[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

All the ridiculous rumors, Vescey didnt start
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
8/8/2002  4:24 PM
Wow Vescey usually on toiop of these stupid "a person in the Knick organization" type rumors. To be honest I think the Zo deal is so made up. Sure Id love it to hapen but I dont see how Miami benefits when they can just let Alonzo walk and save cap space. I think the Mutumbo insider ruimor is false. I believe the NY times when they said that Philly want Spree and Thomas, not the insiders Thom + Spoon + ward.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/8/2002  4:43 PM
So, the Knicks trade Latrell Sprewell and get Alonzo Mourning? Let's hope they throw in his kidney dialysis machine. Come on, the guy isn't even close to what he used to be. Giving up Sprewell to get Mourning would shoot the Knicks in the foot. And why would Miami want Spree when they have Butler and Jones at the 2/3. It wouldn't make sense.
#Knickstaps
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
8/8/2002  5:05 PM
The Only way I'd want Zo is if we can unload Weatherspoon, Anderson and Travis Knight. Exactly what your thinking!!!! Why would the Heat want this garbage?!?! Exactly why I'm thinking it!!! GARBAGE FOR GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!! Zo's only good quality is unloading a hell of alot of $$$$ of the cap. Other than that I don't want anything to do with that guy. I dunno who is smoking CRACK!! But to even fathom losing Spree for this busted former shell of a dominant player would be down right retarded! Get a grip you guys...
Dan1078
Member: #283
8/8/2002  5:09 PM
Very insightful posts, guys. I wholeheartedly agree.

Let Mourning keep his wack-ass kidneys in South Beach.

I wouldnt want him in NY especially for not for Spree.
nwny
Member: #284
8/8/2002  9:32 PM
Think about this: This is Zo's last year of his contract. Miami can let his contract expire at the end of the season, sign a big name free agent (maybe Duncan, they will have cap room when Zo's contract expires), and they can resign Zo. He's their player so they can go over the cap etc. etc. They are in the perfect situation.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/8/2002  10:02 PM
Thomas, Ward, Anderson, and Knight for Zo works capwise. We could also get a decent toss-in like Ernest Brown or Malik Allen. I would do that as well as sending Thomas, Ward, and Knight for Mutombo, but that didn't happen. Right now our best trade bait is Thomas(3-years, 15M and coming off his best season), Harrington(small contract with opt-out clause), and Ward(long contract about to expire). Believe it or not we could actually put them together and be able to get a decent player or two. My thoughts are sending those three to Dallas for Van Exel and either Bradley or Wang Zhi-Zhi, via sign-and-trade. Zhi-Zhi's perimeter game gives McDyess a lot of space to create around the basket and Bradley's shot-blocking ability gives us something we lost when trading Camby. I would prefer Wang, but would take either deal, especially assuming the deal with Bradley would be a lot less complicated. Still, Wang should be attracted to New York for the same reason Yao Ming and the Chinese gov't were.
killacross
Member: #58
USA
8/9/2002  1:40 AM
Spoon-KT-ward or KT-Knight-ward are probably the deals that Layden offered and then the 76ers probably countered with a Spree-KT offer
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
All the ridiculous rumors, Vescey didnt start

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy