[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Thorn told Zeke, "Since money is no object, i have some swamp land to sell you"
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/24/2006  11:11 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by tkf:

knicks should run, they showed flash when the ran the ball. for those calling the run meaningless, didn't watch the game, the knicks went on the run with 9 minutes left in the game. what are you talking about?

When they were getting beaten by how much? 18? 21?

it's a process. it's a new player who hadn't practiced. look, I don't like the moves Isiah has been making, but I'm not going to blame the players. they're trying hard, but they don't know each other. this is the second straight game they've added a new starter, Jalen has been here what 11 games now and played with Marbury twice? give them like a week and they'll look a look better, more fluid.

some people here get upset when they don't get Garnett, then get upset when it doesn't all magically work at once. what do you expect? be a little more realistic, the Nets are playing great, the Knicks barely know each other. what did you really expect?
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
USA
2/24/2006  11:13 PM
Posted by McK1:

Denver won again

there's no way Denver is missing the playoffs now. they added like an entire bench for Watson. that was a great trade for them. Patterson and Evans are great bench players, gritty, defensive studs. they're going to win that division easily now.
¿ △ ?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/24/2006  11:33 PM
Posted by tomverve:

Steph is coming off an injury. Francis played his first game with the Knicks (at all-- didn't even practice). Of course it wasn't going to click all at once.

I saw some good things out there. The offense is already looking more dynamic. Give it some time and I think we'll look pretty decent.

I am kind of in agreement with this sentiment. Yes, the Knicks were losing all of the game and were bad for most, but with Rose, Marb, and Stevie out there with Frye and Curry, things did not seem lost. And we are talking Stevie having zero practice and Rose only having a handful of games.

Was Curry bad? Yes, again. But the biggest difference I see in his game between now and the beginning of the year is that he is active. Moving. Trying to post and trying to play D. Silly fouls? Yup. But on at least 2 of them he was duped and I would consider 1 of his 3 second calls a very short 3 seconds before he got the ball - I watched the DVR of it like 3 times and counted (the refs watch Curry closely). You know what? The guy is finally rounding into shape. It's sad but true. And now he can start to actually do things and change things physically.

Also, the Knicks perimrter players are sucking right now - they can't hit from outside. When Curry either posts or tries to post, he is either getting the ball too early (and missing it), not getting the ball (3 seconds). When he DOES get the ball, no one can hit an outside shot to save their lives. OR they don't move without the ball to help him space the floor correctly. OR they they sit and watch.

It will come.

This was a bad game but I got a better vibe watching it.

Oh, I don't mind Q missing shots, but I wish he would take midrange or move in or go to the basket. Don't give me JC, that guy is clueless and utterly sucks on D.

Elite was right, I can't believe this was a 4 point blowout.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/24/2006  11:39 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Curry's #s were misleading. I'm really starting to hate the guy.
So am I. He's a low IQ player AND extremely soft.

crzymdups
USA
2/24/2006  11:45 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by tomverve:

Steph is coming off an injury. Francis played his first game with the Knicks (at all-- didn't even practice). Of course it wasn't going to click all at once.

I saw some good things out there. The offense is already looking more dynamic. Give it some time and I think we'll look pretty decent.

I am kind of in agreement with this sentiment. Yes, the Knicks were losing all of the game and were bad for most, but with Rose, Marb, and Stevie out there with Frye and Curry, things did not seem lost. And we are talking Stevie having zero practice and Rose only having a handful of games.

Was Curry bad? Yes, again. But the biggest difference I see in his game between now and the beginning of the year is that he is active. Moving. Trying to post and trying to play D. Silly fouls? Yup. But on at least 2 of them he was duped and I would consider 1 of his 3 second calls a very short 3 seconds before he got the ball - I watched the DVR of it like 3 times and counted (the refs watch Curry closely). You know what? The guy is finally rounding into shape. It's sad but true. And now he can start to actually do things and change things physically.

Also, the Knicks perimrter players are sucking right now - they can't hit from outside. When Curry either posts or tries to post, he is either getting the ball too early (and missing it), not getting the ball (3 seconds). When he DOES get the ball, no one can hit an outside shot to save their lives. OR they don't move without the ball to help him space the floor correctly. OR they they sit and watch.

It will come.

This was a bad game but I got a better vibe watching it.

Oh, I don't mind Q missing shots, but I wish he would take midrange or move in or go to the basket. Don't give me JC, that guy is clueless and utterly sucks on D.

Elite was right, I can't believe this was a 4 point blowout.

good points on the Curry thing. I think a big issue here is most of the guys on this team have never played with a true post pressence like Curry. it takes time to learn how to space the floor. It's sad how much better Francis is at throwing a SIMPLE entry pass than Crawford.

there is enough talent here to improve from within. Isiah needs to admit the Crawford mistake and move on though. I like Crawford, he's a good kid, but he's killing us on a nightly basis at this rate.
¿ △ ?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/25/2006  12:01 AM
Did anyone catch on the ESPN pregame they said Ernie Johnson has cancer? Hearing that bummed me out - i like that guy a lot.

Just looked it up - he has non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Plans to finish the season and then go for chemo.

Best of luck to him - he just seems like a real good guy.
crzymdups
USA
2/25/2006  12:09 AM
Posted by Marv:

Did anyone catch on the ESPN pregame they said Ernie Johnson has cancer? Hearing that bummed me out - i like that guy a lot.

Just looked it up - he has non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Plans to finish the season and then go for chemo.

yeah, they made an announcement last night on TNT. I was shocked. yeah, definitely best of luck to EJ. EJ, Chuck and Kenny are one of the best things going for the NBA.
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/25/2006  12:15 AM
Posted by Marv:

i saw him make the announcement on tnt. he's a pro - especially having to take a back seat and whipping boy on national tv for kenny + charles.
McK1
Member: #964
2/25/2006  12:33 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

I think a big issue here is most of the guys on this team have never played with a true post pressence like Curry.

Q played with Brand and Amare

Crawford played with Curry

Francis played with Yao and Howard

Marbury played with KG and Amare

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
tomverve
Member: #878
2/25/2006  12:55 AM
Yeah the outside shooting was bad tonight, but don't expect that to get much better. Q and Francis both are poor perimeter shooters. Marbury is OK but not great. JC of course is streaky. Even Channing has been slumping a while now on his J. Looks like the only dependble perimeter jumper we have is Jalen, and for an offense geared towards scoring in the paint, that will continue to hurt us.

About Curry-- one thing that bodes poorly is that he has such a poor rep that he NEVER gets the benefit of a ref's call, ever. He's like the anti-MJ, the anti-Shaq. Krstic had a flop in the first half where replays showed Curry didn't even touch him... offensive foul. A few plays later, Krstic obviously flops again, this time a loose ball foul on Curry. And christ, what about the Miami game where Shaq leveled his elbow into Eddie's face and then barrelled him over and got the foul call on Eddie?

The refs aren't the primary source of Curry's struggles, but it really doesn't help that they're ready to call a foul on him at the drop of a hat. Hell, I could probably guard Curry easily-- all you have to do is drop to the floor when he's near you and it's a turnover.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/25/2006  8:00 AM
dj - I always thought Ernie Johnnson did an excellent job allowing Charles and Kenny to do their freestyle thing without letting the set get out of control. He has a difficult job and does it with and even hand and excellent results

EJ allows the show to breathe

Kinda like how I wish Larry would coach
once a knick always a knick
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/25/2006  8:01 AM
mck1 - get your facts straight

The Knicks cut the lead to 6 by pushing the ball in the second quarter
once a knick always a knick
McK1
Member: #964
2/25/2006  9:24 AM
Posted by misterearl:

mck1 - get your facts straight

The Knicks cut the lead to 6 by pushing the ball in the second quarter

everyone else here is talking about the 4th.

but that run in the 2nd did help to avoid the previous season low of 33 at the half by a bucket.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/25/2006  10:25 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by tkf:

knicks should run, they showed flash when the ran the ball. for those calling the run meaningless, didn't watch the game, the knicks went on the run with 9 minutes left in the game. what are you talking about?

When they were getting beaten by how much? 18? 21?

it's a process. it's a new player who hadn't practiced. look, I don't like the moves Isiah has been making, but I'm not going to blame the players. they're trying hard, but they don't know each other. this is the second straight game they've added a new starter, Jalen has been here what 11 games now and played with Marbury twice? give them like a week and they'll look a look better, more fluid.

some people here get upset when they don't get Garnett, then get upset when it doesn't all magically work at once. what do you expect? be a little more realistic, the Nets are playing great, the Knicks barely know each other. what did you really expect?

I know that. I wasn't really expecting great things, unlike some here who predicted a win and great things from a guy that hasn't even had a practice yet. Im not talking about Francis, but about how we are always behind in every game because of the terrible play we always have. And for how long will the excuse that these guys don't know each other will last? The wort problems this team has come from the guys that were here since training camp, and some even before that. Still you see minimal-to- no improvement from them. Is it the coaching? Low basketball IQ? The government? Oprah? I don't know but this has got to be one of the more frustrating Knicks season I have seen. Yeah, there is youth and some promise, but at least in previous seasons we showed pride and did a lot with little talent. This season the talent level is high but the results are pathetic.

Sighs... I need some kool-aid urgently...
Knicks_Fan
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/25/2006  11:14 AM
gosh, denver winning is much worse than us losing. i stil cant believe that end of the game the incredible shot melo hit and that STUPID shot set up for KG in the last 4 sec...... kG is 7-1 can you throw it to him in the frikin post?
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2006  11:41 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Marv:

i saw him make the announcement on tnt. he's a pro - especially having to take a back seat and whipping boy on national tv for kenny + charles.

agreed here. Erie is one of the best IMHO. A real pro.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Game Thread: Thorn told Zeke, "Since money is no object, i have some swamp land to sell you"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy