[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

with the acquisition of stevie franchise we no longer have a need for nate
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/23/2006  9:06 PM
steve is a very athletic small 2 guard. he signed for four years--we need diversification to the line up with intangible players. this makes nate expendable--perhaps as a conduit to take both picks+ nate to move as far up as we can or atleast to move one of the picks higher to use them on BIGGER longer players OR a true 1.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/23/2006  9:09 PM
Questions - how good could Nate be in this league? What would be his ideal role?

(I will accept as an answer, "Slam Dunk contestant every year").
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/23/2006  9:18 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

steve is a very athletic small 2 guard. he signed for four years--we need diversification to the line up with intangible players. this makes nate expendable--perhaps as a conduit to take both picks+ nate to move as far up as we can or atleast to move one of the picks higher to use them on BIGGER longer players OR a true 1.

hmmm, with Marb, Francis and Q, I don't think a true 1 is going to be the answer. Big, fast shot-blocking, rebounding PF/C would be nice.

What can you move up to for 18, 28, Nate? And who would you take?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
2/23/2006  9:21 PM
Posted by Marv:

Questions - how good could Nate be in this league? What would be his ideal role?

(I will accept as an answer, "Slam Dunk contestant every year").

well,nate hasnt played as well as he had earlier in the year, but hes a 21 YO rookie averaging close to 10 points. Because of his athletiscm speed+strength, he gets seperation at will and hes a pretty good ball hawk. His skills need to be honed, but you can see from many games this year or the rookie challenege that hes going to be a nice player in this league.

he needs to adjust and mature but hes a player

hes also a player that has become expendable here with franchise in for 4 years.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/23/2006  9:22 PM
i love nate but he has no role on this team unless they trade two of those guards this summer.

nate + both picks can get you something really nice.

to see what nate can become, you have to invest at least 2 years in him. it doesn't look like that's the case here.
BRIGGS
2/23/2006  9:23 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by BRIGGS:

hmmm, with Marb, Francis and Q, I don't think a true 1 is going to be the answer. Big, fast shot-blocking, rebounding PF/C would be nice.

I would take any of these 4 bIGS

Hilton
Joakim Noah
Josh Boone
Cedric Simmons

Id probably take Hilton first, but it would be close.

RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/23/2006  9:36 PM
Nate's a tradeable asset... if he's still on the team by the time the season ends, it's not the end of the world... the worst thing Isiah can do right now is to trade Nate & the picks just to get a filler piece that doesn't have a longterm future in NY & doesn't add much in terms of being a tradeable asset to include in a future deal.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/23/2006  9:51 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by martin:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Hilton
Joakim Noah
Josh Boone
Cedric Simmons

Briggs, if Hibbert were to come out, where would you rank him in your big man order there? I almost think he'd be crazy to not come out this year with the lack of a top true big man and his stock is continually rising.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BRIGGS
2/23/2006  10:00 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by martin:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Hilton
Joakim Noah
Josh Boone
Cedric Simmons

Briggs, if Hibbert were to come out, where would you rank him in your big man order there? I almost think he'd be crazy to not come out this year with the lack of a top true big man and his stock is continually rising.

he could go top 5 next year with another year of hard work. I dont see him coming out--one more year of working on his body and improving his speed will do wonders for his pocketbook. 7-2 285pd guys with his touch dont grow on trees.

id like to see all of thes guys stay in school, but that wont happen. If it was my kid, I would advise him to take the money.
RIP Crushalot😞
TemujinKnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1022

2/23/2006  10:02 PM
Hell yes. Take the money and go back to school once you get paid. Take summer classes or hire private tutors.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/23/2006  10:04 PM
Posted by TemujinKnick:

Hell yes. Take the money and go back to school once you get paid. Take summer classes or hire private tutors.

I wouldn't risk injury. The second I thought I could be a 1st rd draft pick (even #30) and have several million dollars in gauranteed money, I'd enter the draft.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/23/2006  10:05 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

id like to see all of thes guys stay in school, but that wont happen. If it was my kid, I would advise him to take the money.

Whew. Next year could be one of the best big men drafts ever with both Oden and Hibbert going in the top5. Wow.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/23/2006  10:12 PM
I would rather jettison Jamal.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/23/2006  10:31 PM
Posted by Rich:

agreed, but he's much much much harder to move. you saw all Flip Murray was worth - Mike Wilks.
¿ △ ?
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/23/2006  11:21 PM
If nate can learn the game a little and really press other gaurds like mugsy used to do I think he can be a backup pg in a few years keep him give him a chance if nothing else as a 12th man I think he's worth it to keep as a fan fav/personality he's someone if we ever DO win a championship he's a player I want to see celebrating with a world championship ny knicks hat on, just cuz of his personality.. To me that's important
BRIGGS
2/24/2006  12:27 AM
Posted by Rich:

the bottom line is jC and Q-Rich now have to improve from within. They have to take responsibility and step up. I have seen signs of Q doing so a tad,--maybe with the trade deadline behind them--more focused roles--both will be bench guys--that they can come in and play hard and well. Off-season, maybe JC can finally add a few pds.

RIP Crushalot😞
TymeLessKnicks
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1050
Sweden
2/24/2006  12:40 AM
its funny how now that franchise is here people think that nate can go...he is getting paid close to nothing and is a rookie. he can shoot the ball fairly well....is it so bad to have a guy like that on the bench...injuries do happen!
Had enough Melo?
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/24/2006  8:01 AM
Posted by TymeLessKnicks:

its funny how now that franchise is here people think that nate can go...he is getting paid close to nothing and is a rookie. he can shoot the ball fairly well....is it so bad to have a guy like that on the bench...injuries do happen!

Knicks fans are trade happy. Trade happy and draft h0es.

their worse than I.Thomas

BRIGGS
2/24/2006  9:41 AM
Posted by TymeLessKnicks:

Its a pretty easy equation. We have 4 guards that make a tremendous amount of $. You dont need more than 4 guards. If there is a possibility to use nate as a conduit to move up into the draft to get a shoit blocker a sizeable 2 or a true 1,Im going to do that. Steve Francis is our small 2, we dont need nate anymore
RIP Crushalot😞
bernard
Member: #475
2/24/2006  10:41 AM
This is simple. We have 4.5 2 guards good enough to get real minutes (that's counting Steph as a 1, which he is, imo, and Craw, Q, N8, Jalen and Stevie as 2's). 5 is too many. 4 is too many. 3 is too many. We obviously need to move 1 of these guys, and would be best served moving 2 or 3 of them. We need interior rebounding/defensive presence, a starting caliber 3 (I think Rose is a 2 who can give you minutes at 3, not vice versa) and a solid backup 1. So we will be making more moves in the offseason. This is not about being trade-happy. It's just about finishing what IT started and building a team that's not so poorly structured for next year.

Who to move? That'll depend on who's wanted by other teams and what they or the draft have to offer. N8's the only one who's not overpaid, so he'll likely be wanted the most. But none of them is untouchable.
with the acquisition of stevie franchise we no longer have a need for nate

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy