[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Center spot update
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/7/2002  8:55 AM
Looks like Mark Blount will sign with Denver soon.

From Today's NYPOST:
Layden wants this cleared up one way or another by this week as he heads to the Hamptons on vacation Monday, with or without Doleac in the fold. The Knicks are looking for a three-year deal and it is believed Doleac's agent is trying to squeeze out a fourth year. The Knicks were prepared to offer Doleac a three-year deal starting at about $2.2M, bringing the total to $7.5M.

If the Doleac signing crashes, one intriguing reserve center who just became a free agent is 7-footer Mikki Moore, whose contract was bought out by Detroit Monday and is available for the minimum $699,000.
-------------------

Mikki Moore at Center? Travis Knight is better.
I hope Layden doesn't desperately sign Doleac, especially if he's worried about his ankle.

we need to trade for a center. even if it's ostertag or bradley. (probably our only realistic options)
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/7/2002  8:57 AM
and i can't believe layden is going on vacation and not going to do any deals... i'm shocked, the prime time for trading, he goes on vacation. simply ludacris!
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
8/7/2002  9:24 AM
Why not sign Moore for the $700k - putting the iron to Doleac and his agent to get off the dime. Maybe then he will sign for the three years. $700K is nothing to the Knicks.. Just an option..
The Old Man of UK...
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
8/7/2002  12:22 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

and i can't believe layden is going on vacation and not going to do any deals... i'm shocked, the prime time for trading, he goes on vacation. simply ludacris!

I just started a thread about this. Didnt read the board first. You beat me to it! I agree Case!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/7/2002  4:19 PM
I think we should pursue Wang Zhi-Zhi. His perimeter presence gives McDyess more room to create around the basket. He's a restricted FA, but Dallas is unlikely to match any serious offer.
Center spot update

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy