[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OMG...will you guys seriously stop???
Author Thread
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
2/25/2006  10:39 AM
Why would you trade a 22 yr old channing frye who has such a high work ethic for a 30 year old garnett??

Frye has looked promising...i'd be willing to trade curry before i'd trade him for garnett...fryes rebounding has come a long way and his defense has improved....so i dont know why u'd trade him for garnett when we'd have at most 3 more years before he declines and with frye we can enjoy for a 7-10 years?

i cant understand the logic of some of you fans.....i wouldnt trade for garnett...but knowing isiah he would trade for garnett by including frye,robinson,lee and our draft picks just to save his job.....

i truly cant stand to see him her any longer...if he trades frye i'll stop being a knick fan...
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
AUTOADVERT
JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
2/25/2006  10:50 AM
Posted by NYKniCksFan87:

Why would you trade a 22 yr old channing frye who has such a high work ethic for a 30 year old garnett??

Frye has looked promising...i'd be willing to trade curry before i'd trade him for garnett...fryes rebounding has come a long way and his defense has improved....so i dont know why u'd trade him for garnett when we'd have at most 3 more years before he declines and with frye we can enjoy for a 7-10 years?

i cant understand the logic of some of you fans.....i wouldnt trade for garnett...but knowing isiah he would trade for garnett by including frye,robinson,lee and our draft picks just to save his job.....

i truly cant stand to see him her any longer...if he trades frye i'll stop being a knick fan...

Dude first of all... Channing Frye, as good as he is.. IS NO KEVIN GARNETT. Yes KG, is pushing 30.. but so is Starbury and Franchise. Listen man, I'm against pulling the trigger for KG as well. BUT my reasons are way different.. we'd have to be closer, we'd have to be on the cusp of contention.. UNFORTUNATELY WE AINT! That's why I wouldn't do the deal.

However, I would trade Frye for Jermaine O'neal, or Chris Bosh.. pretty much any other young dynamic veteran big man in this game. Not because Channing isn't good.. but because of our current team makeup.. our coach who is on a 3 yr plan, and the fact that The above mentioned are just flat out better than Frye right now... bothe offensively, and most importantly DEFENSIVELY.

Eddy Curry may not be as fundementally sound as Frye yet.. but thats a given. Frye went to a high profile collegiate program where he learned how to play under one of the college games better coaches. Eddy Curry took the leap straight outta high school. Did I mention that he is younger than Frye as well.. (same reason why you wouldn't deal away Frye for Garnett) Curry is a solid big man, w/ skills.. He needs to learn how to use his body and get positioning.. Once he does this, he is unstoppable! The key here would be pairing him with another standout power forward, that can be a force on D.. as well as offense. Thats why most would keep Curry over Frye in a minute, and trade for Jermaine O'neal.

[Edited by - JayNYC on 02-25-2006 10:58 AM]
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/25/2006  11:26 AM

KG has some serious miles on him....10 years of pounding those joints is alot of time in the NBA...he has definately slowed.....This team would have to be playing alot better before I would take the chance....and for this team to be better, Frye would be a big part in that.....So...right now I won't do it.....
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/25/2006  11:28 AM
i would trade Frye for Bosh.... not O'neal or Garnett
JayNYC
USA
2/25/2006  11:35 AM
Posted by Elite:

Why wouldn't you trade him for Jermaine O'neal? O'neal is an allstar, he is a two-way player; offensive/defensive minded, 27 yrs old... and can be the corner stone of this NYK franchise. I'd trade him away for J.O, First, even before Chris Bosh...

Bosh is gonna be a problem in this league, but he is mad thin. He is younger than Frye though, and better on both ends of the floor.. BUT Bosh ain't better than J-O'neal.. IMO
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
NYKniCksFan87
2/25/2006  11:41 AM
bosh is a twig,maybe not anytime soon but later down the line he might be injury prone
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/25/2006  11:43 AM
i just like frye i think hes gunna be special, he has the desire and the work ethic... sky is the limit for him hes not one of these players that wont improve
NYKniCksFan87
2/25/2006  11:44 AM
yeah exactly...frye seems like one of those players where u know he'll work his ass off in the offseason to get better.
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/25/2006  11:46 AM
Posted by Elite:

Keep it real, you're not getting Bosh...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2006  11:47 AM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Elite:

Keep it real, you're not getting Bosh...

we're keeping it real, Toronto ain't getting Frye for just Bosh
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/25/2006  11:54 AM
Posted by JayNYC:
Posted by Elite:

Why wouldn't you trade him for Jermaine O'neal? O'neal is an allstar, he is a two-way player; offensive/defensive minded, 27 yrs old... and can be the corner stone of this NYK franchise. I'd trade him away for J.O, First, even before Chris Bosh...
Do you think Jermaine is injury prone? This is the second year in a row he has had a bad injruy and is out 2 months.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
MsBklynStyle
Member: #1080
USA
2/25/2006  11:57 AM
I'm willing to trade Curry for KG than Frye for KG. Curry's work ethic has always been in question. Frye appears to be a kid that is ready to work hard during the season and during the offseason.
You Play To Win The Game-Herman Edwards
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

2/25/2006  12:02 PM
Nobody is taking Curry off our hands. He has alledged heart problems, is one diminsional, and makes a ton of money.

[Edited by - bigbeast on 02-25-2006 12:04 PM]
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
JayNYC
USA
2/25/2006  12:16 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

Nobody is taking Curry off our hands. He has alledged heart problems, is one diminsional, and makes a ton of money.

[Edited by - bigbeast on 02-25-2006 12:04 PM]

I wouldn't trade Curry over Frye anyway.. Curry isn't better right now, but his upside is far greater than Frye's.. IF HE LEARNS HOW TO PLAY THE GAME. The difference between Frye and Curry is only as clear cut now, because Channing Frye has benefitted from learning how to use his body to gain positioning in college. He knows how to create space for his shot, and move without the ball.. Eddy Curry hasn't had this luxury, he isn't better because of this! That being said, he can learn.. and when he does.. He will certainly be the most dynamic center since Shaquille O'neal. That's the same thing that can be said about Andrew Bynum.. which is why, initially most Knick Fans on these boards were crying for him as opposed to Frye. At First, MOST FANS were like Frye is gonna be a bust. Now since he is doing a lil work in the league, on our bum squad.. people are open.. and insist that he could be a superstar.

I doubt that, his ceiling is that high. He can be a more than servicible power forward in this league.. maybe even an allstar. But I just don't see him being an elite power forward like Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, Jermaine O'neal, or Elton Brand. He is not going to be on par with any of those players.. especially anytime soon. It's for that reason that I say deal him while he has value.. and acquire a PROVEN big man like the above mentioned. Keep in mind... only two of those elite power forwards are rumored to be targets of Zeke. KG and J.O'neal. If it's me, i'm going with O'neal, because he's younger and our team is farther away; so acquiring K.G. wouldn't make much sense for NYK.. ESPECIALLY GIVEN THE MAKEUP OF OUR CORE PLAYERS ON THIS TEAM. Steph is 29 and so is Francis.. Brown is on a 3-4yr plan, and can not afford to wait. That's why he has made his plea for Young Veterans..

[Edited by - JayNYC on 02-25-2006 12:20 PM]
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/25/2006  12:25 PM
I have no problem with bringing Garnett in here, even at the expense of Frye. In Minnesota all this team he's been basically a one man show, he's been forced to be the whole offense. Couple him with Eddy Curry and Stephon Marbury or Steve Francis and alot of the load is off of Garnett and that will lengthen his career a bit. Also, I don't know why all the sudden everyone thinks 29/30 is too old nowadays. I like Frye but he'll never be Kevin Garnett. ever.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 02-25-2006 12:25 PM]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
OMG...will you guys seriously stop???

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy