[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This KG stuff is stupid
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/25/2006  10:18 AM
what are we going to deplete everything young[by the way everything young is just about anything that is good on this team] give them frye lee draft picks etc.. for KG, jusy so we can say we have KG? kG is NO shaq, KG does not have an impact like Duncan or Shaq. There is Duncan Shaq and Nash--then everyone else. These 3 players actually impact wins and lossses and individually make the entire team better. You could now throw Lebron in there as a disatant 4th. But KG has proven over time he is NO single-handed saviour. I would NEVER do something stupid like Frye Lee picks etc.. for an aging KG for shaq or duncan I would, and shaq is questionable now, but just the thrill of having a 75% shaq would be worth it.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/25/2006  10:21 AM
Duncan and Shaq have never had teammates as bad as the ones KG has had most of his career (except Steph as an 18 yo and one season w/Spree and Cassel, which worked well for them). But this is pointless anyway because the media is the only one talking about Isiah giving up the future for KG. The media also talked endlessly about us getting K-Mart, C Webb last year, and anything that sells papers.
JayNYC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #682
USA
2/25/2006  10:23 AM
I agree partially with your assessment of KG.. He is pushing 30, BUT to imply that KG isn't a superstar caliber player, and that he doesn't have the IMPACT of other big men is crazy! Kevin Garnett is a beast.. that being said, throwing away our future might not be the best move unless we are close enough to being legitimate contenders.... I don't know if we would be.

I'd rather push for someone like Jermaine O'neal.. A Young Vet, defensive minded and is a stud offensively, when considering dealing away our youth. Plus we wouldn't have to pay as much to get him in the Garden.

[Edited by - JayNYC on 02-25-2006 10:24 AM]
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/25/2006  10:41 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Duncan and Shaq have never had teammates as bad as the ones KG has had most of his career (except Steph as an 18 yo and one season w/Spree and Cassel, which worked well for them). But this is pointless anyway because the media is the only one talking about Isiah giving up the future for KG. The media also talked endlessly about us getting K-Mart, C Webb last year, and anything that sells papers.

What we need are OUR OWN active young players who do NOT need maintenence, ahev WEIGHT problems and care about playing.

I don't mind trading for Steve Francis. Im against the grain here saying its a very good swap--a no-brainer. Im scared that marbury is going to go shot on us here, he's been dealing with injuries for years and as he turns 30 next year--it may be catching up to him. Steveie has less miles traveled.

If I was running things I would DEMAND jerome Jmaes to lose 40 pounds this summer or threaten him with holding back pay die to a provoision in the collective bargaining agreement. I would also approach Eddy Curry about the same thing--in fact I would be VERY willing to TRADE Curry for the right package. I think he clogs the middle--the game has changed a bit, its much more of a fluid game now, his skill level isnt on par with the game. Just look at last night--id rather have a guy like Kristic to put together with Frye. More skills, more fluidity more agility NO maintenence.

They are going to have to do something this offseason to get Isiah and LB on the dame page. lB is crying he has to many young guys? Am I watching the same team that got fckd up and dunked on AGAIN by the nets with

Francis--29
marbury---29
Rose---33
Taylor---29
M rose---31
Crawford--26
Q---26
Frye --22
Curry--23
------avg nearly 28 years old that is NOT young.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/25/2006  11:10 AM
briggs - it's not use.

the plan for this team is to go after KG HARD this summer and frye will be the centerpiece.

and when it happens, ALOT of people will be happy.

me? probably not b/c i know it will F us up for about 5-7 more years. i don't want some wins now reaching the 2nd round or ECF for 2-3 years and then fall back off the face of the earth without any titles to talk about.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/25/2006  11:31 AM
I never thought this team would be this bad. trading frye & lee & picks might be a wash talentwises the pain is money because the young guys are cheap, KG is not
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/25/2006  4:09 PM
KG will be 31 next yr. He is going to be a superstar beast until he is 37 yrs old. He will be allstar calibre until he is 40. He is like in the Malone, Miller mold when it comes to shape. With KG we are a championship calibre team for the next 8yrs as long as Curry get it together and we continue to add talent. Plus KG compliments Curry to a T.

Frye is very talented and still has a lot of potential. But Frye is in the mix with so many other young players. Do you see Frye ever becoming a top 5 player like Amare Stoudemire in the future?? Or even becoming a better player than Chris Bosh. Or taking over the league and winning us championships??

I love Frye and would be very very sad to see him moved. He took all the soft label hate and now has us questioning if we should trade him for Kevin Garnett. I wouldn't mind if we pushed for Chris Bosh this offseason personally.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
LBeast
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #994

2/25/2006  4:46 PM
This is all moot since we're not getting KG anyway.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/25/2006  5:22 PM
I don't want to get knocked out of the ECF either but I also don't want to keep winning only 30 games and no lottery picks to show for it
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/25/2006  5:25 PM
I don't want him.
This KG stuff is stupid

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy