[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

does getting kg or jermaine justify everything?
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/24/2006  12:20 PM
at the end of the day, by training camp, if this is our starting lineup:

marbury
francis
quentin
kg or j.o.
curry

would everything isiah did, all the moves, all the coaching changes, all the money spent be justified? in essence, that lineup will probably cost us most of our picks through 2010 and leaves us with only the MLE to make moves.

will isiah be justified? will you be happy as a fan?
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/24/2006  12:22 PM
yes
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
2/24/2006  12:25 PM
yes
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

2/24/2006  12:27 PM
How about this lineup:

Marbury or Francis (one of them traded to Lakers)
Mike James (signs MLE)
Odom
Garnett
Curry
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/24/2006  2:33 PM
LMAO will who be satisfied? The real fans who sincerely care about this team, yes. However, the ones crying now always will find something to cry about, even if we get KG or JO.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/24/2006  2:36 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

LMAO will who be satisfied? The real fans who sincerely care about this team, yes. However, the ones crying now always will find something to cry about, even if we get KG or JO.

hardcore, we're 15-38. we've been under .500 for a long long time. we've been under .400 for a long long time. what exactly is there to be satisfied about? as a fan, what can you really say is satisfying about the team when you KNOW they will trade frye for kg in a millisecond.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/24/2006  2:36 PM
yes
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
knixphan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #258
Switzerland
2/24/2006  2:39 PM
The process is now underway - the one that should have begun right after Ewing's departure (actually should have started with Ewing's contract coming off the books, but whatever...) So this season's record is of little consequence to me personally, since there is obviously GM homework going on, that will carry through to the summer - next year's lineup will be interesting to see, once summer trades are done.

[Edited by - knixphan on 02-24-2006 2:40 PM]
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
TMS
USA
2/24/2006  2:48 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

hardcore, we're 15-38. we've been under .500 for a long long time. we've been under .400 for a long long time. what exactly is there to be satisfied about? as a fan, what can you really say is satisfying about the team when you KNOW they will trade frye for kg in a millisecond.

there's nothing satisfying about this team right now... you asked if we'd be satisfied if we were able to trade our assets for KG... several of us say yes, we would... the best chance this franchise EVER had to get a stud like KG was when Layden passed up Amare Stoudamire in the draft & pulled the trigger on the McDyess trade instead (taking Nene & packaging him along w/Camby to get Gimpy McKnee)... since then, our only other shot to get a player of KG's calibre was to tank the season completely when Lebron was coming out of HS (which if you remember, i was all in favor of, even though plenty of people were killing that idea too)... let's face it, you can never realistically expect to get a player of KG's talent under normal circumstances... the mere fact that we're even talking about the possibility right now is encouraging... it means we have some desirable assets that teams will be interested in during the offseason... it's not the end product by any stretch... why people continue to moan & groan about the roster when this is clearly still a work in progress is beyond me... the losses are painful to watch, no question, but i'm still holding onto hope for next season... if nothing changes by then, then i'll be in the boat w/you concerning Isiah Thomas
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
2/24/2006  2:52 PM
Posted by TMS:

i'm still holding onto hope for next season... if nothing changes by then, then i'll be in the boat w/you concerning Isiah Thomas

yup, i give isiah until he moves jalen+moT. if the team is still a mess and has a long way to go from that point then it may be time to axe isiah.
BigC
Member: #829
2/24/2006  2:54 PM
I don't see us getting KG. There will be thousands of teams that will go after KG. What makes us more desirable than let's say the Bulls? They could offer a better package and KG is from Chicago. The Nets will also be after KG.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/24/2006  2:59 PM
Posted by BigC:

The Nets will also be after KG.
They scare me. They will give up Jeffersion and find an expiring contract and a pick. Hopefully they wont find an expiring contract and/or a pick.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
2/24/2006  2:59 PM
I always tend to believe that the first rumor is a planted smokescreen - so when the media is saying 'KG', I expect a deal for TMac.
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/24/2006  3:00 PM
Let's first see if we can turn this around and gel as a team...If Francis and Marbs don't work, I'm not sure if another player is the answer....Let's see what Larry can do before we see what piece we can add....When Larry was at Detroit, you knew that the addition of Sheed would help based on them having two 50 win seasons even before Larry got there...You knew Sheed was bring low post scoring and defense....

But this team, we have to see how they play the second half...

Please Larry 8 man rotation, ok,ok maybe 9....
TMS
USA
2/24/2006  3:02 PM
Posted by BigC:

I don't see us getting KG. There will be thousands of teams that will go after KG. What makes us more desirable than let's say the Bulls? They could offer a better package and KG is from Chicago. The Nets will also be after KG.

i keep telling you, it's up to KG to dictate where he will want to go... whether CHI has better assets to offer doesn't mean anything... if he doesn't ask to be traded, he won't get traded... if he does ask to be traded, he's going to want to go to a team where there will be talent around him to be a contender... who will CHI have left to make KG want to go there? Andres Nocioni? Mike Sweetney? Kirk Hinrich? please... that's not happening.

the Nets i will give you as long as Kidd & Vince are still there... RJ, Krstic & a couple picks could get it done, if KG decides NJ is where he wants to go.

this is a similar situation to what happened when T-Mac asked out of ORL, or when Shaq asked out of LA... the only teams that will be in serious running to get KG if he decides he wants out of MIN will be NY & the Lakers imho... perhaps DAL if they're willing to give up Dirk, but i doubt that would happen.

[Edited by - TMS on 02-24-2006 3:04 PM]
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/24/2006  3:02 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

Regardless of our record, if a move is made like obtaining KG or JO, there will always be some who will find fault with it and cry their hearts out about it like it's the end of the goddamn world.

A move like that would satify me alot. By the way, you asked the question!

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
BigC
Member: #829
2/24/2006  3:03 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by BigC:

The Nets will also be after KG.
They scare me. They will give up Jeffersion and find an expiring contract and a pick. Hopefully they wont find an expiring contract and/or a pick.

Exactly!

The Nets make moves quietly. Then before you know it, they have a superstar. The Nets have been wanting KG since Kmart was here. What makes people think KG would want to play with Marbury who he does not get along with rather than Kidd and Vince?

BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/24/2006  3:05 PM
I think we'd have to give up Francis or Marbury to get KG but yeah it'd be justified then.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/24/2006  3:06 PM
Chicago is the problem. They have potentially the #1 pick in the draft thanks to Isiah and the 10th pick plus Gordon, Deng etc. Thats a lot more value to rebuild with than Channing Frye and overpaid scrubs. And Chicago is a pretty big market. I wonder if KG would rejoin Steph. Also wouldn't KG be able to make a lot more money in Chicago since they will be have the capspace to re-sign him?
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/24/2006  3:10 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BigC:

i keep telling you, it's up to KG to dictate where he will want to go... whether CHI has better assets to offer doesn't mean anything... if he doesn't ask to be traded, he won't get traded... if he does ask to be traded, he's going to want to go to a team where there will be talent around him to be a contender... who will CHI have left to make KG want to go there? Andres Nocioni? Mike Sweetney? Kirk Hinrich? please... that's not happening.

the Nets i will give you as long as Kidd & Vince are still there... RJ, Krstic & a couple picks could get it done, if KG decides NJ is where he wants to go.

this is a similar situation to what happened when T-Mac asked out of ORL, or when Shaq asked out of LA... the only teams that will be in serious running to get KG if he decides he wants out of MIN will be NY & the Lakers imho... perhaps DAL if they're willing to give up Dirk, but i doubt that would happen.

[Edited by - TMS on 02-24-2006 3:04 PM]

Yeah, I agree...I keep hearing that KG and the owner are really, really tight...

It will be up to KG when he is ready to go and where....

does getting kg or jermaine justify everything?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy