[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pippen's take on the Francis trade
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/24/2006  4:02 PM
Posted by Rich:

If Isiah was writing a column instead of screwing up the Knicks, he would probably write the same thing.

I think you can now put Larry on board with Isiah..

AUTOADVERT
FireIsiah
Member: #1029

2/24/2006  4:08 PM
Curry is the franchise what is he talking about???? LOL
I want to leave something that's going to stand for a long timeI want to leave a legacy,I want to leave tradition.I want to leave an imprint,a blueprint in terms of how people play,and how they coach and how they respond when they put on the Knick uni.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/24/2006  4:11 PM
>>holfresh - I think you can now put Larry on board with Isiah

holfresh - too bad, now you won't have much soap opera intrigue for the housewives that are into such spicy behind-the-scenes gossip and innuendo.

You expect them to talk about Knicks basketball in the future tense?

Nah, that don't sell papers.

Fire Isiah NOW!
once a knick always a knick
egelband
Member: #1026

2/24/2006  7:07 PM
i think he has alot of valid points- it is a trade against the odds- but what he doesn't mention is that larry brown has a pretty good track record and both marbury and francis are old enough - and well enough paid - to know that wins (particularly in ny) are more important than points. at least that's where i hang my hat with this deal...
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/24/2006  10:37 PM
You may like Pippen or not, but only kool-aid drunk people can fail to see that he is right and that while our trading partners always get better, we keep sinking in futility. This was a deal that made no sense and that just took us 3 more years away from actually building up a real team. This isn't about having talent, its about having real basketball players willing to buy into a vision and working hard to play their roles the best way. We think that by making trades like Rose's or Francis' we will someday play better. Thats not having a plan. This isn't NBA Live, this is the real game where chemistry, intelligence and character really matter. We keep acquiring the same kind of players, only to become a worse team. Too many individuals who know nothing about fundamentals.

I have completely lost my faith in Isiah...
Knicks_Fan
holfresh

2/24/2006  10:44 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

You may like Pippen or not, but only kool-aid drunk people can fail to see that he is right and that while our trading partners always get better, we keep sinking in futility. This was a deal that made no sense and that just took us 3 more years away from actually building up a real team. This isn't about having talent, its about having real basketball players willing to buy into a vision and working hard to play their roles the best way. We think that by making trades like Rose's or Francis' we will someday play better. Thats not having a plan. This isn't NBA Live, this is the real game where chemistry, intelligence and character really matter. We keep acquiring the same kind of players, only to become a worse team. Too many individuals who know nothing about fundamentals.

I have completely lost my faith in Isiah...

You have completely lost faith in Isiah, but Larry was behind both trade JRose and Francis, and have said as much ...I have also heard people are saying, Larry is owning up to these trade to protect Isiah.....Who is really drinking the kool-aid....
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/24/2006  10:55 PM
Bah, I don't care if it was Isiah, Brown or Bush, I have no faith in anything this organization has done for the past years. I was fool to be excited about the Isiah Thomas and the Larry Brown signings. This organization simply sucks...
Knicks_Fan
holfresh

2/24/2006  11:46 PM
Well tonight you can see a few positive things....Lets step back and let this team play and gel....Look at it this way, this is a totally new team on the court....Franchise had not played with Marbs who has not played with Rose who has not played with Frye..etc...

I'm a big a Knick fan as they come....I have my likes and dislikes in management, lets support them and give them time....We do have talent

Let's show some love...

[Edited by - holfresh on 02-24-2006 11:48 PM]
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/24/2006  11:49 PM
Knicksfan - you can always watch American Idol
once a knick always a knick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/24/2006  11:49 PM
Posted by tomverve:

If I were an obscenely rich man, one thing I would do would be to pay Xavier McDaniel to just follow Scottie Pippen around wherever he goes. Not to say or do anything to him, just to have him stand there so Scottie can see him out of the corner of his eye at all times. That would be great.

LOL oh man that's funny.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
2/25/2006  8:32 AM
you know what's sad -- instead of focusing on what the guy said, certain posters make fun of the guy for whatever reasons. Even if he is being brutally honest.

it's so sad.

the knicks have marbury and francis. self-centered pro basketball players. on the same team. My Lawd.

i don't understand.

and neither has done anything, really. That's why i will go to my grave having r.e.s.p.e.c.t. for Allen Iverson
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Pippen's take on the Francis trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy