[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gary Payton
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/4/2002  6:50 PM
who on this board would prefer payton over nick van X?

the thing is, i think we can get nick van x for kt and eisley, which i think is a great trade. we don't have to give up any of the "big 3"

also - does anyone think that our "big 3" is going to work?

who here misses LJ on the team? even though he was undersized, he kicked butt.

i think if we have to, othella can hold down the middle. who cares how tall he is, he played center in stretches last year, and with dice on the low blocks, othella would just have to worry about offensive rebounds.

i can't believe we can't get rid of eisley for foyle from golden state. i think even getting marc jax from minny for eisley is fine - we need someone who can hold it down inside - and he'd do fine. or maybe even jahidi white is attainable for othella harrington, or salarywise - weatherspoon would match.

AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/4/2002  8:34 PM
I'd go for Nick Van Exel over Payton because in a few years Payton would want another big pay day and Van Exel could just leave when his contract expires and Williams could play PG. VE is cheaper, and is pretty much a cheaper version of Payton (not as good offensively and not nearly as good defensively.) I'd love to get Jahidi White, and I like the idea of Othella in the middle. However, as McDyess was saying in the articles I've read, the problem isn't who plays center on defense, it's who the center covers when the Knicks have the ball. If the Knicks have Harrington who is only 6'7", why would the center cover him? He wouldn't, he'd cover McDyess. Knicks need to get a 7 footer that way the opposing center would need to cover him on defense.
#Knickstaps
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
8/4/2002  9:59 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

who here misses LJ on the team? even though he was undersized, he kicked butt.

I became a Knicks fan in July 96 after they traded for him. He played with crazy heart and delivered in the clutch. A true leader.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
8/4/2002  10:53 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

the thing is, i think we can get nick van x for kt and eisley, which i think is a great trade.

Actually I don't think Dallas would even do Ward + KT for Van Exel. I read somewhere that the Mavericks never even had a Van Exel for Ward + KT offer on the table. From this information I'd have to say that Dallas wouldn't even consider getting Eisley back. They made a big mistake by giving him a big contract and I don't see them taking him back anytime soon...
sexualtennis
Member: #297
USA
8/4/2002  11:19 PM
othella CAN NOT hold down the middle. he played center in stretches last year and we ended up in the lottery. hes a 6'6 PF who CANNOT rebound. so what if dice is on the low blocks... while you say othella would just have to worry about boards, the simple fact remains that he is a sub-par rebounder for his position.
nwny
Member: #284
8/5/2002  3:18 AM
Actually I don't think Dallas would even do Ward + KT for Van Exel. I read somewhere that the Mavericks never even had a Van Exel for Ward + KT offer on the table.
Yo uare wrong. Dallas has said to anyone who will listen. WE WANT KURT THOMAS. There's no offer because they nicks are still trying to get a center. When and if we get a center, then KT becomes expendable. Then we may, may do the KT deal. But regardless the deal is there for the taking unless Dallas signed a FA PF.
Gary Payton

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy