[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Shouldn't Denver & Utah be elite teams right now.
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/27/2006  12:20 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BRIGGS:

What does Francis have to do with this?

because you're harping on all the extra money Isiah's taken on in his deals... you didn't have a problem w/it when we were discussing the Francis deal last week... i thought it was all about gathering tradeable assets? isn't that what you were saying a few days ago?

I have no problem with the steve francis trade, i mean who would? compare it to what we gave up for curry or marbury. we have 0 for a 2G we had a need and getting steve francis for nothing makes sense--spending 17mm on jalen rose? no sense unless it was toronto's pick. as a fan i dont care anymore because we got something, but really it was a crp deal UNLESS the pick ended up top 10 or so which it wont.

right now id be out trying to shop marbury crawford Q and Curry and thats all. No Kenyon Martin's no al harrington--i need to rid myself of this litter box and I dont want isiah doing it

i proposed it a while back, but if i could trade Marbury for KMart right now, i would... i understand your points about taking on money, & you're right in principle... but our current situation limits the types of moves we make... i think the best we can hope for is to make a move to improve the overall team chemistry... i think getting rid of Marbury & adding a passionate, defensive minded player like KMart would do that... outside of a fantasy KG trade, i don't see many other options for us at this point to make good of this current roster... i'm not interested in taking on Ratliff & Miles, because there's little upside to making a move to acquire those players... i think KMart can make a definite impact, & now that we have another star PG in Francis, i think getting rid of Marbury will have a positive effect on Q Rich & some of the other players too.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/27/2006  12:25 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BRIGGS:

What does Francis have to do with this?

because you're harping on all the extra money Isiah's taken on in his deals... you didn't have a problem w/it when we were discussing the Francis deal last week... i thought it was all about gathering tradeable assets? isn't that what you were saying a few days ago?

I have no problem with the steve francis trade, i mean who would? compare it to what we gave up for curry or marbury. we have 0 for a 2G we had a need and getting steve francis for nothing makes sense--spending 17mm on jalen rose? no sense unless it was toronto's pick. as a fan i dont care anymore because we got something, but really it was a crp deal UNLESS the pick ended up top 10 or so which it wont.

right now id be out trying to shop marbury crawford Q and Curry and thats all. No Kenyon Martin's no al harrington--i need to rid myself of this litter box and I dont want isiah doing it

i proposed it a while back, but if i could trade Marbury for KMart right now, i would... i understand your points about taking on money, & you're right in principle... but our current situation limits the types of moves we make... i think the best we can hope for is to make a move to improve the overall team chemistry... i think getting rid of Marbury & adding a passionate, defensive minded player like KMart would do that... outside of a fantasy KG trade, i don't see many other options for us at this point to make good of this current roster... i'm not interested in taking on Ratliff & Miles, because there's little upside to making a move to acquire those players... i think KMart can make a definite impact, & now that we have another star PG in Francis, i think getting rid of Marbury will have a positive effect on Q Rich & some of the other players too.

I dont want Kenyon Martin personally, for obvious reasons. I would trade Marbury for eddie jones.
RIP Crushalot😞
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
2/27/2006  12:36 PM
Denver has had some really bad luck with injuries Nene, Camby (i guess not really), K-Mart, Lenard.....they did make some mistakes, could have had Amare and T-Prince, and Arenas instead of Nene, Skita (horrible pick) amd Miller

But Orlando is in business, the Grizzles had some bad luck with a draft pick otherwise West would have had them as a force, but what it comes down to is there are a lot of people that are not qualified to do the job and look at individual talent instead of collective talent.....

Sixers have a terrible GM he gives an extension to anyone and should not be employed, Atlanta has a terrible GM, the Blazers, the Knicks, the Magic did last year, the Raptors had one it has nothing to do with cap space a lot of these players don't have the stomach to man up and play in a big market, the bulls had no chance to get a great free agent because of their management.....

If Denver was healthy they would be close to elite but I know what your saying Miller needs to be in a conservative offense and they have no shooting guard they should have thrown more money at Ginobli
edsonline
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #735
2/27/2006  1:15 PM
WOW!!! This is one of the most intelligient and accurate posts that I have EVER seen ANYWHERE. You are right on the money with all of this. PREACH BROTHER!!
Shouldn't Denver & Utah be elite teams right now.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy