[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Francis is going to make a difference here!
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/25/2006  11:11 AM
If they can put aside their egos, I am sure a Marbury/Francis tandem will be fine together. They both need to D up at all times/costs and needs to get the big men involved. I am sure the offense will be fine if this happens. BIG IF! However, I see no reason to question the fact about Francis playing hard. He always has, and has played as hard as Marbury does. But DJ is right, let's see how things are a year from now.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
BigC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #829
2/25/2006  11:15 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

francis will make a huge difference here....just like steph did when he first got here and bdiddy did when he first got to golden state. then after 2 months and a summer, it kind of started getting WORSE.

it's been one game. let's see how this plays out before we say what francis can and can't do here.

Francis is a big difference from Marbury!

Francis rebounds better than probably every other point guard and shooting guard in the league Marbury does not!
Francis is normally well liked by his teammates. You can't say the same for Marbury!
Francis has hit clutch shots throughout his career. Marbury only has game winners that you can count on your four fingers.
Francis encourages his teammates when they are down.

Francis also can run the break and play the halfcourt.
Francis also plays with high energy every night and Marbury does not!

If you want to say Marbury and Francis are overpaid I will give you that. If you want to say they both dribble too much I will give you that.

However two different players. Just because things look bad for Marbury does not mean it will be the same with Francis.

BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/25/2006  11:19 AM
Posted by BigC:
Posted by djsunyc:

francis will make a huge difference here....just like steph did when he first got here and bdiddy did when he first got to golden state. then after 2 months and a summer, it kind of started getting WORSE.

it's been one game. let's see how this plays out before we say what francis can and can't do here.

Francis rebounds better than probably every other point guard and shooting guard in the league Marbury does not!
Francis is normally well liked by his teammates. You can't say the same for Marbury!
Francis has hit clutch shots throughout his career. Marbury only has game winners that you can count on your four fingers.

If you want to say Marbury and Francis are overpaid I will give you that. If you want to say they both dribble too much I will give you that.

However two different players. Just because things look bad for Marbury does not mean it will be the same with Francis.

big c - one can not say that francis is a big difference b/c the end result is the same, a loss.

we have to WAIT and SEE what francis' impact on the team really is and it ain't gonna be told over the next 28 games. we need to see what it's like NEXT YEAR if he's still around.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/25/2006  11:24 AM
There was a few stretches during the game where Larry to a 3guard lineup of Marbury/Francis/Jalen where I really thought the ball movement was vastly improved. Marbury and Stevie were both making the extra passes and each one seemed to want get the ball to the other in a great position to score. Theres a chance that this might work out well.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BigC
2/25/2006  11:34 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by BigC:
Posted by djsunyc:

big c - one can not say that francis is a big difference b/c the end result is the same, a loss.

we have to WAIT and SEE what francis' impact on the team really is and it ain't gonna be told over the next 28 games. we need to see what it's like NEXT YEAR if he's still around.

All good point as usual DJ!
Normal I am skepical about every move that has been made, but Francis being here I like. You are right we have to wait and see. I am tried of having guys that don't have confidence in themselves or don't want to take the big shot. Francis comes with energy and can be positive to his teammates.

[Edited by - BigC on 02-25-2006 11:36 AM]
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
BigC
2/25/2006  11:36 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:

There was a few stretches during the game where Larry to a 3guard lineup of Marbury/Francis/Jalen where I really thought the ball movement was vastly improved. Marbury and Stevie were both making the extra passes and each one seemed to want get the ball to the other in a great position to score. Theres a chance that this might work out well.

Yes it can work, but Larry has to make plays to adjust to the players around him and the players have to want to make it work.
Time for a new playbook and attitude from the players.

[Edited by - BigC on 02-25-2006 11:37 AM]
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
2/25/2006  11:43 AM
well...francis attitude was great throughout the night, he was talking to players while on the floor telling them where to be and what to do....i only saw stephon do that a couple of times....but im still a fan of both....if this thing truly works out....we will be happy to witness it
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/25/2006  1:41 PM
He sure made a lot of difference his 1st game in. I mean gettin blown out by 20 was sure fun.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/25/2006  1:47 PM
we need shooters for these 2 to be effective
Francis is going to make a difference here!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy