[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Did Frank Isola Talk With Anyone Besides Islesfan?
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
2/24/2006  4:03 PM
>>Knicks fans may be losing faith in Isiah Thomas, but he still has the support of the person whose opinion matters most - at least to his job security - Garden chairman James Dolan.

Then

From my man kingston-ave in another parallel Knicks Universe

(a thousand pardons for the bootleg post, but it wasworth every word)

Here's your starters after 2 years of dancing the Zeke shuffle...

Stephon Marbury
Steve Francis
Jalen Rose
Channing Frye
Eddie Curry

with Crawford, Q Rich, Lee off the bench.

two #1 picks this year and more attractive expiring deals dangling.

It won't be long. We've suffered this long out of the play-offs and the forum is on suicide watch.

At the rate Zeke is adding talent to this team it's just a matter of time that Brown starts getting thru or Zeke finds the right mix.

Our frontcourt is young and our backcourt will need to learn to play with 1 basketball. But damn there's plenty of talent!

If these guys won't form a team do we have any doubts Zeke will move them?

I haven't been on board with all of Zeke's moves but at the end of the day you have to respect that Zeke won't sit back and release comments like, "we like our team", and stand pat.

Instead he'll admit to being embarrassed by the losing and relentlessly continue to re-shuffle his deck until winning basketball is restored at MSG.

Let's at least see the flop before folding this hand fellas...

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2006  4:16 PM
like I said... you watch BB. Who rebounds? Who defends? Who's tough on that team? What are Rose and Francis and Marbury doing when the ball isnt in their hands? Are they setting screens and picks? Crashing the boards? Your right.. there's talent there. There was also talent on the Rangers teams 3-4 years ago and they were among the worst in the NHL. Hey.. I hope they prove me wrong, I REALLY do.

Its funny how a star player like Isiah who played on title teams with guys like Mahorn, Rodman, Lambier and Sally has assembled such a soft group of mentally weak cry babies.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
misterearl
USA
2/24/2006  4:18 PM
fishmike - you REALLY think Isiah is all done with his Extreme Knicks Maekeover?

C'mon, wake up and smell the Peppermint Tea

He's just getting warmed up
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/24/2006  4:21 PM
Getting warmed up is spending 2+years on the job and producing a 15-38 team without its #1 for the next 2 years????
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/24/2006  4:41 PM
Posted by Marv:

Getting warmed up is spending 2+years on the job and producing a 15-38 team without its #1 for the next 2 years????

yeah, that's the basis of it. The reason Dallas could afford to have a $100 million payroll with spare guys like Jamison and Toine Walker making the max is because they had a SYSTEM in place, a style of play and an identity.

My biggest problem with what Isiah and particularly Larry have done this year: what the hell is our identity? What is our system? Before you can go out and get major additions that make sense, you have to know what you want. The style of play we run seems to change every team a sexy new name pops up on the market. Curry comes and all of the sudden we spend half the first and third quarter throwing the ball into the post or turning it over trying to do so. Now, with Francis, we're leaning towards run and gun again, so it SEEMS. Who really knows. Two months ago we were starting Nate, Marbury, Lee, AD, Curry. It was a defensive lineup that could get out and run. We had a semi-decent anchor in AD.

Now, we have no anchor, no defense (Marbury and Francis are our best defenders, and they're nice, average defenders but what does that tell you about EVERYONE else?) and presumably we'll be a run and gun team, but probably not with Larry's stubborness and our inability to get stops or keep turnovers and fouls down. So we have a run and gun roster with the ultimate half-court, defense loving coach. It's gonna be ugly and it doesn't make sense to anyone in the league. Prepare for lots of Malik Rose at small forward when we SHOULD be running three guard sets all night and forcing people to guard us.

That's why every is rightly giving Isiah a hard time - it's a nice collection of talent, but obviously it hasn't worked so far and now with Francis we've taken on another huge project of making two guards who NEED the ball in their hands to be effective and seeing if it flies. There's no lotto pick waiting at the end if the project fails, only more failed promises and dubious hopes that WE'LL be the ones to land KG. Dr. Buss (Lakers owner) has already spoken to Wolves owner Glen Taylor to arrange a meeting with Garnett this summer. I'd give the Lakers the lead in acquring KG. They have Odom and Bynum to offer, which is as good or better than anything we can offer.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
USA
2/24/2006  4:51 PM
Marv said it. What kind of team are we trying to build? What style of play is our goal? What we have is a bunch of career losers collecting fat paychecks and a GM paying his $10mm a year coach can fix it all. Earl... I do believe it is you that needs to wake up. We have no ZERO direction and the plan changes every draft, every offseason and every trade deadline.

I know what I see
s3231
Member: #544
USA
2/24/2006  5:06 PM
If Isiah has a plan, its basically like a screwed up blueprint of what the Mavs did except they were able to still win with the talented guys they added while our guys will just decrease in value if we can't win. This means that there won't be a Shaq type of deal where we trade 2 or 3 talented guys for a superstar (in this case KG) unless somehow hell freezes over and we start winning.

I think its hard to dislike the Francis deal individually because of what we gave up. But if Isiah does have a plan, it depends on a miracle (aka us getting Garnett) making it a really bad plan.

"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/24/2006  5:23 PM
The real problem is too many armchair GMs looking into a cracked crystal ball.

Isiah has a plan, and the sensible thing ito do is WAIT until the moves are made to bring it into fruition. All the knee-jerk reactions and conspiracy theories from the media and fair weather fans add up to nada in the long run.

Frank Arse-Ola is just another hater (especially since he's still hurt over the egg on his face from the "Frattello will be coach" prediction).
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
TymeLessKnicks
Member: #1050
Sweden
2/24/2006  5:55 PM
i think we need to give this new team atleast another 5 games to see anything close to where we can be from here forward. i will be watching very intently tonight as i am hoping the knicks slowly start to reveal wat style of basketball they are going to play.
Had enough Melo?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/24/2006  6:04 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

The real problem is too many armchair GMs looking into a cracked crystal ball.

Isiah has a plan, and the sensible thing ito do is WAIT until the moves are made to bring it into fruition. All the knee-jerk reactions and conspiracy theories from the media and fair weather fans add up to nada in the long run.

Frank Arse-Ola is just another hater (especially since he's still hurt over the egg on his face from the "Frattello will be coach" prediction).

What's the plan, then? Are we still going with the kids or are we packaging them for KG this summer? Because Isiah made a big deal about how they didn't have to give up the kids yesterday. Will they still be saying that this summer, or will Isiah give up Frye for Kmart once it becomes clear KG is going to LA?

Tell, me, please, what's the plan? What style of play will this team use? Are we keeping Marbury or Francis or both? Tell me. And while you're at it, tell Zeke who has already said he doesn't know if they CAN keep both, but they're going to TRY it because nothing else has worked, because "it's so crazy, it just might work."

edit: I'm not angry because they haven't followed MY plan, I just want to see a consistent plan executed and no one can say we've seen that. Last season Ariza was golden child, a big part of the plan supposedly, today he's gone, people act like we didn't even use an asset. Stick to a plan or we will be perpetually rebuilding as the payroll skyrockets.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 02-24-2006 6:05 PM]
¿ △ ?
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
2/24/2006  6:27 PM
The team and Zeke need more than five games, they need the summer too - Like Earl said, he's just warming up...and like HArdcore said, we don't have a crystal ball - although we'd love to!
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
fishmike
USA
2/24/2006  7:05 PM
the plan is trade expiring contracts and draft picks for the best player available at the time regardless, and see what happens in a couple years.
misterearl
USA
2/25/2006  7:36 AM
>>What's the plan, then?

crzy - to keep the "plan" an internal matter so deals can be made

Unless you think printing a "syllabus" in the media guide would help things

Party on!

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 02-25-2006 07:37 AM]
Did Frank Isola Talk With Anyone Besides Islesfan?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy