[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

BROWNIE, YOU'RE DOING A HECK OF A JOB.....
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/25/2006  3:38 AM

Once and for all Larry Brown cannot hide....He cannot hide behind Isiah...He cannot hide behind the media that say he is the only one with a good track record in this organization ..(15-39) is the only track record I care about when it comes to Brown........He cannot hide by throwing his players under the bus when things go wrong....He cannot hide by saying this is a flawed roster....As Zeke put it, Every roster is flawed until you win a Championship...

Now I have been critical of Brown for some time now because of his lineups, head games,backstabbing,
total lack of respect for his players by vertually calling them stupid in the media....The press loves this, as well as some Knicks fans....I'm not one of them....New york has a very short leash....With this talented roster, join me in putting this leash around Brown's neck....

It's time he start showing some improvement...These players played harder last year for Herb than they are currently playing for Larry...The ball is in his court... I don't want to hear next year...Adjust now....As far as I know, Brown is getting paid 10 mil per year this year as well...Act like it....

The players looked good playing uptempo against the Nets in spurts...But thats just me, he is the coach...I'm assuming he knows better.....Impress me....Make me think you are actually worth the 10 mil Dolan is payment you....

You can't hide now, the spotlight is on you........

AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/25/2006  7:45 AM
>> So this is Brown's challenge: either he maintains the cold war he has conducted with his players, which has yielded some of the most unsightly basketball in recent New York memory, or he swallows hard and lets the kids run free, lets the taps flow freely without a speck of adult supervision. If he does that, he betrays everything he ever has believed as a coach.

But if he doesn't, there's no telling how miserable the next two months will be.

Mark Vaccaro - NYPost
once a knick always a knick
JesseDark
Member: #467
2/25/2006  7:47 AM
Brown has screwed around with players to the point that they are afraid to take an open shot. There were times last night I was actually screaming at the tv for them to shoot.
Bring back dee-fense
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
2/25/2006  8:38 AM
Holfresh, i bet you were riding Larry Brown's nuts when he was being courted by New York.

Now, you woke up and decided that you wanted to stop hanging.

Good job.

I can't fault Larry.
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/25/2006  8:59 AM
i can fault larry. It's time to let And1 take over...can't be any worst.
all kool aid all the time.
holfresh

2/25/2006  11:10 AM
Posted by bigpimpin:

Holfresh, i bet you were riding Larry Brown's nuts when he was being courted by New York.

Good job.

I can't fault Larry.

I was all over this guy like you won't believe...But unlike some of you guys, he doesn't get a pass..Herb wouldn't get a pass...Lenny didn't get a pass....

How did the team look when they push the ball last night....

Did you hear the commentary from the ESPN's Steve Jones...He said the Knicks seemed more successful pushing the ball....

This team has more talent than in previous years.....Explain that....

I though Kool-aid was a summertime drink but it's a year round beverage from what I see...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2006  11:27 AM
Let me ask? Do you guys care about getting better or just winning a few more games?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
holfresh

2/25/2006  11:41 AM
Posted by martin:

Let me ask? Do you guys care about getting better or just winning a few more games?

We care about building a foundation with young talent to make a run for an NBA Champoinship...

I am not interested in one coach's lagacy.....I am not intereted in quick fixes for some guy's 2-3 year plan....I want to keep the young guys and build around them.....

When we finally win one, Marbs,Francis,Malik,Brown,and MoT will be all done....

KG right now is just a fantasy.....

Brown need to win games to build confidence to make these players work harder...

Right now they are not listening to him for whatever reason...They don't trust him...

He needs to regain the confidence from his players back...

So the answer is we want to ge better and win games...

Do you see any evidence of that and if not when do you become outraged?

[Edited by - holfresh on 02-25-2006 11:44 AM]
BigC
Member: #829
2/25/2006  11:56 AM
It is time for Larry to come with a new playbook and to be creative!
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/25/2006  12:01 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by bigpimpin:

Good job.

I can't fault Larry.

I was all over this guy like you won't believe...But unlike some of you guys, he doesn't get a pass..Herb wouldn't get a pass...Lenny didn't get a pass....

Did you hear the commentary from the ESPN's Steve Jones...He said the Knicks seemed more successful pushing the ball....

I though Kool-aid was a summertime drink but it's a year round beverage from what I see...

I actually dont think this team is more talented than last years team.
holfresh

2/25/2006  12:07 PM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by bigpimpin:

Good job.

I can't fault Larry.

You can't stop there...explain yourself...

I'm waiting to hear this oone...

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/25/2006  12:18 PM
I don't think that question is relevant here. Larry ISN'T gonna make any of the players better. Heck, he's trying to get them all traded. He's publicly said they were useless in effect. They hate him and probably won't listen much to him anymore. It's not like the more you lose, the better your team gets. Quite the opposite.
Posted by martin:

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/25/2006  12:19 PM
I'm sick of the blind faith people have with Larry Brown.....

Fotget the track record. Brown has sucked this year and I think he's done it on purpose.

Well I'm down with Holfresh....I'm sick of this argument cuz guys are just brainwashed. Even the sports writers and commentators are saying either Larry is not the right coach, he was a mistake, or he is the mistake...

I'll tell you what.....the Knicks now have the right mix of vets and inexperience finally.....the hugs Francis, Rose, and Marbs were giving each other says that these guys will build chemistry and very soon.

Brown has a clean slate im my book. He has his players now.....now it's all on him. There is no excuses anymore!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
USA
2/25/2006  12:22 PM
Posted by nykshaknbake:

I don't think that question is relevant here. Larry ISN'T gonna make any of the players better. Heck, he's trying to get them all traded. He's publicly said they were useless in effect. They hate him and probably won't listen much to him anymore. It's not like the more you lose, the better your team gets. Quite the opposite.
Posted by martin:

I think he said and did the same in Philly and every other place he has been. Pretty much worked out in Philly and every other place he has been.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/25/2006  12:24 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by SlimPack:

You can't stop there...explain yourself...

I'm waiting to hear this oone...

Yeah....if you think last years team was better than you are just a hater. A blind man would know that NY has more than just upgraded the talent level from last year. I would say it has been a 100% overhaul. Now Isiah has latched on another 40% to that retooling.....

Isiah is a pimp. Isiah is getting the talent. It's all on Larry....

Don't get side tracked though.....how exactly was NY more talented last year?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
McK1
Member: #964
2/25/2006  12:54 PM
talent on paper.

talent alone doesn't win games.

* an on courrt leader - no.

* guards who can set tempo - no

* willing defenders - 30 plus Malik Rose and Antonio Davis

* guys with court savvy - seaon was already over before we added Rose and Francis

* guards with a floor game - seaon was already over before we added Rose and Francis

* big men who can control the action in the paint - no

* guys who can pass - Lee. season was already over before we added Rose and Francis

* a shooter - no

what do we have - NBA Live players dream. a bunch of 1 - on - 1 guys who can take advantage of a game players sensationalized view of the NBA.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
holfresh

2/25/2006  1:04 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by nykshaknbake:

Posted by martin:

I think he said and did the same in Philly and every other place he has been. Pretty much worked out in Philly and every other place he has been.

He didn't do it with the Nets,LA Clippers,SA Spurs....Indy was a good team but didn't win anything...They couldn't get by the Knicks...They had a really good team...

martin
USA
2/25/2006  1:07 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by martin:
Posted by nykshaknbake:

Posted by martin:

He didn't do it with the Nets,LA Clippers,SA Spurs....Indy was a good team but didn't win anything...They couldn't get by the Knicks...They had a really good team...

yeah, he didn't win it in every place that he has been but each has been MUCH better than before he got there.

holfresh

2/25/2006  1:16 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by martin:
Posted by nykshaknbake:

Posted by martin:

yeah, he didn't win it in every place that he has been but each has been MUCH better than before he got there.

Yeah if that is the case, How about what's important to all of us...THE KNICKS...

martin
USA
2/25/2006  1:17 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by martin:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by martin:
Posted by nykshaknbake:

Posted by martin:

Yeah if that is the case, How about what's important to all of us...THE KNICKS...

can we at least wait more than 4 months?
BROWNIE, YOU'RE DOING A HECK OF A JOB.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy