[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT- The best story in sports so far this year.
Author Thread
ultknicks524
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #889
2/24/2006  5:51 PM
www.cbsnews.com

Click on highschool hero.
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/24/2006  6:04 PM
It's lil David Lee!!!

What a great story! I highly recommend it!
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/24/2006  6:14 PM
That was pretty cool. I feel great for that kid. It's the type of story that makes you say, "Wow, if something that amazing can happen, maybe Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury might play well together."
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
oohah
Member: #887
2/24/2006  6:30 PM
Great Story.

I experienced something similar.

There was an autistic kid who used to hang around a gym I played in. Even though he was about 6'1" Nobody ever put him on their team unless they needed one person for 5 on 5. When he did play, nobody ever passed to him and he really did not understand how to play defense or rebound, he just kind of stood around and watched.

One day he asked to play on my team with some of my buddies, and I let him play because I hated it when I was growing up and I couldn't get on a team unless I had next.

We actually passed him the ball while he floated out on the perimeter, and as it turned out, he could shoot a set shot all the way out to the college three point line. When he was open, he was money.

Over the next few weeks, I played with him quite frequently. He still didn't play defense or rebound, but he hit a lot of game winners for us because nobody ever guarded him, and he began to move around while he played.

We dubbed him the "Silent Assassin".

Then one day in a very intense game that established gym bragging rights, he hit 6 shots to win, three from deep in the corner. But the one bucket that really blew my mind was the winner: He ran in, got the offensive rebound among guys who were bigger than him, shot a set-shot straight up in the air and it dropped right through the hoop!

It was magic, I'll never forget that game or the Silent Assassin.

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 02-24-2006 6:31 PM]
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/24/2006  6:41 PM
good story oohah. good read too. Are you a writer?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
oohah
Member: #887
2/24/2006  7:00 PM
good story oohah. good read too. Are you a writer?

No, but perhaps someday I will be...

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
OT- The best story in sports so far this year.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy