[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah's flawed plan does have promise......
Author Thread
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

2/25/2006  12:31 PM
We can talk about blowing this teamup until we are blue in the face but its obvious that ain't happening. LB isn't the type of coach you rebuild with and with the recent transaction of Franchise, its obvious what the plan is now.

Accumulate enough tradeable assets to go after a big time player. Right or wrong that seems to be the direction. Isiah said numerous times that he is rebuilding in an unsual way. The traditional way, is to cut salary, get under the cap and try to get multiple picks. Most times that way doesn't work. Chicago has been rebuilding for about 10 yrs. They've started-over three times. Orlando will be under the cap this summer. Looks good, but who are they gonna sign in a weak FA field?

Isiahs way is risky, but it just might work. We never seen this way of rebuilding thats why everyone is scrathing their heads wondering whats going on. But, I say give Isiah this summer, at least and lets see how this team looks in october.

With LB here for about 3 more yrs, and 2 29 yr old pg's (one of them will here, I'm sure) Knicks mind as well go after KG. Why not?

If Isiah feels he can put together a team (for argument sake, lets say a lineup of Curry, KG, Odom, Marbury, ?) that he feels can compete for the eastern conference title, then I guess you have to do it. The bottom line is Championships. Not 8th seeds, and first round ousters.

That team gives us about a 3-4 yr window of getting a shot to win it all. You can argue all day if that team would be capable of winning a championship, but other than Detroit, who is really that good in the east? Nets are 8 games over 500. Shaq is on his way out, and Indy can no longer be considered a serious threat.

The way tis team looks now, there is no way it'll be competing for anything except an 8th seed. By the time Frye fully develops, Marb will be on the way out and we'll be starting over agin anyway.

I was always of the opinion that this team should have been blown up, and built around Frye and Curry but that isn't happening. So, if Isiah can put together a team through trades that can seriously compete with detroit for the next three yrs, I guess you have to give it a shot.

[Edited by - bigbeast on 02-25-2006 1:56 PM]
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
AUTOADVERT
bigbeast

2/25/2006  1:20 PM
In a normal rebuild, you sacrifice wins (and chemistry) while you await salaries to expire and develop young talent.

Isiah is sacrificing wins while he acquires tradeable assets that he can move this summer. Either way we would still be losing. So whats the difference?

Salary isn't an issue. He;s obviously trying to make major moves this summer to improve which is what you would do if we were to get under the cap in a normal rebuiding process. Again whats the difference?

[Edited by - bigbeast on 02-25-2006 1:54 PM]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2006  1:39 PM
agreed.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
2/25/2006  1:39 PM
Tradable assets for what? To get more of other teams castoffs?
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
bigbeast

2/25/2006  1:59 PM
If KG, Odom, J O'neal, Harrington are cast off's, then I'll gladly take them.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
2/25/2006  2:20 PM
What are these tradeable assets that you speak of? And why exactly do you think that they are enough to acquire any of those players that you mentioned?

If Isiah can't get any of those players then where is this franchise?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
JohnWallace44
Member: #910
USA
2/25/2006  3:04 PM
If we get Lebron or something then everyone will shut up.

I'll back Zeeke forever, but the flaw is that if you stockpile players with big salaries and they underpreform, then they appear overpaid and you're stuck with them.

Yet another reason why we need to push the ball... If we can score 110 a game all these players stats would be padded and it would not look like they have been complete busts.
Alan Hahn: Nate Robinson has been on a ridonkulous scoring tear lately (remember when he couldn't hit Jerome James with a Big Mac in early January?)
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/25/2006  6:38 PM
Talk to me when KG or JOneal are on our team.

As for Harrington, he blows. A tweener, and def a castoff. We just might max him out this summer. Hope you don't cream your pants when that happens.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/25/2006  6:40 PM
You don't rebuild without being able to use your high first round picks that you get for rebuilding.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/25/2006  6:41 PM
al harrington would be a bad fit for us. probably makes him a great candidate.

he is not a SF and will have the same problems guarding them as david lee, so we might as well trade frye then.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2006  7:22 PM
Posted by Rich:

You don't rebuild without being able to use your high first round picks that you get for rebuilding.

no, that's your definition of rebuilding. With Isiah he gave up with pick for Curry, who he said he would have drafted with the first pick IF he had it. So.... what's the difference?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/25/2006  8:17 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Rich:

no, that's your definition of rebuilding. With Isiah he gave up with pick for Curry, who he said he would have drafted with the first pick IF he had it. So.... what's the difference?

the difference is curry isnt all that good. If I had to guess I would say that the bull's pick from this draft will be better than curry.
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/25/2006  8:18 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

We can talk about blowing this teamup until we are blue in the face but its obvious that ain't happening. LB isn't the type of coach you rebuild with and with the recent transaction of Franchise, its obvious what the plan is now.

Accumulate enough tradeable assets to go after a big time player. Right or wrong that seems to be the direction. Isiah said numerous times that he is rebuilding in an unsual way. The traditional way, is to cut salary, get under the cap and try to get multiple picks. Most times that way doesn't work. Chicago has been rebuilding for about 10 yrs. They've started-over three times. Orlando will be under the cap this summer. Looks good, but who are they gonna sign in a weak FA field?

Isiahs way is risky, but it just might work. We never seen this way of rebuilding thats why everyone is scrathing their heads wondering whats going on. But, I say give Isiah this summer, at least and lets see how this team looks in october.

With LB here for about 3 more yrs, and 2 29 yr old pg's (one of them will here, I'm sure) Knicks mind as well go after KG. Why not?

If Isiah feels he can put together a team (for argument sake, lets say a lineup of Curry, KG, Odom, Marbury, ?) that he feels can compete for the eastern conference title, then I guess you have to do it. The bottom line is Championships. Not 8th seeds, and first round ousters.

That team gives us about a 3-4 yr window of getting a shot to win it all. You can argue all day if that team would be capable of winning a championship, but other than Detroit, who is really that good in the east? Nets are 8 games over 500. Shaq is on his way out, and Indy can no longer be considered a serious threat.

The way tis team looks now, there is no way it'll be competing for anything except an 8th seed. By the time Frye fully develops, Marb will be on the way out and we'll be starting over agin anyway.

I was always of the opinion that this team should have been blown up, and built around Frye and Curry but that isn't happening. So, if Isiah can put together a team through trades that can seriously compete with detroit for the next three yrs, I guess you have to give it a shot.

[Edited by - bigbeast on 02-25-2006 1:56 PM]

that's a pretty good point, well except for the fact that we dont have any tradeable assets that is. oh yeah and if you think we can get KG, odom, or JO than your crazy, uh... no offense.
Rich
USA
2/25/2006  8:36 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Rich:

I think that's just spin. More importantly, Isiah didn't have to give up an unprotected 1st round pick because it wasn't foreseeable that the Knicks would be this bad. I think that Isiah didn't get at least top three protection because he is arrogant to consider the possiblity that the Knicks could be this bad. That also makes him stupid.

And let's not forget that next year's 1st round pick (the Bulls can elect to switch draft position) is unprotected as well. I'm sure you wouldn't disagree that Oden is bettter than Curry, and so would Isiah.

Isiah is a moron, and he needs to go.
bigbeast

2/25/2006  8:57 PM
Posted by islesfan:

What are these tradeable assets that you speak of? And why exactly do you think that they are enough to acquire any of those players that you mentioned?

bigbeast

2/25/2006  9:00 PM
Posted by islesfan:

Like i said, its very risky. This summer is make or break for Zeke. If we come back with this same roster in October, and he fails to land that player that can put us over the top, then he should be canned. And I've always been one of Isiah's biggest backers.

Rich
USA
2/25/2006  9:06 PM
I suspect that Isiah blinked on the Francis deal, rather than holding firm of his offer of Taylor and Craw. I think he has done that in every trade he has made.
bigbeast

2/25/2006  9:19 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Rich:

I think that's just spin. More importantly, Isiah didn't have to give up an unprotected 1st round pick because it wasn't foreseeable that the Knicks would be this bad. I think that Isiah didn't get at least top three protection because he is arrogant to consider the possiblity that the Knicks could be this bad. That also makes him stupid.

And let's not forget that next year's 1st round pick (the Bulls can elect to switch draft position) is unprotected as well. I'm sure you wouldn't disagree that Oden is bettter than Curry, and so would Isiah.

Who in there right mind thought this team would be this bad? Especially with Brown at the helm? But I agree, that pick should have lotto protected or top five at least.
Rich
USA
2/25/2006  9:22 PM
Posted by bigbeast:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Rich:

Who in there right mind thought this team would be this bad? Especially with Brown at the helm? But I agree, that pick should have lotto protected or top five at least.

OK, but part of being smart is to cover yourself for the unexpected.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/25/2006  9:27 PM
Posted by bigbeast:
Posted by islesfan:

Like i said, its very risky. This summer is make or break for Zeke. If we come back with this same roster in October, and he fails to land that player that can put us over the top, then he should be canned. And I've always been one of Isiah's biggest backers.

last year's draft was make or break for Zeke. then we still stank. then this year's trade deadline was make or break. and we still stink. now it's the summer? when is the final make or break? I'm sick of giving Zeke chances. I'm sick of meaningless fourth quarters.
¿ △ ?
Isiah's flawed plan does have promise......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy