[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Realism salary cap roster spots picks
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/24/2006  12:31 PM
I'd love to have Evans off the bench, but like I said, I don't think it is even a possibility that he signs here.
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2006  1:50 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by nyshakespeare:

What about using the MLE on a rugged PF like Reggie Evans?

I want to use logic here and I hope the dunces at MSG read this. We drafted a very good PF in Channing frye--we have two picks where we should be able to get 1 lONG athletic 4-5 for 1mm a year. there is 0 reason we need to spend ANOTHER 30+ mm on a Seattle REJECT who found his way to the bench. Now granted he is a better reject than James, but hes not worth that money and we need to have FAITH that Frye will start, faith that we can find a suitable back up in the draft+ understand we still have Mo taylor. I want to see the FULL transition of Frye into a 35 minute+ 4-5. What we need is another 4-5 guy

we dont need evans --- hes a good rebounder, but hes smallish in terms of defense and has little offensive game

we need guys who can play 4-5 who can block some shots get some easy baskets etc.. and if we can do this BY the DRAFT we save tens of millions
Ben Wallace and Dennis Rodman were also smallish.

IF we are going to stick with Curry and Frye as our primary froncourt players to build around and
IF we are going to go with a perimeter attack featuring fast breakdown type guards
we desperatly need a tough SOB like Evans.

How many times have you said yourself we need a tough guy. To me Evans is that guy.

We arent getting a star with these picks and with Nate, Curry, Frye, Lee, Butler we have enough young guys right now. If anything I would trade these picks for the 07 draft. We simply have too many players right now. Either that or try to package them for bigtime 3

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/24/2006  2:05 PM
u need to keep the picks for now until the offseason... they can be used as fill ins on a bigger deal... but if that blockbuster deal doesn't come to pass, then i agree, there's no more room for more rookies on this team full of guaranteed contracts until some of the dead weight can be jettisoned.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/24/2006  3:44 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

on top of it we have david lee who is probably as good a rebounder with many more skills.

if we neded up with

Curry
Hilton Armstrong
Frye
Lee

were set with taylor used as a last year back up.

I would see where the dever pick ends up, and if it is not high enough, I would trade both picks we have to move up and get Hilton armstrong, he is kind of flying under the radar, because of overhyped guys like gay, morrison and reddick, but this kid armstrong is long, tall and skilled, there will be guys like rondo and Carney that will get picked in the lottery, hopefuly we can get our hands on armstrong..

Let me ask you this briggs?

if we get armstrong and he puts on weight, do you play him at center in the NBA, and package curry and marbs for something else?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/24/2006  4:55 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:

on top of it we have david lee who is probably as good a rebounder with many more skills.

if we neded up with

Curry
Hilton Armstrong
Frye
Lee

were set with taylor used as a last year back up.

I would see where the dever pick ends up, and if it is not high enough, I would trade both picks we have to move up and get Hilton armstrong, he is kind of flying under the radar, because of overhyped guys like gay, morrison and reddick, but this kid armstrong is long, tall and skilled, there will be guys like rondo and Carney that will get picked in the lottery, hopefuly we can get our hands on armstrong..

Let me ask you this briggs?

if we get armstrong and he puts on weight, do you play him at center in the NBA, and package curry and marbs for something else?

Armstrong is already 250 pounds. get him in there with a pro trainer and you will have a version of Ben Wallace.
RIP Crushalot😞
Realism salary cap roster spots picks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy