[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Eddy Curry...our problem
Author Thread
Bernard30
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #973
2/25/2006  2:30 PM
Okay guys, I've been fighting with my hoops friends ever since the trade deadline (and all season long for that matter) that the Knicks now have enought talent and potential to be a dangerous team the rest of the way and certainly next season. But after watching Eddy Curry bumble his way through another lifeless game, I have decided that he is still two years away from being the type of impact post player that we need, to take things to the next level. I've heard all about how he had almost no proper big man coaching coming into this season but after almost six months with Mark Aguirre, I don't see the progress. The man seems to have no clue what he's doing down there. His footwork is ghastly, he barrels into guys seemingly not knowing his own strength or size, he travels all over the place, he shows hardly any touch and we all know he's even worse when he's facing the basket. He also aften holds onto the ball for too long when he's double teamed causing entire plays to bog down. So, long story short, I believe that until Eddy Curry (I pray) turns into the bigman that we all think he has the potential to be, we are gonna continue to lose more games than we win. I'm an Isiah fan and appreciate most of the moves he made. I'm not even that upset that we are losing our top pick, since I still think EC has the ability to be a monster for us. I just think that we are two years away from him gaining his confidence, improving his skills and turning us into winners. Let's hope I'm wrong and he's a monster down the stretch and right into next year.
"It was good," Curry said. "I killed Malik, Jerome. The usual suspects. It felt good."
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/25/2006  2:42 PM
this is why I say offering Reggie Evans the full MLE and starting him next year should be our #1 priority. He's a tough rugged nasty player, I see him a Rodman/Oakley hybrid. He's on the verge of being one of the league's elite rebounders. He certainly doesnt need the ball to be effective and Evans/Frye/Curry/Lee is a very solid frontcourt to build around. Another guy I would like to add to that would be Kenny Thomas. These guys arent the most talented but they are terrific role players. Lee and Kenny T could also play some 3 at times when we go big or 4 when we are going more uptempo.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2006  3:17 PM
my guess is that Isiah is gonna try to draft one of the 2 big guys from UConn, even though we have Frye/Lee. Reggie Evans would be a nice fit, but those guys are even cheaper. With that being said, I have not seen any of the aforementioned.

My marker for Curry is at the beginning of this next year. If he comes into camp out of shape or injures himself for not being in good enough shape during camp, we may never see this guy perform up to potential. 8 months off for a bubbly-giggly stomached fella is too much time and we are only now seeing him injury free and not out of breath 2 minutes in.

And I want to see Frye gain about 15 pounds of muscle. I saw him either get moved off of the block or sealed with ease by Collins. That aint good.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
2/25/2006  3:21 PM
Curry is just a lazy, dumb, slow-witted player.

I mean really, honestly -- he probly has the basketball IQ of a 1st grader.

Watching Kaman last night, and Curry doesn't have HALF the intuition that he has......and it's not like Kaman is amazing or anything. He's just INVOLVED in every play.

Curry is just spacy -- he looks and acts like Notorious D.U.M.B.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
Posted by martin:

my guess is that Isiah is gonna try to draft one of the 2 big guys from UConn, even though we have Frye/Lee. Reggie Evans would be a nice fit, but those guys are even cheaper. With that being said, I have not seen any of the aforementioned.

My marker for Curry is at the beginning of this next year. If he comes into camp out of shape or injures himself for not being in good enough shape during camp, we may never see this guy perform up to potential. 8 months off for a bubbly-giggly stomached fella is too much time and we are only now seeing him injury free and not out of breath 2 minutes in.

And I want to see Frye gain about 15 pounds of muscle. I saw him either get moved off of the block or sealed with ease by Collins. That aint good.
I agree, but have you noticed the change in his physique already? He is cut up pretty nice right now, definitely more than when he arrived.

bobs3304
Oh, and btw --

that draft back in 2001 was SOOOOO bad.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Bernard30
2/25/2006  3:25 PM
I have no problem giving Curry until the beginning of next season to show me something. I do think his time off, followed by his calf injuries early in the year, certainly had an effect on his game and his stalled improvement. I also think that he wants to prove that he can be an elilte player. He just better show us he means it in the offseason. I would love for him and Frye to train together in Chicago with MJ's old trainer. Frye's gotta bulk up, Curry's gotta slim down and JJ has to staple his stomach.

As for Reggie Evans, I don't mind the guy, I just don't know if I can stomach another Seattle cast off getting our MLE. He is a big body, a great rebounder and an enforcer type. But David Lee can be a great rebounder too if he was given the chance to play. I'm just not so sure I trust him.
"It was good," Curry said. "I killed Malik, Jerome. The usual suspects. It felt good."
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/25/2006  3:33 PM
I'll go further than that. I wouldnt consider trading even a top 10 pick for Curry, because there is simply ATLEAST 10 better basketball players AT a MINIMUM in this draft. Are they 6-10 290? No, but, for example do they come with weight problems, skill set defecencies, focus, mental toughness IQ etc.. they plagues Curry now at 5 years in the league and 23 years old? Im watching Sheldon Williams right now, and there is JUST NO WAY Curry is a better player. Sheldon is in tip top shape, he runs the floor much better--not close-- hes a better rebounder shot blocker more offensive skills, better team player, plays hard plays with toughness plays with heart--could curry dunk on his head--of cousrse, but thats all he can do and he cant do it enough. We got hosed, NO WAY no how can giving up a pick for this guy can be justified, BELIVE me Im adding in everything here, i would NOT give the 3 pick in the draft straight up for Fat Curry. He is NOT our franchise, hes NOT even CLOSE to a franchise player, not in the same hemispeher--hes a glorified Jahidi White--thats what he is. I dont care if he has a 20 point game here or there, or whatvere he does--its his body of work---14 and 5 with no defense is FAR from a franchise player.

There is NO doubt about it, no no doubt in my mind that I would spend this summer looking for the best deal to get him out of here. I want guys who are in shape, who care, who will play hard. Id rather have Frye at 5 and Sheldan Williams at 4 then what we have now.
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2006  3:42 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I'll go further than that. I wouldnt consider trading even a top 10 pick for Curry, because there is simply ATLEAST 10 better basketball players AT a MINIMUM in this draft. Are they 6-10 290? No, but, for example do they come with weight problems, skill set defecencies, focus, mental toughness IQ etc.. they plagues Curry now at 5 years in the league and 23 years old? Im watching Sheldon Williams right now, and there is JUST NO WAY Curry is a better player. Sheldon is in tip top shape, he runs the floor much better--not close-- hes a better rebounder shot blocker more offensive skills, better team player, plays hard plays with toughness plays with heart--could curry dunk on his head--of cousrse, but thats all he can do and he cant do it enough. We got hosed, NO WAY no how can giving up a pick for this guy can be justified, BELIVE me Im adding in everything here, i would NOT give the 3 pick in the draft straight up for Fat Curry. He is NOT our franchise, hes NOT even CLOSE to a franchise player, not in the same hemispeher--hes a glorified Jahidi White--thats what he is. I dont care if he has a 20 point game here or there, or whatvere he does--its his body of work---14 and 5 with no defense is FAR from a franchise player.

There is NO doubt about it, no no doubt in my mind that I would spend this summer looking for the best deal to get him out of here. I want guys who are in shape, who care, who will play hard. Id rather have Frye at 5 and Sheldan Williams at 4 then what we have now.

I wouldn't be surprised if after next year IF Curry makes huge strides and increases his value outwardly that he was traded for the likes of a defender of Ben Wallace caliber (if there is such a thing out there).
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
bobs3304
2/25/2006  4:44 PM
Having a dynamic frontcourt would be nice.

2 guys that could play either position. Curry can't even play Center as it is. Frye can mix it up. We could use someone whose a solid rebounder and defender next to him.
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
2/25/2006  5:12 PM
What would you say Curry's trade value is right now, realistically? I have no idea what it would be. I think he's garbage - a big man without fire is a waste of everybody's time. But is there a perception in the league that he's a valuable asset?

Hypothetically, who could we get in return for him this summer?
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/25/2006  5:12 PM
Posted by Bernard30:

Okay guys, I've been fighting with my hoops friends ever since the trade deadline (and all season long for that matter) that the Knicks now have enought talent and potential to be a dangerous team the rest of the way and certainly next season. But after watching Eddy Curry bumble his way through another lifeless game, I have decided that he is still two years away from being the type of impact post player that we need, to take things to the next level. I've heard all about how he had almost no proper big man coaching coming into this season but after almost six months with Mark Aguirre, I don't see the progress. The man seems to have no clue what he's doing down there. His footwork is ghastly, he barrels into guys seemingly not knowing his own strength or size, he travels all over the place, he shows hardly any touch and we all know he's even worse when he's facing the basket. He also aften holds onto the ball for too long when he's double teamed causing entire plays to bog down. So, long story short, I believe that until Eddy Curry (I pray) turns into the bigman that we all think he has the potential to be, we are gonna continue to lose more games than we win. I'm an Isiah fan and appreciate most of the moves he made. I'm not even that upset that we are losing our top pick, since I still think EC has the ability to be a monster for us. I just think that we are two years away from him gaining his confidence, improving his skills and turning us into winners. Let's hope I'm wrong and he's a monster down the stretch and right into next year.

I agree with most of what you say, but theres not much that can be done about it now, trading curry now would be a mistake becuase there is a good chance that he will be a better player next season. but If he's still out of shape and injury prone, next season, then we've got a SERIOUS problem, and Isiah Thomas should be fired on the spot. and as far as the curry trade, yeah, it was a bad one for us, even if curry does improve next season, becuase we I think we just gave up too much for him.

[Edited by - slimpack on 02-25-2006 5:16 PM]
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/25/2006  5:13 PM
Posted by MaulingandAppalling:

Hypothetically, who could we get in return for him this summer?

not much, which is why it doesnt make sense to trade him this summer.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/25/2006  5:25 PM
I think Eddy's biggest problem is intelligence, or lack thereof, a quality that people often overlook in Shaq.

Bernard30
2/25/2006  5:44 PM
Hey Slim, I'm not saying to move him. I'm just saying I think he/we are two years away. Which sucks, for the NYK. Let's just hope he comes back ripped and ready next season.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/25/2006  6:26 PM
Posted by Bernard30:

Hey Slim, I'm not saying to move him. I'm just saying I think he/we are two years away. Which sucks, for the NYK. Let's just hope he comes back ripped and ready next season.

he is NOT a franchise player. Maybe this is why isiah should be gone--yes he has spent more money than any other GM in this history of basketball in 2.5 years--10 times what Layden spent not including Houston[who was checkettes idea] if isiah says this is a player that comes along every 20 years, then he doesnt know what he is doing. he is the guy that said you need a jamal crawford to win championships

scott laydumb was a figure head who was over ghis head in NY. Isiah thomas has just been a poor manager and hasnt evaluated talent very well--in general terms he has done a terrible job. From coaching hires to personell moves, the only thing she gotten right is Frye and Lee--and he has a spending advantage on every team.

But he has spent his money on the Mo Taylor's the Q-rich's Crawford Currys all over rated players who's team were happy to dump on us. Great we got Chicago's two best players--why is their record better than us? because the players are vastly over-rated.

we should be hiring colangelo, but what job would you rather have right now, toronto ot NY? Id take toronto.
RIP Crushalot😞
Eddy Curry...our problem

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy