the chants have begun...
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/25/2006  12:16 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by misterearl:

fishmike - you are more than welcome to rehire Scott Layden, who is charting deflections for the Jazz

Nothing wrong with a truckload of revisionist history manure. Out of the former Knicks players you listed (Eisley, Ward, Harrington, Spoon, Kurt, Spree, Houston and Shandon Anderson), how many were Layden acquisitions?

It would be poetic justice to allow Layden the opportunity to undo Isiah's work in two years and make a championship run in half the time (four years) than he had to accomplish absolutely nothing

Bring back Layden

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 02-25-2006 10:13 AM]
who said bring back Layden? That was your comment, not mine. Speaking of manure, the whole point was that while Layden was regarded as the most inept GM the guy thats followed him is 1000 times worse

Do you really think Layden was better than Isiah....

Layden passed on Amare,....listen I can get into it...but please, act like people in this forum know what they are talking about please...

Layden will never work in another front office again.....

I am amazed he was hired in any team capacity....

he gave eisley 7 mil per and shandon the same......shandon is still on our books and next year too...

AUTOADVERT
MsBklynStyle
Member: #1080
USA
2/25/2006  12:17 PM
Posted by fishmike:

when the Knicks offer REFUNDS to season ticket holders I'm sure many will stay the F home. Otherwise thats the dumbest crap I have ever read.

I'm with you Fish...we paid for the tickets we aren't getting our money back so you might as well go.
You Play To Win The Game-Herman Edwards
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/25/2006  12:18 PM
Posted by fishmike:

when the Knicks offer REFUNDS to season ticket holders I'm sure many will stay the F home. Otherwise thats the dumbest crap I have ever read.

When your promised something and that promise falls far far far short your entitled to bitch about it. Thats life baby

Hey Earl... it IS their money.
What were you promised?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/25/2006  12:18 PM
lets McDyess and Houston have healthy knees and go on to rip off several 50 win seasons. Does that make Layden's regime instantly better?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
holfresh

2/25/2006  12:19 PM
Posted by fishmike:

lets McDyess and Houston have healthy knees and go on to rip off several 50 win seasons. Does that make Layden's regime instantly better?

U are dreaming

McK1
Member: #964
2/25/2006  12:40 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by fishmike:

U are dreaming

on paper

a starting 5 of Dyess Williams Houston KVH Doleac is a damn good starting 5 and much better TEAM foundation on both sides of the ball than anything Thomas has rolled out.

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
holfresh

2/25/2006  12:52 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by fishmike:

U are dreaming

on paper

a starting 5 of Dyess Williams Houston KVH Doleac is a damn good starting 5 and much better TEAM foundation on both sides of the ball than anything Thomas has rolled out.

U guys are not being realistic....Hell I wish H20 was here now, it would be a great help..
I wish McDyss never got injured.....What can I say....

But NONE of those guys are currently starting in the NBA right now...Just Kurt Thomas who is not on your list......When you say Williams...Do you mean Frank Williams? over Marbs?

McK1
2/25/2006  12:57 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by fishmike:

U are dreaming

on paper

U guys are not being realistic....Hell I wish H20 was here now, it would be a great help..

But NONE of those guys are currently starting in the NBA right now...Just Kurt Thomas who is not on your list......When you say Williams...Do you mean Frank Williams? over Marbs?

Williams was a team player and actually had leadership qualities.

Statbury is a selfish stiff.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/25/2006  1:00 PM
Look, nothing Layden did turned out to be good. And nobody is saying Layden is actually a better gm. But this is Isiah's team, and we are MUCH WORSE. At the time, even though we passed on Amare, which friggin' sucked, Layden say McDyess getting healthier after one bad season, and NOBODY knew he was gonna blow out his knee again in that pre season game. Heck, things were looking mighty promising with that very healthy Allan Houston who was about to have his career season. Allan would have scored 25 points per game if Dyess were healthy and the Knicks could have won maybe 50 games. But again, it didn't work out and it got worse. Than Isiah came, and anyone says that it got better hasn't been watching this basketball team.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/25/2006  1:04 PM
how big a difference is it to trade for a 20/10 PF coming off his first injury and only 2 years left on his deal at around $8 mil per than trading for a 23 year old center that's never lived up to potential, has major work ethic question marks, weight issues, and give up some unprotected picks and 2nd rounders (that everyone is not even mentioning) and give him a 5 year deal with $55 mil on top of it.

looks like layden took a safer risk, no?
holfresh

2/25/2006  1:06 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by fishmike:

U are dreaming

on paper

Williams was a team player and actually had leadership qualities.

Statbury is a selfish stiff.

FRANK WILLIAMS IS NOT IN THE NBA RIGHT NOW...MUCH LESS TALKING ABOUT HOW HE LOOKS ON PAPER..
holfresh

2/25/2006  1:10 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Look, nothing Layden did turned out to be good. And nobody is saying Layden is actually a better gm. But this is Isiah's team, and we are MUCH WORSE. At the time, even though we passed on Amare, which friggin' sucked, Layden say McDyess getting healthier after one bad season, and NOBODY knew he was gonna blow out his knee again in that pre season game. Heck, things were looking mighty promising with that very healthy Allan Houston who was about to have his career season. Allan would have scored 25 points per game if Dyess were healthy and the Knicks could have won maybe 50 games. But again, it didn't work out and it got worse. Than Isiah came, and anyone says that it got better hasn't been watching this basketball team.

Thats the problem ...You can't trade the seventh pick and Camby(who should be an allstar)for a guy who was out for a year and a half with a knew problem...Heck we don't want to give a bag of balls for KMart right now.....Do you know what the Knicks would look like with Amare and Camby and more draft picks????
bigbeast
Member: #1060

2/25/2006  1:11 PM
The collection of individual Talent that Isiah has assmbled is far better than what Layden has assembled. I think that was the plan all along, to acquire enough tradeable assets.

Look, this is only yr 2. What Isiah just sat back and let the contracts expire. That team (we'd still have shandon Anderson and bunch of other bums) would still be just as bad as This team. The difference is, this team has assets which can be traded and turned into a star player to name a few.

Getting under the cap only allows you to sign FA's. Who exactly would the Knicks have signed this summer? Fred Jones? John Salmons? Print up the play off tickest now!

Yopu kidding yourselves if you believed Lebron ain't resigning with is hometown Cavs. Melo already said he's staying in Denver.

Isiah said he is rebuilding in an unusual way. We've never seen this type of rebuilding before. Peoples first reaction to anything new is to hate it.

Isiah has sacrificed team chemistry (and wins) for the ability to acquire moveable pieces. In a normal rebuild, you sacrifice wins as well while waiting for contracts to expire. Whats the difference? At least lets see what he does this summer before we condemn him competelt!
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
holfresh

2/25/2006  1:13 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

how big a difference is it to trade for a 20/10 PF coming off his first injury and only 2 years left on his deal at around $8 mil per than trading for a 23 year old center that's never lived up to potential, has major work ethic question marks, weight issues, and give up some unprotected picks and 2nd rounders (that everyone is not even mentioning) and give him a 5 year deal with $55 mil on top of it.

looks like layden took a safer risk, no?

Layden and Checketts are the reason why we are where we are.......

Name one good deal made or draft pick made by Layden....JUST ONE....

bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
2/25/2006  1:17 PM
Cmon buddy.

It's not like Isiah has made the situation that much better.

Sure we have players with more individual talent, but all of them can't mesh together.

None of them know what it's like to make the extra pass or hustle for a rebound or put in the extra effort on defense.

I mean, think about it, Marbury is JUST showing he can play some D, and he's 30.

How awesome would it be if on draft night the fans chanted "Bring Back Layden!"

Haha. Poetic justice.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
McK1
2/25/2006  1:17 PM
noone said Layden was a good GM.

Isiah has just completed the cycle of destroying the franchise for a decade.
bigbeast
Member: #1060

2/25/2006  1:23 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

Cmon buddy.

It's not like Isiah has made the situation that much better.

Sure we have players with more individual talent, but all of them can't mesh together.

None of them know what it's like to make the extra pass or hustle for a rebound or put in the extra effort on defense.

I mean, think about it, Marbury is JUST showing he can play some D, and he's 30.

How awesome would it be if on draft night the fans chanted "Bring Back Layden!"

Haha. Poetic justice.

Its not about meshing. Obviously he's sacrificing wins while he acquire's indivudual talent that can be moved this summer. In normal rebuild you sacrifice wins to get under the cap to make the same major moves Isiah is about to make. Whats the difference?
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/25/2006  1:26 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

The collection of individual Talent that Isiah has assmbled is far better than what Layden has assembled. I think that was the plan all along, to acquire enough tradeable assets.

Look, this is only yr 2. What Isiah just sat back and let the contracts expire. That team (we'd still have shandon Anderson and bunch of other bums) would still be just as bad as This team. The difference is, this team has assets which can be traded and turned into a star player to name a few.

Getting under the cap only allows you to sign FA's. Who exactly would the Knicks have signed this summer? Fred Jones? John Salmons? Print up the play off tickest now!

Yopu kidding yourselves if you believed Lebron ain't resigning with is hometown Cavs. Melo already said he's staying in Denver.

Isiah said he is rebuilding in an unusual way. We've never seen this type of rebuilding before. Peoples first reaction to anything new is to hate it.

Isiah has sacrificed team chemistry (and wins) for the ability to acquire moveable pieces. In a normal rebuild, you sacrifice wins as well while waiting for contracts to expire. Whats the difference? At least lets see what he does this summer before we condemn him competelt!

we're not rebuilding, and we dont have tradeable assets.
holfresh

2/25/2006  1:26 PM
Posted by McK1:

noone said Layden was a good GM.

Isiah has just completed the cycle of destroying the franchise for a decade.

Yes they did, they even had a roster with williams at the point guard that is better...

By the way, the Knick will be under the cap in 09-10...that's not exactly a decade...

holfresh

2/25/2006  1:27 PM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by bigbeast:

we're not rebuilding, and we dont have tradeable assets.

We were rebuilding b4 Larry started trading...

the chants have begun...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy