Portland - San An TRADE COMPLETED
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/5/2002  9:07 PM
Daniels Dealt to Blazers in Five Player Trade
Added: 5th August, 2002

NBA.com reports that the Spurs have finally traded Antonio Daniels. After weeks of trade talk, Daniels was dealt to the Trail Blazers.

In the deal, the Spurs receive Steve Kerr, Eric Barkley and the 2003 2nd round pick that they traded to Portland last summer. The Trail Blazers receive Daniels, Charles Smith and Amal McCaskill.

The acquistion of Daniels could signal that the Blazers will not sign Jeff McInnis as reported. But considering Daniels' ability to play both guard spots, the Blazers could opt to not re-sign restricted free agent guard Bonzi Wells.

Kerr is a 14-year NBA veteran, and spent three seasons with the Spurs prior to being traded last offseason, winning one of his four championships there in 1999. He is the NBA's career leader in 3-point field goal percentage at 45.9 percent. Kerr averaged 4.1 points in 65 games with the Blazers last year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Case Analysis

Salary dump by San An.
Maybe Barkley was crap.
More fighting for minutes in portland.
Maybe a follow up trade - stoudy or bonzi is going to be gone soon...
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
8/6/2002  7:20 AM
This trade was interesting. What was San Antonio thinking. As everybody know Antonio Daniels is one of my favorites. But the Spurs just traded away Tim Duncans best friend and a very good PG. Tony Parker is the main reason, because they want to give him 40min a game and Daniels is too talented to sit on bench. Blazer defitely got the btter of the deal but leaves them with a whole group of PG's and SG's. Portland hasnt given up on McInnis either. bBlazers definitely got a trade or 2 up their sleave. I hope its Bonzi and Stoud to NY but I doubt they take any contract besides Spree (2 years remaining on contract). But Layden doesnt want to rush into a bad deal either so Layden will see who he can get cheaper VanExel or Bonzi.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Explosive23
Member: #184
United Kingdom
8/6/2002  7:59 AM
I think it's a bit unfair to call player crap when they're being given crap minutes.. how do you expect them to produce in 12 mpg (in Barkley's case)?
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/6/2002  8:55 AM
Posted by Explosive23:

I think it's a bit unfair to call player crap when they're being given crap minutes.. how do you expect them to produce in 12 mpg (in Barkley's case)?
Like Iverson, I'm talking about practice. Practice. Yes, Practice. the time when coaches see who has game and who doesn't.
Portland - San An TRADE COMPLETED

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy