[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Article] Jerome Sore...And Sour by Marc Berman
Author Thread
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
2/25/2006  10:06 AM
February 25, 2006 -- KNICK NOTES

Jerome James said this week Knicks president Isiah Thomas would have been wasting his time had he brought shot-blocking center Theo Ratliff over from Portland.

But now, James will be shut down at least five more days because an MRI showed fluid on his hamstring; he could be out much longer.

Larry Brown, who has little regard for James, pushed Thomas hard to get Ratliff and the Knicks went down to the trading-deadline wire trying to get him.

The Knicks would not give up a youthful chip — a first-round pick or David Lee — to make the acquisition.

"Give me an opportunity to show what I can do . . . it would be a waste to bring him here," James said of Ratliff.

Thomas ripped James after the trading deadline, saying every player on his team has trade value except James. During a "Q&A" session Wednesday with season-ticket holders, one fan reprimanded Thomas, telling him he made a mistake signing the 7-1, 300-pound James to a five-year, $30 million pact. Thomas told the fan he was right.

Asked if he was offended by Thomas' remark that he has no trade value, James offered an interesting remark, revealing he was stung by having his starting center position yanked with the Eddy Curry trade.

"People say a lot of things when they're frustrated," James said. "He feels that way. I can't really blame him. I have been injured a lot this season. Much was expected of me. Just as much was promised to me. There's been disappointments on both sides. My injuries have definitely kept me out of position to prove my worth."

Because of the two-for-one trade with Orlando, the Knicks have an open roster spot and, according to a league source, will sign a young player from either the CBA or the NBA developmental league. Brown has asked Knicks brass for a list.

. . . Brown's new three-guard rotation bounces Nate Robinson to the bench and shifts Quentin Richardson to starting small forward. Robinson was inactive last night. The biggest casualties of the arrangement are Robinson, Lee and swingman Qyntel Woods.

"These kids, we're 15-38, they've had a lot of chances to play," Brown said, adding, "We have too many young guys right now."

what a joke? the case against Thomas grows
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
AUTOADVERT
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/25/2006  10:15 AM
sigh
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/25/2006  10:17 AM
Thomas ripped James after the trading deadline, saying every player on his team has trade value except James. During a "Q&A" session Wednesday with season-ticket holders, one fan reprimanded Thomas, telling him he made a mistake signing the 7-1, 300-pound James to a five-year, $30 million pact. Thomas told the fan he was right.
At least this isn't the Bush administration since Isiah apparently does not mind admitting a mistake.
McK1
Member: #964
2/25/2006  10:20 AM
Jerome James had no value when Isiah signed him.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
2/25/2006  10:55 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
At least this isn't the Bush administration since Isiah apparently does not mind admitting a mistake.

Give me a break. This is like Dick Cheney admitting that he shot that guy. He did it and it's impossible to deny.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/25/2006  11:12 AM
Posted by McK1:
February 25, 2006 -- KNICK NOTES

Jerome James said this week Knicks president Isiah Thomas would have been wasting his time had he brought shot-blocking center Theo Ratliff over from Portland.

But now, James will be shut down at least five more days because an MRI showed fluid on his hamstring; he could be out much longer.

Larry Brown, who has little regard for James, pushed Thomas hard to get Ratliff and the Knicks went down to the trading-deadline wire trying to get him.

The Knicks would not give up a youthful chip — a first-round pick or David Lee — to make the acquisition.

"Give me an opportunity to show what I can do . . . it would be a waste to bring him here," James said of Ratliff.

Asked if he was offended by Thomas' remark that he has no trade value, James offered an interesting remark, revealing he was stung by having his starting center position yanked with the Eddy Curry trade.

"People say a lot of things when they're frustrated," James said. "He feels that way. I can't really blame him. I have been injured a lot this season. Much was expected of me. Just as much was promised to me. There's been disappointments on both sides. My injuries have definitely kept me out of position to prove my worth."

Because of the two-for-one trade with Orlando, the Knicks have an open roster spot and, according to a league source, will sign a young player from either the CBA or the NBA developmental league. Brown has asked Knicks brass for a list.

. . . Brown's new three-guard rotation bounces Nate Robinson to the bench and shifts Quentin Richardson to starting small forward. Robinson was inactive last night. The biggest casualties of the arrangement are Robinson, Lee and swingman Qyntel Woods.

"These kids, we're 15-38, they've had a lot of chances to play," Brown said, adding, "We have too many young guys right now."

what a joke? the case against Thomas grows

not for nothing but the fan that asked the question was a female. and they all laughed it off. meanwhile, they just threw $30 mil away like it was nothing. can't settle a f ckin sex harrassment case but they can throw $30 mil on a big stiff and $21 mil on shandon. btw, isiah also said that if he doesn't come into shape over the summer then they will have to look to cut ties. aka buyout.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
2/25/2006  11:16 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

not for nothing but the fan that asked the question was a female. and they all laughed it off. meanwhile, they just threw $30 mil away like it was nothing. can't settle a f ckin sex harrassment case but they can throw $30 mil on a big stiff and $21 mil on shandon. btw, isiah also said that if he doesn't come into shape over the summer then they will have to look to cut ties. aka buyout.

And then Isiah can cry about how unfair it is to count the Big Stiff's salary as part of the Knicks salary cap number because he's no longer on the team.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
BigC
Member: #829
2/25/2006  11:18 AM
When does his contract expire again? lol

It's funny how James never gets sore when he is at the All You Can Eat Buffet!
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/25/2006  11:19 AM
jerome james will have trade value if he losses 40 pounds. they have to make it clear to him, if he DOES not lose the weight, regardless of BS injury--come on dude I have MS and I am 1 handed yet I work out almost every day and have to eat right--I think for 5mm in SALARY JJ can be responsible for what he puts into his mouth. if he cant use his legs--chop wood go buy a sledge hammer and smash concrete there are various cardiovascular machines that just use arm strength--guys who hav NO legs are in better shape than jerome. simply there is NO excuse for him not to lose 40.
RIP Crushalot😞
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/25/2006  11:59 AM
I know he is JJ is fodder for these post, but he can help this team..

JJ can be an effective defender in the middle, he is a big body...

he certainly needs to lose weight...

sounds crazy, but I would like to keep JJ...

simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/25/2006  1:34 PM
You'd like that wouldnt you. You are out of your mind. But then again, you the one actually believing that we are rebuilding.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/25/2006  3:19 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

jerome james will have trade value if he losses 40 pounds. they have to make it clear to him, if he DOES not lose the weight, regardless of BS injury--come on dude I have MS and I am 1 handed yet I work out almost every day and have to eat right--I think for 5mm in SALARY JJ can be responsible for what he puts into his mouth. if he cant use his legs--chop wood go buy a sledge hammer and smash concrete there are various cardiovascular machines that just use arm strength--guys who hav NO legs are in better shape than jerome. simply there is NO excuse for him not to lose 40.

i Don't kow if he needs to lose 40, but I am in total agreement with you. For 30 million dollars, a freakin hamstring injury isn't enough of an ailment to keep you out of shape if you take conditioning seriously.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/25/2006  6:36 PM
They guy is an embodiment of everything that is wrong with the NBA when it comes to 7 footers.

Dude is just makin millions because he was lucky enough to grow that tall.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/25/2006  7:13 PM
Yo y'all have your laughs but remember the Big Game is always true to his word. Soon as I finish this pregame snack I'm gonna put on my boss tan suit with my uni underneath and be ready to jump in and save this team when Fat Eddy starts puking during the game (he's WAY fatter than me btw).

[Article] Jerome Sore...And Sour by Marc Berman

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy