[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Construct your plan to fix the Knicks.. Trades, standing pat.. whatever!
Author Thread
JayNYC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #682
USA
2/25/2006  10:17 AM
Starting this summer, I'd try to get a three way trade between Indiana, Minnesota, and NY. 3 GM's that have had a history between each other, for good, bad or indifferent.. It's crazy enough that it just might happen!

To Indiana: Kevin Garnett and Minnesota's 2nd rd pick, Cash from NYK, A conditional Future 1st rd pick from NYK.

To Minnesota: Steve Francis, Channing Frye, expiring contracts of Scot Pollard, Mo Taylor and NYK's high 1st rd pick (acquired via Toronto from Denver)

NY Knicks get: Jermaine O'neal and Marko Jaric

Next start up talks again w/ LA Lakers for Lamar Odom

LA Lakers get: (Expiring Contract of Jalen Rose), David Lee, Nate Robinson, NYK's 1st rd pick (via San Antonio)

NYK receives: Lamar Odom, (Expiring Contract of Aaron Mckie), LA Lakers 2nd rd pick (#46)

Draft Terrell Everett (PG-Oklahoma) or Pops Mensah-Bonzu (PF-George Washington) If either are still available!

Curry/James
O'neal/M.Rose/Butler
Odom/Woods
Marbury/Richardson/Crawford/Mckie
Jaric/Everett

Try to sell Quentin Richardson to whoever wants him... Take whatever you can get for him... Just clear up the bum guard glut!!!!

Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
AUTOADVERT
McK1
Member: #964
2/25/2006  10:26 AM
"Quentin Richardson has no value," the GM added. "Jamal Crawford has very little value. They tried like crazy to trade him all over the league. [Stephon] Marbury only has value in the last year of his contract."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/printedition/ny-spknotes254641256feb25,0,6750335.story?
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
JayNYC
USA
2/25/2006  10:33 AM
Posted by McK1:
"Quentin Richardson has no value," the GM added. "Jamal Crawford has very little value. They tried like crazy to trade him all over the league. [Stephon] Marbury only has value in the last year of his contract."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/printedition/ny-spknotes254641256feb25,0,6750335.story?

I read that this morning as well... That's why, I'm like trade him for little to nothing... we just gotta find away to clear up the guard rotation. It's to early to force him into retirement (ie Allan H20) Besides, he has no insurance on his contract. WE ARE SCREWED WITH Q-Rich if he doesn't get better, and revert to the LA Clipper days. Back to the basket guard, that could shoot.. but wasn't a chucker in that offensive system!

I still think Crawford will benefit from a full summer of dealing w/ LB.. I think he just needs to learn how NOT to be a bum, and play smart. He has the talent.. No question about it! Besides that, players all say its a business when being dealt away.. But if he's traded it might affect Eddy Curry negatively.

Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

i think this team needs 3 things...... A outside stopper/team runner(speedy).... A inside stopper/inforcer(dalembert/healthy Kmart), and a 3 point shooter(put a fire under Q or make a deal!)

those r the 3 glaring pieces we need.. i dont see us as needing another SUPERSTAR BIG MAN like KG... althought it would help...i wouldent give up frye for him
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
Posted by McK1:

Thats our freaking reality. Back when we made the deal we thought we had made a steal of a deal in getting Q-Rich and Nate to NY. Now Q-Rich has absolutely no value and Nate can't even win backup PG on a team that had none. Why does everything that NY makes has to end up so terribly? This is beyond unreal...
Knicks_Fan
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
1st of all...what kind of dust are u on???....trading a promising rookie for garnett who is almost 30....matter of fact he turns 30 this year...
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
JayNYC
USA
2/25/2006  10:38 AM
Posted by NYKniCksFan87:

1st of all...what kind of dust are u on???....trading a promising rookie for garnett who is almost 30....matter of fact he turns 30 this year...

I'm not saying we end up with KG.. I say trade for Jermaine O'neal.. A young and established allstar, a defensive minded veteran power forward, that may have an equal impact on the game as any top tier big man when he gets it going. Plus thats Isiah Thomas' son.. you know he rides for Zeke!

Who would you rather have.. Channing Frye or Jermaine O'neal, c'mon man?
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/25/2006  10:40 AM
Stand pat

Rehire Don Chaney

Select two studs in the upcoming draft

Best five play
once a knick always a knick
JayNYC
USA
2/25/2006  10:43 AM
A smaller trade.. Steve Francis, Channing Frye and our #1 San Antonio pick for Jermaine O'neal & Anthony Johnson.

[Edited by - JayNYC on 02-25-2006 10:44 AM]
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/25/2006  10:47 AM
dont trade frye
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/25/2006  11:03 AM
Trade Isiah
Knicks_Fan
JayNYC
USA
2/25/2006  11:44 AM
Isiah ain't doing that bad of a job, in terms of acquiring talent... Larry Brown is doing a bad job of adjusting to his teams skillsets.

That's not saying I fault LB for that... I think he is dead on about making us a defensive minded/half court offense team. I think that style of play ultimately wins games, and championships.

Our players are obviously better suited for an uptempo style of play, but that just doesn't win a chip in the end.. Look at Dallas of old/ vs Dallas now under Avery. Look at Phoenix last yr, they were an offensive force everytime they stepped on the court.. What happened to them, they got shut down by the Spurs D!

Bottomline, we gotta get our team constructed to play D, and have better IQ players in the half court set to make this work. Zeke looks like he is setting himself up to make moves for those type of players in the summer. LB will coach better once he has his players in place
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
2/25/2006  11:46 AM
jermaine is nice man...but he's injury prone too
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/25/2006  12:10 PM
Jermain Oneil? Is this supposed to be realistic? Look at the guys Isiah has traded for... I'm sorry, why doesnt anyone have Jason Kidd, Duncan and Artest in their scenarios?

Go get some tough guys. Kenny Thomas and Reggie Evans. They could help balance Frye, Curry and FranBury's softness. Add some rebounding and D and tough play
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
2/25/2006  1:23 PM
Indiana isn't gonna trade Jermaine for that package IMO.

I mean, they could, but I think they'd rather look after Bosh or someone to fill his void, rather than a guard.

The way I'd fix it?

Use your 2 pix to trade up in the draft. Try to get in the lottery.
Don't pick a ****in 1st year college player. We need experience.

Trade Marbury for w/e package you can get. Maybe a couple million off the cap, a few players, and a pick.

I mean, he doesn't juice up his teammates. Atleast Francis can. And since technically they're the same player, what't the advantage of having both? Sure they'll be driving and kicking all day long on offense, but we're gonna get KILLED on defense. 6-3 and 6-2 vs. the Kobes and Carters of the NBA is just stupid.

Grab Antonio Daniels. Give up Crawford if you have to. Try to send Q Rich though.

Fill the SF void with a long, shutdown defender at the 3.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
2/25/2006  1:29 PM
i would stand pat... and i definately would let isiah draft with those 2 picks before thinking of trading them(lee was pick 30, but has more value than a #30 pick now).
JayNYC
USA
2/25/2006  2:05 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Jermain Oneil? Is this supposed to be realistic? Look at the guys Isiah has traded for... I'm sorry, why doesnt anyone have Jason Kidd, Duncan and Artest in their scenarios?

Go get some tough guys. Kenny Thomas and Reggie Evans. They could help balance Frye, Curry and FranBury's softness. Add some rebounding and D and tough play

Sure, Jermaine O'neil could be a realistic target. Like most have pointed out, he's coming off of an injury plagued year. He has been involved in that Detriot situation w/ Artest. Donnie Walsh/Larry Bird may be fed up with his outspoken opinions... Regardless of if they have merit or not. That franchise isn't craving for that type of negative press.

My trade gets them a better player, an elite superstar in KG to pair w/ Peja, plus a fut pick. Moreover it keeps them, pardon puts them in better shape to go after the chip.. because they'd be closer w/ KG than with Jermaine O'neil.

The Knicks would obviously have an upgrade in talent at the 4 spot. This trade makes us tougher defensively, and we'd be in the hunt.. PLUS we don't kill off the 3-4yr LB plan.

Minnesota, wouldn't have to deal with Garnett's stabs at Kevin Mchale anymore. They'd be more than fairly compensated w/ a slew of draft picks and a Young Big Man like Channing Frye. Steve Franchise w/ Ricky Davis would be one of the more explosive backcourts in the league. They couldn't do any better in a trade for Garnett if they are looking for an allstar caliber player/plus youth in return. Chicago might be able to package something decent, centering around Chandler/Gordon and the Knicks #1 pick overall.. BUT, Kevin Garnett would likely veto any deals to the Bulls.. regardless if he is from Chi-town or not. He'd wanna be sent to a legitimate contender.

JohnWallace44
Member: #910
USA
2/25/2006  2:13 PM
My Plan:
Let the season play out... if there are still no signs that this team is being coached at a moderate level let alone by a "legendary" coach then let him go.

Insert Zeeke as coach, put a moratorium on trades, build only from the draft. Tell Zeeke, "you're the only one who believes in these players, make it happen."

I have a hunch that these players just might respond a bit better to a coach who believes in them instead of ripping them in the media daily.

You leave Zeeke as the coach until Marbury's contract expires. If things are fixed by then great... if not, you are then in a position to rebuild.
Alan Hahn: Nate Robinson has been on a ridonkulous scoring tear lately (remember when he couldn't hit Jerome James with a Big Mac in early January?)
bigbeast
Member: #1060

2/25/2006  2:14 PM
Ypou have some really good ideas, and i have no problems with J O'neal and Odom. I'd prefer KG, but J-o'neal would be a great second option. I only wonder if J-O'neal and Curry would get in each others way. Garnett is more of a face up player and a little better defensively than J o'neal but like I said, I'd take him.

But for the last time KG is from SOUTH CAROLINA!
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/25/2006  11:25 PM
crash the team plane lol
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Construct your plan to fix the Knicks.. Trades, standing pat.. whatever!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy