jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
2/23/2006  3:39 PM
Posted by matt:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by holfresh:

Guys I have watch enough ball in my life to know the Knicks have talent...You have to play a style that suits your talent...Blame Isiah if you want because it's easy, but the job he has done in my opinion was amazing....If you took the team and salary cap he inherited and turned it into what we have now after, everyone here would sign on to it...everyone....so how can you now kill him.....

what style of play should this team use?

With the trade, the Knicks are a 91 for PSP version. Woo

more like super nintendo version.
AUTOADVERT
jazz74
Member: #371
2/23/2006  3:42 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

LOL They're just mad because the Knicks kicked WFAN to the curb for ESPNRadio.

I don't think they loved LayDown- they brought it to him too- but they damn sure don't like basketball the way they sound at times.

Let Mike & the Mad Dog stick to baseball. LOL

They loved Layden...I heard them say it this week as well....they love Checketts...

They hate hoops....

actually when i listened to it during the layzie era, mad dog defended layzie's moves. mike did until his final two years. i remebered when mike jumped on layzie for the spree/ van horn trade and layzie was speechless.
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
2/23/2006  3:43 PM
Anyone who claimed Dick Barnett wore uni number 11 needs to be permanently disbarred

Blasphemy!
once a knick always a knick
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/23/2006  3:50 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Anyone who claimed Dick Barnett wore uni number 11 needs to be permanently disbarred

Blasphemy!

Precisely my point......You can't recover from that..Thats when I burried their basktball opinions...
You can't take these guys seriously...They are also always killing Charles Barkley....How can you kill Sir Charles...
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/23/2006  4:06 PM
Posted by jazz74:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

LOL They're just mad because the Knicks kicked WFAN to the curb for ESPNRadio.

I don't think they loved LayDown- they brought it to him too- but they damn sure don't like basketball the way they sound at times.

Let Mike & the Mad Dog stick to baseball. LOL

They loved Layden...I heard them say it this week as well....they love Checketts...

They hate hoops....

actually when i listened to it during the layzie era, mad dog defended layzie's moves. mike did until his final two years. i remebered when mike jumped on layzie for the spree/ van horn trade and layzie was speechless.

Scott Laydown was speechless 90% of the time, interviews included. He spoke about what he knew.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/23/2006  4:08 PM
i can't decide if listening to Michael Kay spout off about hoops is as bad as listening to Yuckmouth Russo... they both make my ears bleed.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/23/2006  4:16 PM
I just don't like Michael Kay in general. I think Brandon Tierny is really the best Knicks anylist out there. He's a fan, but he's a realist and calls it like it is. I'm taking a liking for Stephen A Smith, though frequently obnoxious. Other than that, I really can't think of any media guys that I LOVE hearing from, besides the Knicks announcers, regarding the Knicks.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/23/2006  4:21 PM
Obnoxious?

Any cat that wears a swami hat can't be all bad

Give credit to Steven A for one thing

He was the first courageous media type to call out Layden before it was fashionable

Then others followed, after four years of sidegrades
once a knick always a knick
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/23/2006  4:40 PM
Its been Isiahs plan since day one to add as much talent as possible to make a move for a superstar like Kobe or KG.

That is why he makes moves going after the most talented player reguarless if they fit. Thats his version of REBUILDING. He isn't rebuilding the traditional way of getting under the cap, and rebuilding through cap space and draft picks.

If Isiah is able to land KG or someone of his calibre in this offseason then he did what he set out to do. And did it in 3yrs time. We would have a true Franchise player and a Championship calibre coach. As well as a skilled center. If Isiah is fired and another gm comes in and lands a superstar its because of the pieces Isiah assembled together.

It looks real ugly on the surface and even uglier on the court. But I think we aren't in as bad a situation as people are making it out to be.

You don't build a championship calibre team by adding guys like Watson & Miles unless you have a superstar like KG already. And when have Watson & Miles, won anywhere. Dallas seems to be doing just find without Najeria(spell) and he hasn't brought Denver to new heights either. If you could get Francis calibre player for ending salary and a raw prospect which you got in the 2nd rd then you do it.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Erniecat
Member: #851
2/23/2006  5:14 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

Its been Isiahs plan since day one to add as much talent as possible to make a move for a superstar like Kobe or KG.

That is why he makes moves going after the most talented player reguarless if they fit. Thats his version of REBUILDING. He isn't rebuilding the traditional way of getting under the cap, and rebuilding through cap space and draft picks.

If Isiah is able to land KG or someone of his calibre in this offseason then he did what he set out to do. And did it in 3yrs time. We would have a true Franchise player and a Championship calibre coach. As well as a skilled center. If Isiah is fired and another gm comes in and lands a superstar its because of the pieces Isiah assembled together.

It looks real ugly on the surface and even uglier on the court. But I think we aren't in as bad a situation as people are making it out to be.

You don't build a championship calibre team by adding guys like Watson & Miles unless you have a superstar like KG already. And when have Watson & Miles, won anywhere. Dallas seems to be doing just find without Najeria(spell) and he hasn't brought Denver to new heights either. If you could get Francis calibre player for ending salary and a raw prospect which you got in the 2nd rd then you do it.

So, if you're the owner of a team that sucks, you tell your GM, "OK, here's the plan: Go out and spend as much money as possible and import as many over-priced, underachieving players that no one else wants (chemistry and team balance be extremely damned), and then I'll join you in a prayer that we can possibly have enough trading chips to maybe deal for a true franchise player who will probably be slightly past his prime."

Yeah, that sounds like a very sound business philosophy and makes a lot of sense.

I'm proud to say I gave up my season tix a few years ago, I do not subscribe to Cablevision and do not believe I financially support this franchise in any way. I feel like enough of a sucker just talking about and reading about the team.

What a shame.

BTW, if simply trading for a superstar like Kobe or KG were to be an eventual solution, then why are the Lakers currently .500 and the Wolves even worse?
holfresh

2/23/2006  5:16 PM
I'm no fair weather fan...If you told me 2 years ago with Isiah, you can get Curry,Steph,Francis,Craw,Q1,JRose,Larry Brown,3 rooks that will have impact in the league..one is 6-11 guaranteed to be 18pts and 8 rebs the next 5 years...for Eisley,Ward,Houston(injured),McDyss(injures)Van Horn,Kurt Thomas,Shandon Anderson,Harrington,Sweetney and Micheal Doleac...Push up the cap numbers for another year...hhmmmm that's a tough one...BUT SIGN ME UP!!!!!! You all would have done it too....So stop hating Isiah....Press Larry to do the right thing...push the ball...
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
2/23/2006  5:28 PM
yep - Isiah is making the best lemonade he can, and I'm sticking it out to see where he goes with it - PATIENCE is tough, but we need some.
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/23/2006  5:30 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Obnoxious?

Any cat that wears a swami hat can't be all bad

Give credit to Steven A for one thing

He was the first courageous media type to call out Layden before it was fashionable

Then others followed, after four years of sidegrades

SAS calls it like it is, and most of all, is a Knicks fan. His commentary is a whole lot better than alot of those so-called Knicks writers that spew snot at our team all day.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
holfresh

2/23/2006  5:35 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I just don't like Michael Kay in general. I think Brandon Tierny is really the best Knicks anylist out there. He's a fan, but he's a realist and calls it like it is. I'm taking a liking for Stephen A Smith, though frequently obnoxious. Other than that, I really can't think of any media guys that I LOVE hearing from, besides the Knicks announcers, regarding the Knicks.

Brandon Tierney? Really, The best.....please....He does not have half the knowledge of Steven A. Smith...

TMS
USA
2/23/2006  5:57 PM
Brandon T knows what he's talking about when it concerns the Knicks... Steven A has more inside knowledge because of his credentials & access to the team, but Brandon often corrects Steven A on many points he makes & you hear him start to double talk his way out of it... it's actually pretty comical... but i enjoy SAS, don't get me wrong.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
holfresh

2/23/2006  6:10 PM
Posted by TMS:

Brandon T knows what he's talking about when it concerns the Knicks... Steven A has more inside knowledge because of his credentials & access to the team, but Brandon often corrects Steven A on many points he makes & you hear him start to double talk his way out of it... it's actually pretty comical... but i enjoy SAS, don't get me wrong.

Brandon corrects him on footballand baseball issues not basketball issues....Come on...Don't do this.....
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/23/2006  6:11 PM
Posted by Erniecat:
Posted by newyorknewyork:

So, if you're the owner of a team that sucks, you tell your GM, "OK, here's the plan: Go out and spend as much money as possible and import as many over-priced, underachieving players that no one else wants (chemistry and team balance be extremely damned), and then I'll join you in a prayer that we can possibly have enough trading chips to maybe deal for a true franchise player who will probably be slightly past his prime."

Yeah, that sounds like a very sound business philosophy and makes a lot of sense.

I'm proud to say I gave up my season tix a few years ago, I do not subscribe to Cablevision and do not believe I financially support this franchise in any way. I feel like enough of a sucker just talking about and reading about the team.

What a shame.

BTW, if simply trading for a superstar like Kobe or KG were to be an eventual solution, then why are the Lakers currently .500 and the Wolves even worse?

Im sure he didn't plan for it to go exactly the way it has gone. But his plan was allways to stockpile talent and make a move for a stud. Of course he was hoping that they won games. Which would make his job easier.

Isiah's final judgement should be if he is able to land a true superstar this offseason.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
holfresh

2/23/2006  6:12 PM
Posted by TMS:

Brandon is just ok...Don't make me start bashing him...please....
TMS
USA
2/23/2006  6:17 PM
trust me, there's plenty of times BT has called Steven A out on conflicting comments & pts. of view... Steven A's a good double talker... he turns the topic around to make himself sound like that's what he meant to say all along, even when it's clear to anyone who heard the statement that it wasn't... i like Steven A, don't get me wrong, he's entertaining, but sometimes the guy's more of a comic character than a serious sports journalist.
holfresh

2/23/2006  6:27 PM
Posted by TMS:

trust me, there's plenty of times BT has called Steven A out on conflicting comments & pts. of view... Steven A's a good double talker... he turns the topic around to make himself sound like that's what he meant to say all along, even when it's clear to anyone who heard the statement that it wasn't... i like Steven A, don't get me wrong, he's entertaining, but sometimes the guy's more of a comic character than a serious sports journalist.

One night after a Knick game show and Brandon was doing his post game show....Brandon was yapping about Lee not getting enough time at the 3 and he needs more time...I called him on the phone and told the why Larry can't play Lee for extended periods at the position becaue he just got torched the last 5 games at the position...He is not a good perimeter defender against 3's in this league...His response was...ok let's not kill the rookie then hung up on me....
Mike Francesa is absolutely killing the knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy