[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mike Francesa is absolutely killing the knicks
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/23/2006  1:14 PM
even though they dont talk much about basketball and ruso obviously doesnt like isiah, mike has been neutral, but right now--he basically said this is the worst run franchise in the history of all sports
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/23/2006  1:15 PM
he's right. the knicks had a decent shot to retool this team with AD and Penny. They struck out and made their cap situation even less flexible.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/23/2006  1:15 PM
Took an accident[layden] and made into a pile-up
RIP Crushalot😞
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/23/2006  1:18 PM
I was explaining to another guy in the office who doesn't follow basketball the story of the Knicks since they traded Ewing and how they could have the worst team in the league with the highest payroll.

He couldn't believe the story was true and that it was possible to run a franchise that way.

crzymdups
USA
Posted by BRIGGS:

Took an accident[layden] and made into a pile-up

hmm. I'd say more like took a pile-up and decided to recreate with more expensive cars.
¿ △ ?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
retool this team w/who exactly? a bunch of more overpaid role players like we already had? what bigname star was available out there for expiring contracts other than Francis? i'm more than fine w/criticizing Isiah for some of the boneheaded moves he's made, but this trade isn't one of them... anyone who wants to bash this one is just blowing hot air to hear themselves talk & pretend like they're experts on cap manipulation, blah blah blah... it was a good trade, end of story... Fatcessa needs to stick to baseball & the horses.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/23/2006  1:19 PM
collin cowherd on ESPN has been killing IT all year. He said that IT will overpay for anything. He said IT will walk into a garage sale and look at a old beat up bean bag chair, that is selling for $3 and demand to pay $24 dollars for it...LOL!!! classic!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
USA
2/23/2006  1:20 PM
i can't stand cowherd... probably the most annoying radio show host other than yuckmouth Russo... they should give his time slot to Brandon T so he can have his own show.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
VDesai
USA
Posted by tkf:

collin cowherd on ESPN has been killing IT all year. He said that IT will overpay for anything. He said IT will walk into a garage sale and look at a old beat up bean bag chair, that is selling for $3 and demand to pay $24 dollars for it...LOL!!! classic!!!

What was the line that Bill Simmons mentioned was going around the all-star game? Something like Anucha offered to settle for $3 million and Isiah countered with $60 million over 5 years?
crzymdups
USA
Posted by TMS:

retool this team w/who exactly? a bunch of more overpaid role players like we already had? what bigname star was available out there for expiring contracts other than Francis? i'm more than fine w/criticizing Isiah for some of the boneheaded moves he's made, but this trade isn't one of them... anyone who wants to bash this one is just blowing hot air to hear themselves talk & pretend like they're experts on cap manipulation, blah blah blah... it was a good trade, end of story... Fatcessa needs to stick to baseball & the horses.

Even with a team full of overpaid players, you can still have those overpaid players COMPLEMENT each other. Don't tell me you can't.

At this rate, we have to take the route that Portland did over the last few years, clean the books, start over.
¿ △ ?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/23/2006  1:24 PM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by tkf:

What was the line that Bill Simmons mentioned was going around the all-star game? Something like Anucha offered to settle for $3 million and Isiah countered with $60 million over 5 years?

LOL.. don't forget the option to swap jobs in 2010...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
USA
2/23/2006  1:24 PM
what team in the NBA is composed of overpaid role players & 1 pseudo star that you would like to see the Knicks emulate? personally, i'd rather either go completely w/the youth route (which we all know won't ever happen in NY), or go this route of accumulating the best possible talent & trade assets you can get your hands on & wait for the chance to nab a true franchise level stud sometime down the road... w/Jalen Rose & Mo T's expiring deals next year, along w/Francis or Marbury & our young guys, we are poised to make just such a deal.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/23/2006  1:25 PM
forget that it's coming from francessa...just judge it with your own eyes.

players have changed. they got younger and more ahletic but they also got more expensive and softer. we can't even get to .400 (let alone .500). it's a total unmitigated disaster and a disgrace to not only work for that organization but just being a fan of the team.

and isiah keeps spinning the same old sh t. blah blah blah, i see steph + francis as dumars/isiah, earl/walt...blah blah blah.
TMS
USA
2/23/2006  1:27 PM
i don't buy any of those BS comparisons anyway... i'm looking at the talent we acquired & what we gave up... it's a good trade in my eyes... no need for me to analyze any further than that... we weren't getting any better w/Penny's expiring deal this year... i think this season needs to be all about setting ourselves up for a move in the offseason... forget the playoffs, it's not happening.
VDesai
USA
2/23/2006  1:28 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

forget that it's coming from francessa...just judge it with your own eyes.

players have changed. they got younger and more ahletic but they also got more expensive and softer. we can't even get to .400 (let alone .500). it's a total unmitigated disaster and a disgrace to not only work for that organization but just being a fan of the team.

and isiah keeps spinning the same old sh t. blah blah blah, i see steph + francis as dumars/isiah, earl/walt...blah blah blah.

It's funny how he repeats the same lines. This makes us younger and more athelitc. We're longer and more versatile. We don't think there are PG or SG, just Guards. Me and Dumars were just guards. So were Frazier and Monroe. Marbury + X will be just like us. He's not even a good used car salesman any more.

[Edited by - VDesai on 02-23-2006 1:28 PM]
realhiphop
Member: #533
2/23/2006  1:28 PM
We aren't poised to make any deal like that! The only time you get franchise studs is through free agency or the draft. Otherwise, you get players with question marks. Character question marks, attitude question marks, or players with potential. Our team is in a lot of trouble.
TMS
USA
2/23/2006  1:29 PM
Posted by realhiphop:

We aren't poised to make any deal like that! The only time you get franchise studs is through free agency or the draft. Otherwise, you get players with question marks. Character question marks, attitude question marks, or players with potential. Our team is in a lot of trouble.

ah, you mean like how MIA got Shaq... gotcha... thanks for the clarification.
realhiphop
Member: #533
2/23/2006  1:30 PM
How many times do deals like that come along?
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/23/2006  1:30 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

even though they dont talk much about basketball and ruso obviously doesnt like isiah, mike has been neutral, but right now--he basically said this is the worst run franchise in the history of all sports

Mike and Mad Dog knows nothing about the game.....don't even bother....

When it comes to pro hoops...they sprew pure hatred....

Get this......They loved Layden....and they would tell you that too.....

holfresh
Member: #1081

2/23/2006  1:31 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

he's right. the knicks had a decent shot to retool this team with AD and Penny. They struck out and made their cap situation even less flexible.

How?
Mike Francesa is absolutely killing the knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy