[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

does getting kg or jermaine justify everything?
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/24/2006  3:11 PM
he's going to get a max extension no matter where he goes, & he still has 3 more years left on his current deal... also, Steve Francis & Stephon Marbury may be overpaid, but scrubs? aren't you going overboard in your assessment?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/24/2006  3:13 PM
Posted by BigC:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by BigC:

The Nets will also be after KG.
They scare me. They will give up Jeffersion and find an expiring contract and a pick. Hopefully they wont find an expiring contract and/or a pick.

Exactly!

The Nets make moves quietly. Then before you know it, they have a superstar. The Nets have been wanting KG since Kmart was here. What makes people think KG would want to play with Marbury who he does not get along with rather than Kidd and Vince?

Who can they offer?...RJ and draft picks?

RJ might be making too much money?

I just don't see the Nets getting another Vinsanity type fleecing again...

Beside, Bobcoc isn't employed by Minny.....

ultknicks524
Member: #889
2/24/2006  3:14 PM
RJ, Krstic, Wright and the 2 first rounders.

But the picks suck.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/24/2006  3:26 PM
Posted by TMS:

he's going to get a max extension no matter where he goes, & he still has 3 more years left on his current deal... also, Steve Francis & Stephon Marbury may be overpaid, but scrubs? aren't you going overboard in your assessment?

Minnesota would be crazy to take on either of those contracts when they can have 2 lottery picks, gordon, deng and chandler. That team would have a much better chance of developing into a winner than a team with stephon marbury or steve francis as it's best player and it would save Minnesota a ton of money and unlimited capspace to use on free agents. Now they might not be able to get the best free agent to go play there but they'll they've be able to sign plenty of good ones to add to that young core. Adding 30+ marbury or francis would not be a good idea. The only way it'll work is if KG forces a trade to NY and they have to take Marbury back. I hope it works out for us but I'm not going to be banking on it like I would if Isiah didn't trade the chip that would've easily guaranteed us KG. Maybe our Frye package would be good enough to get J'Neal, that would be nice

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02-24-2006 3:29 PM]
BigC
Member: #829
2/24/2006  3:28 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BigC:

I don't see us getting KG. There will be thousands of teams that will go after KG. What makes us more desirable than let's say the Bulls? They could offer a better package and KG is from Chicago. The Nets will also be after KG.

i keep telling you, it's up to KG to dictate where he will want to go... whether CHI has better assets to offer doesn't mean anything... if he doesn't ask to be traded, he won't get traded... if he does ask to be traded, he's going to want to go to a team where there will be talent around him to be a contender... who will CHI have left to make KG want to go there? Andres Nocioni? Mike Sweetney? Kirk Hinrich? please... that's not happening.

the Nets i will give you as long as Kidd & Vince are still there... RJ, Krstic & a couple picks could get it done, if KG decides NJ is where he wants to go.

this is a similar situation to what happened when T-Mac asked out of ORL, or when Shaq asked out of LA... the only teams that will be in serious running to get KG if he decides he wants out of MIN will be NY & the Lakers imho... perhaps DAL if they're willing to give up Dirk, but i doubt that would happen.

[Edited by - TMS on 02-24-2006 3:04 PM]

Good points!

However Chicago could offer their #1 round draft picks, Hinrich, Othello Harrington, Nocioni, Eric Piatkowski all expiring contracts.Maybe even Chandler if Minny is interested Let's not forget tha KG is from Chicago.

Also who's to say that KG would not ask to play on the Nets with Kidd and Vince?

I think the Nets will make a good offer. The Nets are also winning games which you can't say for us right now

BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/24/2006  3:29 PM
I'd rather keep Frye and trade Curry.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

2/24/2006  3:30 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by TMS:

Minnesota would be crazy to take on either of those contracts when they can have 2 lottery picks, gordon, deng and chandler. That team would have a much better chance of developing into a winner than a team with stephon marbury or steve francis as it's best player and it would save Minnesota a ton of money and unlimited capspace to use on free agents. Now they might not be able to get the best free agent to go play there but they'll they've be able to sign plenty of good ones to add to that young core. Adding 30+ marbury or francis would not be a good idea. The only way it'll work is if KG forces a trade to NY and they have to take Marbury back.

Good point Guns- Chicago does have more to offer, but why would Garnett want to go Chicago after they traded half there tea for him. He mind as well stay in Minny because neither would have a chance.

He would have to forces his way into NY, and if he does, I doubt Minny would want any bloated contracts back. Rose, Frye and picks could be a start.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
gunsnewing
USA
2/24/2006  3:32 PM
Posted by BigC:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BigC:

I don't see us getting KG. There will be thousands of teams that will go after KG. What makes us more desirable than let's say the Bulls? They could offer a better package and KG is from Chicago. The Nets will also be after KG.

i keep telling you, it's up to KG to dictate where he will want to go... whether CHI has better assets to offer doesn't mean anything... if he doesn't ask to be traded, he won't get traded... if he does ask to be traded, he's going to want to go to a team where there will be talent around him to be a contender... who will CHI have left to make KG want to go there? Andres Nocioni? Mike Sweetney? Kirk Hinrich? please... that's not happening.

the Nets i will give you as long as Kidd & Vince are still there... RJ, Krstic & a couple picks could get it done, if KG decides NJ is where he wants to go.

this is a similar situation to what happened when T-Mac asked out of ORL, or when Shaq asked out of LA... the only teams that will be in serious running to get KG if he decides he wants out of MIN will be NY & the Lakers imho... perhaps DAL if they're willing to give up Dirk, but i doubt that would happen.

Good points!

However Chicago could offer their #1 round draft picks, Hinrich, Othello Harrington, Nocioni, Eric Piatkowski all expiring contracts.Maybe even Chandler if Minny is interested Let's not forget tha KG is from Chicago.

Also who's to say that KG would not ask to play on the Nets with Kidd and Vince?

I think the Nets will make a good offer. The Nets are also winning games which you can't say for us right now

great points.

Chicago & NJ are in much better shape than us to land KG. Hopefully if can at least wind get Jermaine
gunsnewing
USA
2/24/2006  3:34 PM
Posted by bigbeast:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by TMS:

Minnesota would be crazy to take on either of those contracts when they can have 2 lottery picks, gordon, deng and chandler. That team would have a much better chance of developing into a winner than a team with stephon marbury or steve francis as it's best player and it would save Minnesota a ton of money and unlimited capspace to use on free agents. Now they might not be able to get the best free agent to go play there but they'll they've be able to sign plenty of good ones to add to that young core. Adding 30+ marbury or francis would not be a good idea. The only way it'll work is if KG forces a trade to NY and they have to take Marbury back.

Good point Guns- Chicago does have more to offer, but why would Garnett want to go Chicago after they traded half there tea for him. He mind as well stay in Minny because neither would have a chance.

He would have to forces his way into NY, and if he does, I doubt Minny would want any bloated contracts back. Rose, Frye and picks could be a start.

**** ur right KG will be a Net!
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
2/24/2006  3:35 PM
I think a KG trade will be a lot like the Shaq trade. Minnesota won't get equal value, but they'll try. Yes they need expirings but they also need guys with talent. Minnesota need IMO to get all the cap relief + a young prospect + a proven NBA star, or at least near-star level player. The Lakers got this with for Shaq, with Grant (expiring/cap fodder) Butler (prospect), and Odom (near-all star)

The Knicks can offer expirings + Frye and take back all the junk (Jaric, etc) as well, but where is the 3rd piece of the deal, an at least marginal all star level player? A proven, yet young veteran that Minny can rebuild around? Francis? Q? Please. Craw? Don't make me laugh. Curry? Maybe, but then you're back to the question of whether Frye + Curry is too much for a 30 yo with a lot of NBA mileage?

This piece will be important to Minnesota because there's not a lot left on that team besides KG. At least the Lakers had Kobe and could picture rebuilding around Kobe, Odom, and Butler (even though it didn't work out) Yes, Minny would be under the cap if they made this trade, but Minnesota post-KG dosen't have a lot to attract top level FA's with. Who's gonna sign on to join Frye, McCants, and Ricky Davis in 2007?

BigC
Member: #829
2/24/2006  3:36 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by BigC:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BigC:

Good points!

great points.

Chicago & NJ are in much better shape than us to land KG. Hopefully if can at least wind get Jermaine

I think J Oneal might be more reasonable to get. The Pacers are rumored to be getting tired of him being injuried all the time and the Pacers still are competitive now with him being off the court. If we do go after J Oneal you better believe Frye will be included in that package.

BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
bigbeast

2/24/2006  3:39 PM
Posted by BigC:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BigC:

Good points!

Frye is better than everyone of those players you named from Chicago. Plus Frye is only making 2 mil per. Rose's contract probably eqauls all of those expiring deals from chicago combined. And i doubt Minny would take back Chandlers long contract.

You are right about the Nets being a problem though. But it depends on Minny's agenda. Jefferson is owed alot of money. Plus, is he really that good or a product of Kidd. Minny moght just want to salary dump and build with a kidd (Frye) who has a tremendous upside.
gunsnewing
USA
2/24/2006  3:45 PM
if the Knicks are smart forward thinkers Frye better start and see 38mins a night without fouling out from here on out. but why are we even trading him if he's going to be that good?
bigbeast

2/24/2006  3:51 PM
Who knows how good Frye will be. But we know how good KG is now. Trading for him is an indication that the Knicks are going for the chip. Thats why I would consider trying to aquire Odom for francis if we could get KG.

Knicks would trading Fryes potential for a potential Chip within the nxt three years.
ultknicks524
Member: #889
2/24/2006  4:14 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

Plus, is he really that good or a product of Kidd. Minny moght just want to salary dump and build with a kidd (Frye) who has a tremendous upside.

Jefferson is 3 years older than Frye. Its not like he is 29-30.

[Edited by - ultknicks524 on 02-24-2006 4:15 PM]
tkf
Member: #87
2/24/2006  4:15 PM
To set the record straight, KG IS NOT from chicago, he is from greenville South carolina. I know, I have family there, who knew him....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Member: #87
2/24/2006  4:27 PM
Posted by bigbeast:
Posted by BigC:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BigC:

Good points!

Frye is better than everyone of those players you named from Chicago. Plus Frye is only making 2 mil per. Rose's contract probably eqauls all of those expiring deals from chicago combined. And i doubt Minny would take back Chandlers long contract.

You are right about the Nets being a problem though. But it depends on Minny's agenda. Jefferson is owed alot of money. Plus, is he really that good or a product of Kidd. Minny moght just want to salary dump and build with a kidd (Frye) who has a tremendous upside.

I agree, I mean are people here now saying you build a winner around deng who is a decent talent but not special and gordon who is a undersized tweener? the two lottery picks have value, but look at the lottery? anyone in the lottery you would take over frye and possibly two later picks? I don't think so...

Heck if we wanted to throw in francis to help sell tickets, that might sweeten the pot enough... along with the expiring of rose, who can still play at a high level....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
realhiphop
Member: #533
2/24/2006  4:32 PM
Getting O'Neal is a question mark for me. Especially now that his team can compete without him.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/24/2006  4:46 PM
KG is going to LA. The Pacers will never deal with us to trade JO.

next.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/24/2006  4:49 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

How about this lineup:

Marbury or Francis (one of them traded to Lakers)
Mike James (signs MLE)
Odom
Garnett
Curry

This boggles my mind. Why on earth would the Lakers want Francis? Kobe dominates the perimeter, Francis would be USELESS there.

Also, Toronto has cap room and will probably go slightly over the MLE to re-sign Mike James.

Also, if the Lakers were going to trade Odom, wouldn't it make more sense to offer Odom and Bynum for KG? Doesn't KG and Kobe sound a LITTLE better than Francis and Kobe. Other teams do not exist to make us better. If anything, we exist to make other teams better.

¿ △ ?
does getting kg or jermaine justify everything?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy