[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

the chants have begun...
Author Thread
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
2/25/2006  1:28 PM
Yea fire Isiah! Things are not looking bright right now but in the long term its gonna look good if we keep our youth and the vets play to their abilities. I don't know how firing Isiah will do any difference. How many years does the Knicks has to start all over again? It is crazy. A little patience can go a long way. Bottom line, Isiah has brought in better talent than Layden would have (or wouldn't have). That's the bottom line folks.
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
AUTOADVERT
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
2/25/2006  1:29 PM
WE ARE NOT FING REBUILINDGG YOU FING MORSONS WHO KEEP SAYIN THAT SHIAT!!!

You are not bebuilding when you are over the cap by a hundred mil!
You are not beuuilding when you have no pick for the next 2-3 years, and get the FCK OUT with the late 1st round pick we have gotten, when we gave given up our own HIGH LOTTERY picks.
You are not rebuilding when you sign verteran players to full MLE's!
You are not reuuilding when you trade for 29 and over 30 year old former allstars with long term money!

Anybody who busy IT load of shiat that we are rebuilding is a fing joke.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
2/25/2006  1:29 PM
maybe your wishes will come true, isiah might not need to be fired since it is a contract year for him.
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/25/2006  1:32 PM
Posted by jaydh:

maybe your wishes will come true, isiah might not need to be fired since it is a contract year for him.

are you serious? I didnt know that, so all we dolan to do is just let him walk after this season?

[Edited by - SlimPack on 02-25-2006 1:32 PM]
NotFrye
Member: #935
2/25/2006  1:32 PM
Posted by simrud:

You are not beuuilding when you have no pick for the next 2-3 years, and get the FCK OUT with the late 1st round pick we have gotten, when we gave given up our own HIGH LOTTERY picks.
You are not reuuilding when you trade for 29 and over 30 year old former allstars with long term money!

I'm sorry, but that doesn't rhyme

simrud
USA
2/25/2006  1:35 PM
haha, my bad. I'm gonna try to make it rhyme the next time.

The new joke, as in "you know you are an IT lover when..."
McK1
Member: #964
2/25/2006  1:41 PM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by jaydh:

are you serious? I didnt know that, so all we dolan to do is just let him walk after this season?

[Edited by - SlimPack on 02-25-2006 1:32 PM]

yep. he signed an initial 3 year deal.

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2006  1:43 PM
Posted by simrud:

23 and under:

Frye, Lee, Nate, Q2, Curry, Butler, 2 first rounders in 2006 draft.

8 players. Q1 was trades for KT which got us younger and was a move for the future (albeit a bad back, can't hit shots move).

It's not rebuilding by your definition, but it's rebuilding.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SlimPack
USA
2/25/2006  1:52 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by simrud:

23 and under:

8 players. Q1 was trades for KT which got us younger and was a move for the future (albeit a bad back, can't hit shots move).

how was trading for q a move for the future?
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

2/25/2006  1:52 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by simrud:

23 and under:

Thankyou. Its not the TRADITIONAL WAY TO REBUILD, but its rebuilding. Regardless of how you rebuild or which rebuilding road you take, THe END RESULT IS THE SAME!

The bulls are rebuilding last time I checked. But you can bet they ae going after Garnett this summer. After getting under the cap, there end result would be Garnett. If we get Garnett, or someon like that, the end result is the same.

Frye, Lee, Rose (expring contract), Taylor (expiring) are assets
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
simrud
USA
2/25/2006  1:54 PM
Oh cmon man.

Q2 and Butler are waiver pickups that any team can have. Having those ride the pine indicates noting. There are 29 more teams with those type of players on the end of their bench. Just cause we overvalue them cause they are here means nothing. Its the Lavar Postell, Frank William, Trevor Ariza phenomenon. Postell and FW are out of the league already. And Ariza already got his 1st DNP. I dout he will stick around in the league, too.

21st round picks is a crap argument. We gave away lottery picks and now we have crap mid to late 1st round picks. Thats trading down int he draft essentially. That is the opposite of rebuilding.

Nate and Lee are both tweenrs. While Lee might eventually find a position, Lee is a freekshow atraction who I dout will ever have any impact on the league. Either way they are marignal prospects, and once again, more then half the teams in the league has more of those types of playe.s

Q1 is a player who is shot. The reason he was traded is because this a Glen Rice situation when they guy is just done. No matter how old he is. He should not even be in the NBA. He is playin out his current deal and retiring.

Frye is the only real high potential prospect on the team. Curry has been in the lague for what 5 years now? I think I'v seen enough of him to hate him. Either way having a 5 year vet consistenly underarchieve on your team is not rebuilding either. Players who don't get it by year 5 and get it later are very very rare.

I just don't see how you can even mention rebuilding and no lottery picks in one sentence.
martin
USA
2/25/2006  1:59 PM
Posted by simrud:

Oh cmon man.

Q2 and Butler are waiver pickups that any team can have. Having those ride the pine indicates noting. There are 29 more teams with those type of players on the end of their bench. Just cause we overvalue them cause they are here means nothing. Its the Lavar Postell, Frank William, Trevor Ariza phenomenon. Postell and FW are out of the league already. And Ariza already got his 1st DNP. I dout he will stick around in the league, too.

21st round picks is a crap argument. We gave away lottery picks and now we have crap mid to late 1st round picks. Thats trading down int he draft essentially. That is the opposite of rebuilding.

Nate and Lee are both tweenrs. While Lee might eventually find a position, Lee is a freekshow atraction who I dout will ever have any impact on the league. Either way they are marignal prospects, and once again, more then half the teams in the league has more of those types of playe.s

Q1 is a player who is shot. The reason he was traded is because this a Glen Rice situation when they guy is just done. No matter how old he is. He should not even be in the NBA. He is playin out his current deal and retiring.

Frye is the only real high potential prospect on the team. Curry has been in the lague for what 5 years now? I think I'v seen enough of him to hate him. Either way having a 5 year vet consistenly underarchieve on your team is not rebuilding either. Players who don't get it by year 5 and get it later are very very rare.

I just don't see how you can even mention rebuilding and no lottery picks in one sentence.

how about the opposite: I don't know how you can say rebuilding with high draft picks is good. Atlanta, LAC for 15 years, GSW, TOR, CHI. What have they done through drafting high? CHI should be on the verge of a championship for all of their high draft picks.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/25/2006  3:27 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

how big a difference is it to trade for a 20/10 PF coming off his first injury and only 2 years left on his deal at around $8 mil per than trading for a 23 year old center that's never lived up to potential, has major work ethic question marks, weight issues, and give up some unprotected picks and 2nd rounders (that everyone is not even mentioning) and give him a 5 year deal with $55 mil on top of it.

looks like layden took a safer risk, no?

It definitely was not his first knee injury. He'd had several. I'm not even sure if it was his first knee surgery or not. I'll admit I was very hopeful it would work out when the trade happened but obviously it didn't.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02-25-2006 3:27 PM]
simrud
USA
2/25/2006  3:55 PM
What we are doing has never ever worked. Martin you are sayin that the other way has not worked SOMETIMES. OK thats fine, nothing is bullet proof. But what we are doing doesnt even make any sense. There is no way in hell IT's way of managin a basketball team can work.

How many more season of gettin progressively worth do you need to see ot make that jugdment?
martin
USA
2/25/2006  4:29 PM
Posted by simrud:

What we are doing has never ever worked. Martin you are sayin that the other way has not worked SOMETIMES. OK thats fine, nothing is bullet proof. But what we are doing doesnt even make any sense. There is no way in hell IT's way of managin a basketball team can work.

it's never worked before cause it has never been tried before. In NY you can't rebuild through the draft - no one will pay to see that. You can rebuild by overpaying and trading up (by overpaying). THIS REBUILDING PROCESS IS WORKING FOR DOLAN. Look at the season ticket holders who are still paying (and bitching). From an ownership perspective, they are still making money (not as much as they could obviously) but no one has shown me that by cutting everything with expiring contracts and starting over that you would make more money by doing so. As a fan, I hate it, but we have to deal with it.
How many more season of gettin progressively worth do you need to see ot make that jugdment?

haha, nice slip of "worth".
SlimPack
USA
2/25/2006  5:22 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by simrud:

it's never worked before cause it has never been tried before. In NY you can't rebuild through the draft - no one will pay to see that. You can rebuild by overpaying and trading up (by overpaying). THIS REBUILDING PROCESS IS WORKING FOR DOLAN. Look at the season ticket holders who are still paying (and bitching). From an ownership perspective, they are still making money (not as much as they could obviously) but no one has shown me that by cutting everything with expiring contracts and starting over that you would make more money by doing so. As a fan, I hate it, but we have to deal with it.

haha, nice slip of "worth".

how can you be so sure people wont want to see building through the draft? I think that if they are willing to pay to see the complete and utter BS that we are putting on the floor now, surely they will pay to see a chicago bulls, or toronto raptors team, after all they are better teams than us, and have a brighter future.

[Edited by - slimpack on 02-25-2006 5:29 PM]
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/25/2006  5:46 PM
>>lets McDyess and Houston have healthy knees and go on to rip off several 50 win seasons. Does that make Layden's regime instantly better?

Let's have Quentin Richardson's brother NOT get murdered, with the entire (impressionable) team attending the funeral and facing their mortality at the start of the season

Let's have Marbury's shoulder NOT get smashed

once a knick always a knick
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
2/25/2006  6:22 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by simrud:

23 and under:

Could be, but if the rumors are true and Isiah is stockpiling talent in order to do a major trade for Garnett next year, and sends off Frye, can we still say we're rebuilding? I would have thought a rebuilding team would do trades for younger players and draft picks, not Stevie Franchise. I would think Frye would be a big piece of a team that's rebuilding.

https:// It's not so hard.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/25/2006  6:31 PM
Posted by misterearl:

>>lets McDyess and Houston have healthy knees and go on to rip off several 50 win seasons. Does that make Layden's regime instantly better?

Let's have Quentin Richardson's brother NOT get murdered, with the entire (impressionable) team attending the funeral and facing their mortality at the start of the season

Let's have Marbury's shoulder NOT get smashed

Give me a break you excuse making featherweight. My dad dropped dead right in front of me at 8 years old. Guess what, I had to go to school 3 days later. Don't blame stuff like that on the team performance, life has twists and turns. these are multi-millionaire's playing a game. regular people have to go back to their jobs which are likely 100 times more stressful. dont give me a sob storry about q rich and guys going to a funeral. its a horrible almost sinful excuse.

[Edited by - BRIGGS on 02-25-2006 6:32 PM]
RIP Crushalot😞
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/25/2006  8:34 PM
Briggs - it was a response to the parellel of McDyess and Houston not being injured

nothing more

as traumatic as your childhood experience must have been, it has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation about basketball comparisons

too many people use their unhappiness or personal angst to vent their rage over things they cannot control.. or things they hold deep resentment for

like the Knicks

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 02-25-2006 8:37 PM]

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 02-25-2006 8:37 PM]
once a knick always a knick
the chants have begun...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy