[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Larry is now buying groceries..How are you liking dinner?
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/24/2006  9:14 AM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Silverfuel:

Posted by islesfan:

I'm sure LB has been pining for Rose and Francis and forced Isiah to acquire them. I guess this season has been so rough that some people have switched from Kool-Aid to Crack to help them get through it.
islesfan, did you read Larry Brown's quote in the post? There is a thread dedicated to it.

Brown took credit for spurring the Francis deal, despite speculation he preferred using Penny Hardaway's contract for Ratliff. "I bugged Isiah when I saw [Francis'] name," Brown said.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/62359.htm

Seriously, what's he supposed to say? Just use your common sense and understanding of what type of players LB likes and do you honestly believe that LB wanted either Rose or Francis? If they had made a trade for Ratliff instead I would have to agree with the premise somewhat but there is absolutely nothing to make anyone believe they are the types of players that LB wants.

So you have decided a direct quote should be ignored because it seems out of character....

Then you have later speculation from a writer who says he didn't think it was LB's decision..

Both guys ignoring words from LB's lips...

Wow.....

AUTOADVERT
McK1
Member: #964
2/24/2006  9:23 AM
It'll be a culinary masterpiece once Steph is moved.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/24/2006  10:44 AM
How is this a bad trade? I still don't get what people are complaining about. The Knicks acquired an all-star for a washed player and someone who rarely played and when he did showed that he couldn't hit the ocean when falling out of a boat with his jumpshooting? The Knicks traded absolutely nothing in this deal and his contract expires the same year that all the big contracts on this roster expire. I really don't get some of you guys...
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/24/2006  10:54 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:

How is this a bad trade? I still don't get what people are complaining about. The Knicks acquired an all-star for a washed player and someone who rarely played and when he did showed that he couldn't hit the ocean when falling out of a boat with his jumpshooting? The Knicks traded absolutely nothing in this deal and his contract expires the same year that all the big contracts on this roster expire. I really don't get some of you guys...

LOL some of those guys don't get it themselves.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/24/2006  11:35 AM
larry and IT refused to give up young talent in lee and frye to get So called LB type players, so for some to say LB does not care about the future of this team, doesn't make sense. Where is the proof?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/24/2006  12:41 PM
[IMG_block] http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/5143/larrybrown2rd.gif [/IMG_block]
holfresh

2/24/2006  12:48 PM
Posted by tkf:

larry and IT refused to give up young talent in lee and frye to get So called LB type players, so for some to say LB does not care about the future of this team, doesn't make sense. Where is the proof?

The problem with this trade is that it doesn't make sense. Larry pushed for this trade if you believe his quote that he kept bugging Isiah about it....Franchise is not a "Larry type player". He is more like Steph...He also push for the JRose and these are 2 shoot first players we are bringing to play with Steph iwho is also shoot first...There are not enough balls on the court for these guys
to be happy here...Shaq just said not too long ago that Howard would not develop as a player if Stevie keeps hogging the ball....How does this guy gel into Larry's system...This team is suited more to run although franchise is not an out and out run and gun guy....But it looks on paper to be more successful that way......

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/24/2006  12:51 PM
forget "larry brown type of player". every coach wants talent. every coach would want francis on their roster. now every gm may NOT want him b/c the GM has to determine how it all fits but every coach wants a guy that can ball regardless of fit. especially since they gave up two players on IR that the coach wasn't using. he's now our 2nd most talented player behind steph.

tkf
2/24/2006  12:57 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by tkf:

The problem with this trade is that it doesn't make sense. Larry pushed for this trade if you believe his quote that he kept bugging Isiah about it....Franchise is not a "Larry type player". He is more like Steph...He also push for the JRose and these are 2 shoot first players we are bringing to play with Steph iwho is also shoot first...There are not enough balls on the court for these guys
to be happy here...Shaq just said not too long ago that Howard would not develop as a player if Stevie keeps hogging the ball....How does this guy gel into Larry's system...This team is suited more to run although franchise is not an out and out run and gun guy....But it looks on paper to be more successful that way......

yea, but at this point we just need players who can play, and francis can play, although I am not that high on the deal, I can see it from that perspective.

As far as what shaq said, he also said that curry would be the best center in the east, after himself.. So take that how you want.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
holfresh

2/24/2006  1:07 PM
Trust me, I'm the last guy who believes in this Larry type player nonsense...But overall, these last two moves certainly does look like we are moving away from isiah plan of getting younger and trying to build around Frye and Curry....We finally get Marbs willing to play the style that we want...How does JRose and Franchise fit into what we are trying to do around here...Yeah he is a talent we got for nothing or even a steal in this trade...This move just look like we are not trying to build something here....It just look like we are moving away from what Isiah and Larry is saying the Knicks' future is...This move reeks of a quick fix and as Isiah said in the press conference, "Just crazy enough to work"...Thats not really inspiring.....

[Edited by - holfresh on 02-24-2006 1:08 PM]

[Edited by - holfresh on 02-24-2006 1:10 PM]
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/24/2006  1:09 PM
loving it...loving it...I feel the corner is being turned...if we beat jersey...I'll **** a brick.
all kool aid all the time.
tkf
2/24/2006  1:10 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Trust me, I'm the last guy who believes in this Larry type player nonsense...But overall, these last two move certainly does not make it look like we are moving away from isiah plan of getting younger and trying to build around Frye and Curry....We finally get Marbs willing to play the style that we want...How does JRose and Franchise fit into what we are trying to do around here...Yeah he is a talent we got for nothing or even a steal in this trade...This move just look like we are not trying to build something here....It just look like we are moving away from what Isiah and Larry is saying the Knicks' future is...

cotrary to popular belief in todays HS filled NBA 29 is not old, the knicks can still build around curry and frye, they have lee, nate, Q woods, Q rich is only 25, they have two draft picks, but you need some young vets who can play, the nets got kidd when he was 29, they built around him and went to the finals twice. The pistons are considered a fairly young team in their primes and the average age of their starting 5 is about 29, the knicks are younger than that.So this does not hinder the knicks rebuilding plan, now trading lee, frye or curry probably does that, but i don't see how this hampers that at all..
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/24/2006  1:13 PM
ok, so let's do this... let's trade away Marbs, Craw & Francis, & bring back Dikembe Mutombo at max dollars... he's an LB type player... also George Lynch & Eric Snow should be able to take up the scoring load i'm sure, let's bring them in as well... while we're at it, how about trading away Curry for Ratliff? that should give us the ingredients we need to make a championship run next year... oh wait, it's the same team we had when Layden was here... damn, back to the drawing board.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
McK1
Member: #964
2/24/2006  1:16 PM
Francis' approach to he game is much more mature than Steph "lets not run any plays" Marbury
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
holfresh

2/24/2006  1:24 PM
Posted by McK1:

Francis' approach to he game is much more mature than Steph "lets not run any plays" Marbury

You know, I said the same thing after reading that statement by Steph...This guy is 29 yrs old..
When is he going to get it....altho I want to see an uptempo game.....This is Larry's show...
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
2/24/2006  5:17 PM
This scares me because nothing from Larry's past dictates he can build a great team in this league. He is a great coach but I doubt the Pistons win a championship if Larry Brown was doing Dumars' job ever since the beginning.

Larry needs to concentrate on coaching, we need our own Joe Dumars here badly. A smart GM who doesn't need Larry's approval on deals and is able to give him a good team to work with. However, I think we can all agree though that it probably can't get much worse with Larry basically calling the shots now.

I still pray that Thomas turns into a capable GM overnight and that he really has a great plan no one knows about.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
rojasmas
Member: #639
2/24/2006  6:20 PM
We are spinning our wheels. We acquire players who don't really make us a lot better and don't fit. They aren't free agents at year's end. So we are stuck with them. Or we can trade them but nobody else wants them. And nobody wants Marbury at his contract's price.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Larry is now buying groceries..How are you liking dinner?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy