[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pippen's take on the Francis trade
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/23/2006  7:02 PM
Pippen on Francis Deal

I am pretty much befuddled with what New York has done.

I am not a great fan of Steve Francis. He rubbed me the wrong way when he came into the league and demanded that Vancouver trade him. He just isn't the type of player that can make your team better or that can get you where you are trying to get to. He is very talented, but his skills are built around his individual success and not around the success of a team.

Any time you take on such a brilliant nickname as "Franchise," that name has to have some validity behind it and I don't think he has shown that he is a franchise player. It is not going to work for him even moving to New York.

This is another in a long list of desperate moves for the Knicks, going back to the Eddy Curry deal. Eddy Curry's success coming to New York has been about as good as my success coming back to Chicago when my career was pretty much done. He hasn't made any impact on that team, which, I am sure for John Paxson, is the best thing to happen. He just let his No. 1 draft pick go and got another one back. It was a good wash for them, because they didn't lose that draft pick. They sort of gambled on it, played with it, let it go, but then they got it back.

Isiah has brought in players on top of players. He isn't giving one player an opportunity to succeed. You have Stephon Marbury there. Then you bring in Jamal Crawford. Now Steve Francis.

What are you going to do with these guys?

These are three guys that love to pound the basketball and create their own shots. Who is going to succeed at that position? To me it seems like they have just told Isiah to just go out there and continue to see if we can have the highest payroll.

I don't see any chemistry with New York. I don't see that trade helping the Knicks in any way and as for Orlando, they have written this season off and are preparing themselves to continue rebuilding their young team. They want to get guys in there that can in the next three or four years be part of what they have been able to establish.

It is going to be the same type of situation. A lot of it has to do with the individual players. Players in today's game are not geared for winning. They aren't geared for a team concept. They're basically trying to get into the game and they have no knowledge as to what the game is really about.
AUTOADVERT
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
2/23/2006  7:09 PM
he's right>>
The Future. GO KNICKS!
ultknicks524
Member: #889
2/23/2006  7:12 PM
I wonder if he is available. 2 years $10 million?
TymeLessKnicks
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1050
Sweden
2/24/2006  12:32 AM
scottie pippen is sooo pro bulls its not even funny. wat a hater
Had enough Melo?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/24/2006  3:00 AM
hater. those guys are gonna kill, there will be a msimatch somewhere, and we will exploit it.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/24/2006  7:58 AM
This coming from the guy who refused to come back in the game cuz Phil didnt run the play for him.

and....who's playing the middle for the Bulls again? How many legit centers are entering the draft this year?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/24/2006  8:02 AM
Posted by Swishfm3:

This coming from the guy who refused to come back in the game cuz Phil didnt run the play for him.

and....who's playing the middle for the Bulls again? How many legit centers are entering the draft this year?

Yeah, Scottie's an enigma. That was the worst move I ever saw a player make. And he always weaseled out of playoff confrontations with Rodman early in his career due to "migraines."

But then on the other hand, he was one of the greatest all-around forwards I ever saw for a good number of years too.

F'g Scottie.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/24/2006  8:14 AM
I am not a great fan of Scottie Pippen
once a knick always a knick
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/24/2006  8:18 AM
If you watched the Knics in the 90's then you know that Pippen is a punk.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/24/2006  9:32 AM
Scottie Pippen needs to take his hook-nosed ass to the plastic surgeon for some rhinoplasty and mind his God-damned business. Let him stick to judging the Bulls.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/24/2006  9:34 AM
This isnt Mo taylor for an ending contract--this is Steve Francis. This is a pretty good deal. EVEN if it doesnt workout chemistry wise, its a good deal. Ive been fair in terms of criticsm with the knicks, I lay it on when i believe its warranted, but getting francis for nothing?

Now I dont love that Jamal didnt go in the deal, but it's up to him and Q to provide solid bench minutes for their tremendously overpaid arses. There is less pressure on these guys, I expect them to step up.
RIP Crushalot😞
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/24/2006  9:51 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Now I dont love that Jamal didnt go in the deal, but it's up to him and Q to provide solid bench minutes for their tremendously overpaid arses. There is less pressure on these guys, I expect them to step up.

its going to be hard finding minutes for BOTH of them.

but I agree...now theres less pressure on them...they need to step it up now
nyshakespeare
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #420
USA
2/24/2006  10:37 AM
Why does everyone pile on? We basically traded Ariza for Francis. No picks, no cash considerations. In the draft, everyone says you should always draft the best player available regardless of position. How is this different? You experiment for the rest of the season, if it doesn't work out, you trade one of them.

It Is Solved By Walking
tomverve
Member: #878
2/24/2006  11:14 AM
If I were an obscenely rich man, one thing I would do would be to pay Xavier McDaniel to just follow Scottie Pippen around wherever he goes. Not to say or do anything to him, just to have him stand there so Scottie can see him out of the corner of his eye at all times. That would be great.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/24/2006  11:18 AM
Posted by tomverve:

If I were an obscenely rich man, one thing I would do would be to pay Xavier McDaniel to just follow Scottie Pippen around wherever he goes. Not to say or do anything to him, just to have him stand there so Scottie can see him out of the corner of his eye at all times. That would be great.

THAT IS GREAT! Let's start up a collection!
~You can't run from who you are.~
nyshakespeare
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #420
USA
2/24/2006  11:24 AM
Posted by tomverve:

lmao
It Is Solved By Walking
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/24/2006  11:34 AM
Posted by tomverve:

[/quote]

That's a wonderful idea.

The other memory that gives me such joy is what Rodman used to do to him. Remember Rodman throwing him off the court and way up into the stands like Sgt. Slaughter tossing Jimmy Superfly Snuka?
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

2/24/2006  11:40 AM
Posted by tomverve:

LOL!!!!! Funny as hell!
kevlofton
Member: #317
USA
2/24/2006  3:09 PM
Posted by tomverve:

I'm glad somebody remembers How X did him. Punked him big time. LOL Great Post!!!!

[Edited by - kevlofton on 02-24-2006 3:10 PM]
Real Knick Fan
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/24/2006  3:31 PM
If Isiah was writing a column instead of screwing up the Knicks, he would probably write the same thing.
Pippen's take on the Francis trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy