[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

van exel?
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/6/2002  9:36 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

well if the knicks get a center through trade they could use one of or part of the exceptions for one of the FA pg's.

Troy Hudson, Jeff McInnis or even Rafer Alston(for the million dollar exception) come to mind.

Would give the knicks a good PG without any long term headaches which VanX would be.
trade houston for kemp - kemp could hold down the center spot, his contract is up in two years, just like sprees and dice's. in 2 years, spree is going to be 34, sorry, but i don't think we're going to be improving our chances of a title then.
AUTOADVERT
nwny
Member: #284
8/6/2002  4:33 PM
trade houston for kemp
Ha, ha, ha, haaaaaa. Wait let me read that again. OK I did. Ha, ha, ha, haaaaaa.
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/6/2002  4:43 PM
Posted by nwny:
trade houston for kemp
Ha, ha, ha, haaaaaa. Wait let me read that again. OK I did. Ha, ha, ha, haaaaaa.
look, kemp is a decent option for center in the east, better than all the other alternatives out there, and he'd cause a huge salary cap dump in 2 years.
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
8/6/2002  4:50 PM
We would do that if it's a true rebuild...In terms of salary, It's actually not a bad idea - but in terms of the playoffs, I'd rather have houston for the next two years...after that, I'll wish we had done the Kemp deal, as I watch other teams getting all the 2005 FA's...

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
nwny
Member: #284
8/7/2002  7:50 PM
look, kemp is a decent option for center in the east, better than all the other alternatives out there, and he'd cause a huge salary cap dump in 2 years.
I believe I said this before. Kemp is retired. He just doesn't know it yet. He's scoring 6 ppg and grabing 4 boards. He isn't strong enough, or tall enough to play center. Even in the East. He's out of shape, overweight, and can't block shots anymore becuase his knees are shot (.44 bpg last season).
This is the equivilent of trading ALlan Houston for nothing. Can we pull that trade off. Knicks to any team in the NBA "take AH and we'll take nothing in return". Go ahead GM pull that trade off.
van exel?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy