Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/23/2006  1:57 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by crzymdups:

he's right. the knicks had a decent shot to retool this team with AD and Penny. They struck out and made their cap situation even less flexible.

How?

Earl Watson, Theo Ratliff, Darius Miles. Not sexy names that sell jerseys, but they play hard and play defense. Sure, they're overpaid, but so is Jalen.

Cap situation less flexible???? The knicks were over the cap no matter what they did...Unless you say whn Isiah got here he should let all contracts expire then yeah...but the cap was 93 mil and they would have been over it until 08-09 I think....So what difference does it make, 93 mil or 123....what is the difference....

um, 30 million? also, Houston and Mo Taylor and JYD all go away next season which would have taken us down to $55 million and a Marbury trade away from real cap room.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/23/2006  2:00 PM
the difference is that i view this all as a work in progress right now... i'm not looking at this Francis deal as Isiah's plan to put us over the top... it's a preliminary move to something else bigger down the road... so i'm fine with it... the LAST thing i want to see is more overpaid, mediocre talent brought in to add to the rest of the overpaid, mediocre talent we already have... i'd MUCH, much rather have star players surrounded by young talent, & see what develops in terms of further trade possibilities down the road... there is not set formula for building a championship calibre team, but all i know is i've never seen 1 NBA franchise win a title w/a team full of overpaid mediocre talent, w/o a stud player or 2... we're not getting any stud players by accumulating mediocre talent... i say get the stud player first, & then go from there... you can get supporting players every year in minor trades & via the MLE.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/23/2006  2:00 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Maybe Isiah should hire someone who is REALLY good at NBA LIVE 2006 to coach this team. Maybe that would work.

How about Herb who wanted to push the ball and play uptempo....That is why Isiah assembled this squad together....Look at this team....we could run with anyone....but Larry wants 4 and 5 touches per possession....which is good don't get me wrong...get the best shot available...But please push the ball....Craw plays so well in the open court..Now we have Franchise...I'm at a lost really..Larry has me at a loss.....
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/23/2006  2:08 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Maybe Isiah should hire someone who is REALLY good at NBA LIVE 2006 to coach this team. Maybe that would work.

That woudl be ME
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/23/2006  2:29 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by BRIGGS:

even though they dont talk much about basketball and ruso obviously doesnt like isiah, mike has been neutral, but right now--he basically said this is the worst run franchise in the history of all sports

Mike and Mad Dog knows nothing about the game.....don't even bother....

When it comes to pro hoops...they sprew pure hatred....

Get this......They loved Layden....and they would tell you that too.....

The didn't "love" layden, they thought he didn't have the personality for the job in NY and they thought he did a bad job. Get the facts straight.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
2/23/2006  2:32 PM
im not renewing my season tickets after the season..

Dolan and Isiah have ultimately destroyed this franchise...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
2/23/2006  2:32 PM
Posted by BigRedDog:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by BRIGGS:

even though they dont talk much about basketball and ruso obviously doesnt like isiah, mike has been neutral, but right now--he basically said this is the worst run franchise in the history of all sports

Mike and Mad Dog knows nothing about the game.....don't even bother....

When it comes to pro hoops...they sprew pure hatred....

Get this......They loved Layden....and they would tell you that too.....

The didn't "love" layden, they thought he didn't have the personality for the job in NY and they thought he did a bad job. Get the facts straight.

Are you sure that's what they said WHILE Layden was GM (not what they're saying now when no one would support Layden)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/23/2006  2:34 PM
Posted by TMS:

i can't stand cowherd... probably the most annoying radio show host other than yuckmouth Russo... they should give his time slot to Brandon T so he can have his own show.

agreed
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/23/2006  2:36 PM
LOL They're just mad because the Knicks kicked WFAN to the curb for ESPNRadio.

I don't think they loved LayDown- they brought it to him too- but they damn sure don't like basketball the way they sound at times.

Let Mike & the Mad Dog stick to baseball. LOL
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/23/2006  2:36 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by crzymdups:

he's right. the knicks had a decent shot to retool this team with AD and Penny. They struck out and made their cap situation even less flexible.

How?

Earl Watson, Theo Ratliff, Darius Miles. Not sexy names that sell jerseys, but they play hard and play defense. Sure, they're overpaid, but so is Jalen.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/23/2006  2:40 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by TMS:

so you wanted Isiah to trade Penny's expiring contract for the guys like Eduardo Najera, Earl Watson & let's say Theo Ratliff, all of whom have longterm big money deals, & all of whom won't carry this team to much more than a ~.500 record next year, would that have been more acceptable to you? haven't we been there & done that w/assembling teams to barely compete for a #8 seed? isn't it time you thought more on a grandscale & try to bring in the type of talent that can net you stud players down the road? do you think overpaid role players is the answer to our problems at this point? i sure don't... i don't care if they help us win 40 games... this team is never going to allow a youth movement to occur, so the next best option is to go this route, accumulate TALENT, & go from there.

what's the point of losing with no picks?

look at Dallas, they START Adrian Griffin and Diop, two defensive role players. It seems like some people here, and certainly Isiah, want to build a fantasy roster that averages 20ppg at every position. The NBA doesn't work like that. You need role players who defend and a few guys who can fill it.

Now we have a starting lineup of Francis, Marbury, Curry, Rose, Frye, all guys who average around 15ppg but none of them are defensive stoppers or great rebounders or intangibles guys. These guys are useless if they don't score and they can't all score at once. It's a dumb way to build a team.

edit:

look at OUR one winnning stretch this season, we were starting Marbury, Curry and basically three guys who defend, rebound and force turnovers: DLee, AD and Nate. We had NO problem scoring then because Curry and Marbury create open shots for their teammates just by doing what they do. It makes no sense to add Francis to Marbury, Francis creates his own shots, he doesn't need Marbury pounding the ball and creating shots for him. No one needs Jalen in the corner while Marbury and Francis fight for the ball...

another major problem is that 90% of our roster is useless if they don't have the ball in their hands.
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
2/23/2006  2:54 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by holfresh:

Guys I have watch enough ball in my life to know the Knicks have talent...You have to play a style that suits your talent...Blame Isiah if you want because it's easy, but the job he has done in my opinion was amazing....If you took the team and salary cap he inherited and turned it into what we have now after, everyone here would sign on to it...everyone....so how can you now kill him.....

what style of play should this team use?

With the trade, the Knicks are a 91 for PSP version. Woo
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/23/2006  3:11 PM
Are Mike and The Mad Dog capable of a single original thought on basketball?

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 02-23-2006 3:12 PM]
once a knick always a knick
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
2/23/2006  3:18 PM
Posted by misterearl:

That's actually a very legitimate question. I'm not sure I'd disagree with what they say, but I don't think they've ever said something original.
holfresh

2/23/2006  3:18 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Seriously, they should continue doing what they try to do in just not talking about the NBA..For guys in their positions,they have no clue about the game...I'm just amazed...Mike want's Larry to be the GM..He once said he thought Isiah should step down and let Larry make the deals...Knowing Larry changes him minds more than most people cahnge their cloths...
misterearl
USA
2/23/2006  3:25 PM
Giving a dude a microphone or a column does NOT make him an authority

Think for yourselves people

Decide whether the so-called commentary is rooted in creating more controversy or rooted in solid critique?

Then consider what credentials Mike or The Mad Dog bring to any basketball discussion that qaulifies them any more than any single poster on ths board?

Think

misterearl
USA
2/23/2006  3:28 PM
The question is when does the sports consumer simply tire of every beat writer, talk-show host and desk show person using the extra effort to beat up on the Knicks while they are down?

Anyone can do that.

How many can look at something and see beneath the obvious?

Are we not men?

holfresh

2/23/2006  3:29 PM
What's telling about a guy who follows ball in this town...When Isiah just signed and traded for Craw..Mike and Mad Dog were killing Isiah for giving Craw Dick Barnett's number...Lots of you guys may not know his number because you probally started watching the Knicks 15-20 years now...But big sport guys like Mike and Dog has to know his number if you watch the Knicks when the Knicks were Kings of the World...It's like not knowing what Starks number was...His number was 12....They killed Isiah for it....
holfresh

2/23/2006  3:32 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

LOL They're just mad because the Knicks kicked WFAN to the curb for ESPNRadio.

I don't think they loved LayDown- they brought it to him too- but they damn sure don't like basketball the way they sound at times.

Let Mike & the Mad Dog stick to baseball. LOL

They loved Layden...I heard them say it this week as well....they love Checketts...

They hate hoops....

knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
2/23/2006  3:35 PM
I'm with earl and TMS...watch 'Matrix' and look beneath the surface-
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
Mike Francesa is absolutely killing the knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy