[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NYK/WAS/LAC/ATL
Author Thread
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
8/8/2002  12:46 AM
Just a thought after reading some articles...

New York trades: Houston, Thomas, Ward
New York receives: Odom, Henderson, Mohammed

Atlanta trades: Terry, Mohammed, Henderson
Atlanta receives: Houston, Ward, Etan Thomas

Washington trades: Hamilton, Etan thomas
Washington recieves: Terry, Kurt Thomas

Clippers trade: Odom
Clippers receive: Hamilton

Why each team does it
---
NY:

Lineup-
PG: Williams/Eisley
SG: Spree/Anderson
SF: Odom/Henderson/Spoon
PF: Dice/Harrington/Spoon
C: Mohammed/Doleac/Harrington

Our starting 5 is good, with a point-forward type player in Odom (a real SF), a real Center who was good for about 10 and 8 last year and all we need with Dice on the low blocks. bench is a little weak but all we need are decent role players, which i think we have. PG is still a little weak but all we need is a consistent, decent player. I think Eisley/Williams will be fine.

---
Atlanta:

Lineup:

PG: Dickau, Ward
SG: Houston/Glover
SF: Glenn Robinson/Johnson
PF: Abdur-Rahim/Etan Thomas
C: Ratliff/Etan Thomas

With houston over terry they have one of the best starting 5's in the east. Dickau will be good, Nash-like player, Houston is a real SG, strong, and the shooter they need. G-Rob and Abdur-Rahim can carry the offense and Ratliff will be a presence. They need a real SG and want to get rid of Terry...and they want a "good guy". Houstons a good guy. They also rid themselves of Henderson's huge contract. Ward can help bring along Dickau too. Etan thomas isn't bad and can play some backup PF and C since he is pretty big.

---
Washington:

Lineup:

PG: Terry, Dixon
SG: Hughes, Grizzard
SF: Jeffries, Jordan
PF: Thomas, Brown
C: Haywood/White/Laettner

Hamilton is going to demand the max but I think they can get Terry for less than that. Terry is undersized but I think Jeffries can develop into a point-forward type of player as well and then Terry won't be asked to dish the ball as much. If they want to take a risk with Dixon they should be willing to take one with Terry. THey can get him at the right price so they can sign him ANd another good free agent. Kurt Thomas will get them 18 and 10 without a doubt in my mind. The team is improved, they dotn get older, and they have a better chance of future improvement. Thomas can help Kwame Brown along as well.

---
Clippers

Lineup:
PG: 'Dre Miller, Dooling
SG: Quentin Richardson, Piatkowski
SF: Richard Hamilton, Magette
PF: Brand, Wilcox
C: Olowakandi, Ely, Rooks

The Clippers want to get rid of Odom and here they get another young player (Hamilton is a 6-7 G-F) who is a good scorer. With Miller, Odom's passing skills wont be as necessary. They get a good defender/scorer in Hamilton and get rid of Odom (their headache).

comments?
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
AUTOADVERT
nwny
Member: #284
8/8/2002  1:31 AM
No the Clips don't want to get rid of Odom. That's what kept delaying the Miller trade. The Cavs wanted Odom but the Clips didn't want to give him up.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/8/2002  1:33 AM
Very interesting. I'd love for that to go down, as I think Odom is one of the more talented guys in the NBA. Moving Spree back to 2, getting Odom (who is 6'10") at SF, and a C. I'd love that.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/8/2002  10:02 AM
clippers need some #1 picks coming their way for them to trade like that.

plus - does it work capwise? we're sending out alot of salary - over or about 20 million and not taking back 20 million...
nyballer
USA
8/8/2002  6:53 PM
Posted by nwny:

No the Clips don't want to get rid of Odom. That's what kept delaying the Miller trade. The Cavs wanted Odom but the Clips didn't want to give him up.
No the clippers are tired of Odom's drug problems and would be willing to trade him if they got a good SF back, and Hamilton is going to be a star in the league. The Clippers wouldnt trade Odom because they think they can get better for him and would rather get a SF for him.

As far as salaries go, I think it works out since Henderson has a huge contract but i am not 100% sure. We prob would take some bad contracts if it didnt work out. And the Knicks could give LA their #1 and the Hawks could give the Wizards their #1 (both lotto protected). Maybe the clips get a 2nd rounder.
BigSm00th
USA
8/8/2002  7:23 PM
No way this works, Clips give up just Odom and the Knicks give up Houston, Thomas, and Ward. Just the Knicks salaries combined are like 10x Odom's contract.
#Knickstaps
Knick2001
Member: #83
8/8/2002  8:05 PM
Harrington backing up at center? No way that happens or the Knicks are in really deep trouble!
nyballer
USA
8/8/2002  9:24 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

No way this works, Clips give up just Odom and the Knicks give up Houston, Thomas, and Ward. Just the Knicks salaries combined are like 10x Odom's contract.
Well the Clippers give up Odom and get back Hamilton and they are both rookie contracts so thats a wash.
The Wizards give up Hamilton and get Terry and both are also rookie contracts so thats even.
Alan Henderson has a bad contract..the kbnicks could take bad contracts from atlanta...
BigSm00th
USA
8/8/2002  9:45 PM
Nah, all teams in the trade have to give up the same. I checked on RealGM, it doesn't work.
#Knickstaps
nyballer
USA
8/8/2002  10:08 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Nah, all teams in the trade have to give up the same. I checked on RealGM, it doesn't work.
Yeah I tried it too but I thought that was because NY and ATL were uneven. are you sure every team has to get the same amount of salary? i dont think that was the case with the glen rice trade. I thought it was that each team had to get bakc what it gave up....
BigSm00th
USA
8/8/2002  10:21 PM
Oh, maybe that's what it is, I'm not sure.
#Knickstaps
killacross
Member: #58
USA
8/9/2002  1:37 AM
if you guys are gona talk 4 way trades here is another one:

nyk
gives- eisely, ward, knight, kt, shandon, 1st rnd pick, 2nd rnd pick (26 million)
gets- stephon, outlaw, brown, foyle (25 million)

gsw
gives- fortson, foyle (9 million)
gets- eisely, knight, nyk 2nd rnd pick (9 million)

pho
gives- stephon, randy brown, outlaw (21 million)
gets- fortson, NVE, shandon, nyk 1st rd pick (20 million)

dal
gives- NVE (10 million)
gets- ward, kt (10.5 million)

our new depth chart
pg- stephon, brown, williams
sg- AH, postell
sf- Spree, outlaw
pf- dice, spoon, othella
c- foyle, doleac

NYK would do this trade for obvious reasons. THis allows us to get much bigger, not only putting a great shot blocking center into the mix, but off the bench at SF we could use spoon or outlaw (if postell is used strictly as a backup sg -aka on the knicks roster the BENCH-) which would give us the most size we've had in a long time. GSW needs a pg and has been rumored that they would give fortson up for a center(even though knight isnt much of one) now that either jamison or MD jr are going to move to PF. Dallas has been rumored to this trade (nve= kt/ward). PHO gets a talented pg in return and a pf that could help toughen them up immedeately. They also get a good defensive swingman off the bench (if they want to use hardaway as the starting SG then backup PG when NVE is on the bench) and jacobson isnt ready to go yet.

Is this trade going to happen... NO... oh well... you can always hope
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
NYK/WAS/LAC/ATL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy