Jackson says something must be done
Author Thread
GucciKnick8
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #17
USA
8/21/2001  4:43 PM

Tuesday, August 21, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- Mark Jackson, who finished last season as the New York Knicks' starting point guard, said the team has one too many quality players at the position.

Jackson

"Something probably has to be done," Jackson was quoted by Bloomberg News as saying at a Madison Square Garden news conference on Tuesday while promoting a benefit game for Wheelchair Charities, Inc.

"I'd be shocked if three guys play."

Last week, the Knicks completed a trade sending swingman Glen Rice to the Houston Rockets for forward Shandon Anderson and point guard Howard Eisley.

The Knicks also have veteran Charlie Ward, who began last season as the starter before the team acquired Jackson from the Toronto Raptors at the trade deadline.

Jackson struggled with the Knicks, who were upset by the Raptors in the first round of the playoffs. He averaged 5.9 points and 5.6 assists with New York after averaging 8.5 points and 9.2 assists with Toronto.

Jackson told Bloomberg he had not spoken with Knicks coach Jeff Van Gundy about the point-guard situation.

"The bottom line is the best one will play," Jackson said. "As far as me, I have no concerns. All I can do is get myself in the best possible shape and be ready. It's not my call."

ESPN Tools
Email story

Most sent stories

"You never know here in New York, stuff can happen on any given day," - - -Marcus Camby23
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/21/2001  7:10 PM
Posted by GucciKnick8:

Tuesday, August 21, 2001
ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- Mark Jackson, who finished last season as the New York Knicks' starting point guard, said the team has one too many quality players at the position.

Man, I love controversey. First Spree nudges Glen out and now Jackson goes after Ward. Go Jackson, go Jackson, go.

PS. Thanks for the article.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYFAN4LIFE
Member: #65
USA
8/21/2001  7:31 PM
(1)yeah so deal him to Chicago for Miller to back up Camby.Chicago needs his veteran experience to run the point.Ny could throw a pick in as well.
(2)trade Eisley or Ward,i doubt Ward cuz of his remarks.I say to Port. for Rod,then Thomas n Wright for Davis.Throw in Knight in mix of this as well.Barkley ain't ready to back up Mouse especially in the playoffs.So they get a good back up pg n a good starting pf/c.
line up
Davis-Miller-Chenowith
Camby-Harrington-Spoon
Spree-LJ-Anderson-Spoon
Houston-Anderson-Postell
Rod-Eisley or Ward
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/21/2001  8:16 PM
I'd rather see:

Camby-Miller-Harrington
Davis-Spoon-LJ
Spree-Anderson
Houston-Postell
Rod-Eisley or Ward
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/21/2001  8:49 PM
Ward has seen his last days as a knick thats for sure. It just a matter of time until he gets sent away for something. All i'm asking for is a solid center who can give you 10 good minutes a game.
Jackson says something must be done

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy