gets his extension, but that would be only because as bad a job as he's done, he still works for the guy who ultimately deserves the blame: Dolan.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/26/2006  3:10 AM
He's done nothing to improve this team. We have a promising rookie and 2 superstar PGs who wont bring squat anytime soon. It's amazing how he took LayDumbs disaster and turned it into the aftermath of a category 5.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/26/2006  8:23 AM
Isiah certainly has tried to improve things.

Hey, you could make me CEO of a company and I could 'try' just as hard, but at the end of day, results matter.

Right now, we're going to be handing Chicago either the first or second pick in this years draft. I don't care how thin the talent is, that hurts.

And while Curry has shown flashes of being a star, most of the time I've been wondering how he is in the league still. Oliver Miller?

And for anyone saying Jerome James is the worst contract in the NBA? Just wait a bit- pretty soon that distinction will belong to Stevie Franchise and we will be stuck with his sorry deal for years...
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/26/2006  9:45 AM
I was a big Isiah supporter until a month ago. Now I want him gone.

Of his major moves, I was very high on the Marbury trade, Cawford trade, 2 #1's for Nazr, the original Vin Baker signing, the Q and Nate trade, all 4 draft picks, DerMarr Johnson signing. I was pretty good on the TT deal because I thought he'd run and finish with Marbs and that Nazr would give us much more action around the rim than Doleac.

I liked the Jackie Butler, Matt Barnes and the 6'5" Indiana defensive kid with the jams (forgot his name).

I was so-so with the Lenny signing until I saw him on the podium with Steph. Then I thought this was going to be a match made in heaven ( )

I didn't even care about the Mo Taylor deal. I was willing to roll with that and see what Isiah saw.

I hated the Curry deal because I hated Curry's play in Chicago. I really despised it, ridiculed it and loved the way Sweetney kided his ass and terrified him whenever they played.

But when Isiah made that move, I said okay, let's roll with it, I'll become an Eddy Curry fan now since he's on my team, and let's make this thing work.

The LB signing - I absolutely loved it. I was SO psyched going into this season.

Now with his Jalen Rose and Steve Francis moves, in concert with how this team is performing, and the fact that Isiah chose to roll ALL his dice on the Curry move, I've become convinced that Isiah is not going to get the job done here. I don't like Rose and Francis as players under ANY circumstances, never mind how disastrous of a move it is to further blow up our payroll situation, and further confuse the direction this franchise is supposedly heading in.

Now Dolan's certainly a chump, and you could say he's gotten himself in too deep with Isiah and endorsing his spending, etc., to fire him. I don't agree. Dolan can say - "I gave this guy carte blanch and an open check book, he did everything he could to try to make us a winner, it just hasn't panned out, and we feel the franchise needs to make a turn in another direction, blah blah blah."

You know he's going to sooner or later. Let's do it sooner.
Isiah's contract extension.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy