[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mike Francesa is absolutely killing the knicks
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/23/2006  11:48 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Islesfan - which former Knicks, that Isiah has delat away, do you want back?

Please

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 02-23-2006 11:46 PM]

i remember islesfan purchasing a howard eisley jersey back in november of 2004. little did he know that one month later, he would be traded away. the $179 for the authentic jersey is the REAL reason isles has issues with isiah.
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
2/23/2006  11:52 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Islesfan - which former Knicks, that Isiah has delat away, do you want back?

Please

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 02-23-2006 11:46 PM]

It's not about still having any of those players, it's about making the situation worse which is what he did. But you keep coming up with those meaningless questions that you think prove something.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/23/2006  11:55 PM
I'll take KT back, even though I like Nate, and I want every pick traded away back too.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/24/2006  12:16 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by TMS:

i plan to wait to see what the roster looks like at the beginning of next season before i form a final judgement on Isiah.

that's what I said about this trading deadline. I've passed my final judgement. will they be fun to watch during short stretches? sure. will they ever get past the first round of the playoffs with this roster/philosophy? no.

& should KG somehow be traded here in the offseason, does your final judgement change? or do you get on his case for trading away Channing Frye, etc. for a future HOF player in his prime? just a hypothetical obviously, but curious to know what your reaction is likely to be.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
wouldacouldashoulda
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #940
2/24/2006  12:56 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by wouldacouldashoulda:

the last thing this team needs is another talented individual player.

quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in the history of sports message boards... props.

[Edited by - TMS on 02-23-2006 1:42 PM]
hardly, though it would seem to be only by someone who has no concept of the fact that individual talent does not always equate to team success, especially when that individual ability comes at the expense of the team. props to your own ignorance.

wouldacouldashoulda
Member: #940
2/24/2006  1:00 AM
just curious, but what would be the point to just letting them expire? do you really think we want to get under the cap?
if the knicks were smart they would be trying to. this mess will never be fixed by continually adding salary on top of salary. eventually the knicks are going to need the flexibility of being under the cap to sign players that hit the market that can help them, instead of making desperate trade after desperate trade for players nobody else wants.

it's called having a plan. perhaps Isiah should call his ol' buddy Joe Dumars up and ask how he does it. sure seems JD understands the concept.

rojasmas
Member: #639
2/24/2006  5:11 PM
I think part of the point here is, when we go out and get Jalen Rose and Steve Francis, on top of Marbury, where are we going? These guys all make at least 14 million a year. Only Rose has a short term contract (expiring after next year). So we are either stuck with them or we are going to trade them. Who else wants them at their contract prices? No one really. Marbury might attract interest if he were a free agent, but not at close to 20 million. Same for Francis. So LB wants these guys (Rose and Francis) to at least not be embarrassed the rest of the year. Or maybe to take down Isiah in the year ahead after the team barely gets any better. But we are now stuck with this team for a couple of years unless we get back someone in an offseason trade who isn't even as good as our guys, and is equally overpaid.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Mike Francesa is absolutely killing the knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy